Pilot Mound, MB
Set Pilot Mound as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 1:00 PM CDT
UV: 7 (High)
Feels like: 30
Feels like: 86
Sunrise: 6:06 AM
Sunset: 9:18 PM
N 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. High 28. UV index 7 or high.
Clearing this evening. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Low 13.
Sunny. Wind becoming west 20 km/h late in the afternoon. High 28.
|Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
26° | 14°
79° | 57°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
27° | 12°
81° | 54°
28° | 13°
82° | 55°
30° | 13°
86° | 55°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Temps across the south should be at around 28 or 29 this afternoon. Again, we could see temps in the 30s across the northwest section of the province. The sky over Winnipeg is a little hazy today due to smoke from fires in NWT. Otherwise, it’s a fairly sunny day with a few afternoon clouds. Winds stay fairly light as well. Friday… back up to 29 degrees. I have been watching the timing of a frontal system for Saturday and it now looks like the front will pass earlier in the day. I’m not talking about severe storms here but we certainly could see some showers or weak thunderstorms early in the morning with clearing by mid morning an then sunshine for the afternoon with a high of 26. I’ll continue to track the timing of that front. Behind that disturbance, the air will dry out a little (less humid) and temps will be a little cooler but close to seasonal. The rest of the long weekend looks fairly sunny with daytime highs in the mid 20s. That will also be the trend into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Drunk, high-speed crash sentence on livestream
- The sentence for a drunk driver who killed an elderly woman in Winnipeg is being livestreamed from the courtroom.
- Updated Supreme Court ruling on Mr. Big sting gets mixed reaction video
- A criminal defence lawyer in Winnipeg is applauding the Supreme Court of Canada's ruling on so-called Mr.Big operations by police.
- Police ID man found dead after armed standoff with police. video
- An armed standoff in Winnipeg that lasted nearly 17 hours has ended, after a man fired gunshots at officers while barricading himself inside a house, police say.
- Colourful Winnipeg sunset a product of fires north of 60
- Winnipeg was treated to another brilliant sunset Wednesday.
- Updated 'Mr. Big' stings get stricter rules from Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court of Canada has upheld a lower court ruling that ordered a new trial for a Newfoundland murder suspect. The justices ruled that so-called Mr. Big stings like the one that convicted Nelson Hart can be used but also pose major problems.