Set Sprague as default location
Current ConditionsFri Sep 19, 14 at 1:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 7:04 AM
Sunset: 7:28 PM
S 11 km/h
Pressure: 100.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Sep 18, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Sep 18, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness this evening then showers beginning after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 16.
Showers ending in the morning then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. High 24. UV index 3 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early in the evening. A few showers beginning early in the evening and ending after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 11.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
18° | 10°
64° | 50°
21° | 9°
70° | 48°
22° | 8°
72° | 46°
22° | 11°
72° | 52°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A warm front pushes through overnight Thursday into Friday that could spark some nocturnal thunderstorms. Friday morning could still see a few showers early but those should end before the outdoor ceremony at he CMHR which starts at 10:30am. Expect another band of showers or storms Friday night into Saturday. Saturday is unstable in the afternoon and windy too with a chance for a few scattered thunderstorms.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Breaking Scotland referendum: No to independence from U.K., voters decide video
- Scotland voters have opted to continue as part of the United Kingdom in a historic referendum vote, although most observers believe there will be a substantial change in the relationship in the coming months.
- Winnipeggers hit the streets in Take Back the Night march
- Hundreds of people took to the streets of Winnipeg's North End on Thursday night for the annual Take Back the Night march, and this year's event has added meaning for some participants following the discovery of Tina Fontaine's body in the Red River.
- A Tribe Called Red cancels performance at human rights museum
- A Tribe Called Red has pulled out of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights' opening festivities this weekend, citing concerns about how the museum portrays aboriginal issues.
- Man's body recovered from Red River near Lockport
- The body of a man has been found in the Red River north of Winnipeg this afternoon, but RCMP say the discovery is not related to the Drag the Red initiative in the city.
- Winnipeg's Grace Hospital has worst ER wait times in Canada: study
- Newly-released information confirms what many Winnipeggers have found out the hard way: waits to see a doctor in Winnipeg emergency rooms are too long.