Set Halifax as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 30, 14 at 6:00 PM ADT
Sunrise: 5:58 AM
Sunset: 8:45 PM
S 18 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of showers or drizzle
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 30, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Wed Jul 30, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Showers ending overnight then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Fog spreading inland this evening. Low 15.
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Fog patches retreating to the coast in the morning. High 22 except 17 along the coast. UV index 7 or high.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Fog patches spreading inland in the evening. Low 15.
|Chance of showers or drizzle||Chance of showers||Sunny||Chance of showers||Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud|
26° | 14°
79° | 57°
24° | 15°
75° | 59°
22° | 17°
72° | 63°
23° | 15°
73° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Updated Northern Pulp won't be shut down despite emissions, stench
- Nova Scotia's Environment Minister says there's no question the Northern Pulp mill in Abercrombie Point is malfunctioning, but he has no intention of forcing it to shut down despite public complaints about the emissions coming from the mill.
- Updated Lyle Howe sentenced to 3 years for sexual assault video
- A suspended Halifax lawyer convicted of sexual assault has been sentenced to three years in prison in a case that sparked protests from some who say it reflects the justice system's bias against black men.
- New Fruit flies appearing earlier due to muggy summer: zoologist
- Andrew Hebda, the curator of zoology at the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History, said has provided a list of fruit fly facts that will help you know your enemy — and maybe win the battle against this dreaded pest of summer.
- Barrington Street stabbing leads to arrest of teenager
- Halifax Regional Police have arrested a 17-year-old man following a stabbing Tuesday evening on Barrington Street.
- Bluenose II now in province of Nova Scotia's control
- The Bluenose II schooner, with a rebuild that is two years overdue and millions of dollars over budget, is now officially the problem of the Nova Scotia government and taxpayers.