Set Halifax as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 12, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Sunrise: 7:33 AM
Sunset: 7:16 PM
SW 18 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
Rain at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 12, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Wed Mar 12, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Cloudy. Rain at times heavy beginning this evening. Amount 20 to 30 mm. Fog patches developing late this evening. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 near midnight. Low plus 1 with temperature rising to 8 by morning.
Rain ending near noon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Wind south 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 near noon. Temperature falling to plus 1 in the afternoon.
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of rain showers or drizzle changing to 40 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 20 in the evening then light overnight. Low minus 10.
|Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Flurries or rain showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Snow||Flurries|
5° | -5°
41° | 23°
4° | 0°
39° | 32°
-2° | -2°
28° | 28°
-3° | -5°
27° | 23°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Coast Guard warns of bad ice year for Atlantic Canada ships
- The Canadian Coast Guard is pleading with merchant ships to plan their voyages well in advance this year as the organization's icebreaker fleet confronts some of the worst ice conditions on the Atlantic Ocean in decades.
- Cape Rouge's diesel leak a guessing game for crews
- A Dartmouth salvage firm is in Bridgewater this morning trying to clean up after a leaking trawler in the LaHave River, but emergency crews still have no idea how much fuel is on board.
- David Rose homicide investigation nets 2 arrests
- A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with the killing of David William Rose, according to Halifax police.
- New St. Alphonsus Church gets demolition reprieve in Cape Breton
- The Diocese of Antigonish says it will consider a last-minute proposal to save a historic church in Cape Breton that has been slated for demolition.
- Don't put those shovels away: winter storm eyes East Coast
- There's no sign yet of winter loosening its grip on Atlantic Canada.