Set Breton as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 29, 14 at 5:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:42 AM
Sunset: 8:35 PM
SSE 11 km/h
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 29, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Fri Aug 29, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers this evening and after midnight with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing before morning. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low 9.
Sunny in the morning and early in the afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h near noon. High 18. UV index 5 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in the evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 7.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Sunny|
17° | 5°
63° | 41°
19° | 8°
66° | 46°
16° | 7°
61° | 45°
17° | 4°
63° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Lynden Dorval, fired for giving zeros, 'treated unfairly,' appeal board rules video
- Lynden Dorval, a physics teacher at Ross Sheppard High School, was suspended in May 2012 for awarding zeros for work that wasn’t handed in or tests not taken, which went against the school’s policy.
- Jim Prentice, PC leadership candidate, releases donor list
- Tory leadership candidate Jim Prentice has thus far raised more than $1.8 million to fund his bid to take over the premier's office, according to documents released by his campaign Friday.
- Privacy commissioner says Medicentres failed to protect health info
- The province’s privacy commissioner has found that Medicentres contravened the province’s Health Information Act (HIA) when they failed to protect the privacy of more than 600,000 Albertans.
- Edmonton's population grows to near 880K, census shows
- Edmonton’s population has grown by more than 60,000 over the past two years, according to the municipal census conducted earlier this year.
- Updated Police investigate suspicious death in southeast Edmonton
- Police are investigating the suspicious death of a woman in southeast Edmonton.