Set Halifax as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 25, 14 at 2:00 AM AST
Sunrise: 7:51 AM
Sunset: 4:39 PM
SSE 26 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
Rain at times heavy or drizzle
Rain at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Wed Dec 24, 14 at 4:00 PM AST Wed Dec 24, 14 at 4:00 PM AST
Periods of drizzle changing to rain at times heavy this evening. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Fog patches. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming southeast 20 gusting to 40 early this evening then south 30 gusting to 50 after midnight. Temperature rising to 10 by morning.
Rain at times heavy. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Fog patches. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 50 gusting to 80 in the morning. High 14.
Rain at times heavy ending in the evening then clearing. Amount 5 mm. Fog patches dissipating in the evening. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming west 20 gusting to 40 near midnight. Low plus 2.
|Rain at times heavy||Sunny||Sunny||Cloudy||Flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
4° | -1°
39° | 30°
5° | 0°
41° | 32°
0° | -1°
32° | 30°
-3° | -5°
27° | 23°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Chrisma Ann Joy Denny home in time for Christmas
- A family from Eskasoni First Nation is celebrating the return of a missing family member, just in time for the holidays.
- Live Santa tracker: Follow St. Nick's journey across the globe with Norad
- Santa Claus and his reindeer are making their annual Christmas Eve trip on a sleigh loaded with gifts for boys and girls around the world.
- Photos Nova Scotia, a year in pictures
- CBC Nova Scotia has sifted through our archives to give you 2014, in pictures.
- Kaleigh Wright-Barton, Sick Kids patient, home for Christmas video
- After three years of spending the holidays away from their Nova Scotia family, the Wright-Barton family are home for Christmas.
- What to do if the power goes out over Christmas
- Weather forecasts call for wind and rain in Nova Scotia over the Christmas break, creating a risk that the power will go out.