Rock River, YT
Set Rock River as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 22, 14 at 7:00 AM PDT
Feels like: -26
Feels like: -15
Sunrise: 9:29 AM
Sunset: 6:09 PM
E 76 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 22, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT Wed Oct 22, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT
Blizzard. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northeast 40 km/h except east 80 gusting to 100 near the Richardson mountains. High minus 9.
Blizzard ending near midnight then cloudy. Local blowing snow overnight. Wind northeast 40 km/h except east 80 gusting to 100 near the Richardson mountains this evening. Low minus 14. Cold wind chill minus 26. Risk of frostbite.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 20 km/h. High minus 8.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-9° | -13°
16° | 9°
-11° | -16°
12° | 3°
-9° | -12°
16° | 10°
-9° | -13°
16° | 9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Live Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot at National War Memorial in Ottawa video
- A man with a rifle shot a soldier standing guard at the War Memorial in downtown Ottawa, and witnesses said there were further shots fired on nearby Parliament Hill.
- 'It's affecting everyone': fuel prices jump 22% in Tuktoyatuk
- The mayor of Tuktoyaktuk, N.W.T. is calling on the territorial government to subsidize fuel costs in the community, after prices rose because fuel had to be trucked in instead of shipped by barge from Hay River.
- Nunavut MLAs say no more consequences for David Joanasie
- During the first sitting since South Baffin MLA David Joanasie was charged with drunk driving on P.E.I. this summer, Iqaluit-Tasiluk MLA George Hickes put forward a motion that reprimanded Joanasie, stating the legislative assembly's strong opposition to impaired driving.
- WEATHER Heavy snow for the Dehcho, -30 C wind chill in the Kitikmeot
- Blizzards, snowfall, strong winds: CBC North meteorologist Christy Climenhaga looks at the day's forecast in all three territories.
- Nunavut group looks for homes for unwanted pets
- An animal welfare group in Nunavut is looking for homes and money to help care for unwanted pets in Iqaluit.