St. John's, NL
Set St. John's as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 27, 14 at 6:30 AM NDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 6:12 AM
Sunset: 7:53 PM
WSW 31 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 27, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT Wed Aug 27, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT
Mainly sunny. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 along exposed areas of the coast this afternoon. High 24 except 20 in onshore winds. UV index 6 or high.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming west 20 overnight. Low 13.
Periods of drizzle or showers changing to rain in the afternoon. Amount 5 mm. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. Temperature steady near 13.
|Periods of drizzle or rain||Rain||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
15° | 13°
59° | 55°
18° | 8°
64° | 46°
22° | 11°
72° | 52°
19° | 14°
66° | 57°
18° | 10°
64° | 50°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New N.L. fossil shows earliest evidence ever of animals with muscles
- A fossil that was discovered in Newfoundland could be the oldest complex animal and the earliest evidence of muscular tissue in the world.
- Liberal Scott Reid wins byelection in St. George's-Stephenville East video
- Liberal Scott Reid has won the seat that was held by former cabinet minister Joan Shea in western Newfoundland.
- New Boy, 6, knocked down by pickup truck; witnesses sought
- A six-year-old boy is being treated in hospital after being knocked down by a pickup truck in Conception Bay South on Tuesday.
- New Hydro outage affects hundreds overnight
- Almost 500 Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro customers went without power overnight.
- Archeologists discover Labrador's 1st snowmobile
- A team of archeologists in Nunatsiavut say they've found Labrador's first snowmobile — and there are plans in the works to get it back up and running.