Rock River, YT
Set Rock River as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jul 28, 14 at 12:00 PM PDT
Sunrise: 4:19 AM
Sunset: 12:04 AM
NNE 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.1 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jul 28, 14 at 11:00 AM PDT Mon Jul 28, 14 at 11:00 AM PDT
Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. High 8.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind becoming east 20 km/h near midnight. Low plus 3.
Periods of rain. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 6.
|Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
10° | 1°
50° | 34°
16° | 3°
61° | 37°
20° | 9°
68° | 48°
18° | 10°
64° | 50°
16° | 9°
61° | 48°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Inuit Cirumpolar Council highlights environmental concerns
- Delegates say they support the economic benefits of resource development, but worry the North would not be able to respond quickly to disasters, such as an oil spill.
- New U.S. looks at oil and gas lease sale in Beaufort Sea
- The U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management announced Friday it is opening a 45-day comment period to gather information on areas in the Beaufort Sea that have the most promising oil and gas potential.
- Patti-Kay Hamilton wins 2014 CBC Creative Nonfiction Prize
- Retired CBC North broadcaster Patti-Kay Hamilton wins the 2014 Creative Nonfiction Prize. She'll receive $6,000, a two-week writing residency at The Banff Centre and her story published in Air Canada’s enRoute magazine.
- Christina David, former Nunavik resident, takes credit for plucking bird on Montreal Metro
- Woman laughs off uproar, says she didn't give much thought to preparing bird for cooking.
- Heavy smoke grounds flights out of Gameti, N.W.T.
- Yellowknife resident says he's been stuck in the community for a week because planes and helicopters are unable to land.