Set Breton as default location
Current ConditionsSat Apr 19, 14 at 10:00 AM MDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:30 AM
Sunset: 8:44 PM
SSE 4 km/h
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Sat Apr 19, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Sat Apr 19, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating late this morning. High 8. UV index 5 or moderate.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers overnight. Low plus 2.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early in the morning. Clearing near noon. Wind west 20 km/h becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 near noon then diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 early in the evening. High 10.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Cloudy||Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
15° | -4°
59° | 25°
17° | 4°
63° | 39°
6° | 4°
43° | 39°
11° | 0°
52° | 32°
13° | 0°
55° | 32°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Tune in to Edmonton AM weekday mornings for weather news from Stephanie.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11 and on the afternoon radio show Radio Active.
Edmonton related links
- WebcamEdmonton City Centre
- Birds eye view of Edmonton
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- In Depth Dying for a drink: Canada's role in Peru's water crisis
- Peru is quickly losing access to clean water because of climate change and an expanding mining industry. It's a crisis that has already cost many lives and is driving violent clashes. The CBC's Marion Warnica presents an in-depth look at the worsening crisis and Canada's role in it.
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies video
- Bars and restaurants in six of seven Canadian NHL cities are bracing for another spring without a hometown run at the Stanley Cup, but despite their dire financial predictions, some experts insist that local economies – including the service industry – will survive without playoff hockey.
- Keystone XL delay frustrates Alberta premier, TransCanada CEO video
- Alberta Premier Dave Hancock and TransCanada CEO Russ Girling both expressed disappointment Friday at the news of another delay in the U.S. approval of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline Friday.
- LP fans buy up stacks of wax at record garage sale
- Blustery winter weather couldn't keep vinyl aficionados from lining up outside a garage in east Edmonton Friday where more than 10,000 LPs from the collections of four city deejays were on sale for the retro price of $1 apiece.
- QEII travel near Lacombe not recommended
- Southbound traffic on the QE II south of Lacombe, Alta., has come to a complete stop due to numerous collisions, RCMP say.