Set McCreary as default location
Current ConditionsThu Feb 11, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Feels like: -21
Feels like: -6
Sunrise: 7:59 AM
Sunset: 5:46 PM
N 11 km/h
Chance of flurries
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Feb 11, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Thu Feb 11, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Clearing this afternoon. High minus 13.
A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 30. Wind chill minus 34.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 39.
|Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here in the south, it’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on Thursday with a cool high of -16. Wind also picks up in the afternoon so wind chills will a little brisk to say the least. Friday and Saturday will be the coldest days of the week. Early morning temps both days will approach the -30 mark. The afternoon high on Friday will be -23 but winds will be NW @ 20/30 producing exposed skin freeze times closer to 10 minutes. We moderate slightly on Saturday but really start to get milder on Sunday along with more light snow.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 25 in the afternoon.
- Human rights museum launches outdoor exhibit at Festival du Voyageur
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights unveiled its first outdoor exhibit at Festival Du Voyageur on Thursday. The ten day festival begins on Friday. The exhibit is entitled Let Them Howl: 100 Years in the Women's Rights Struggle. The exhibit will feature 12 portraits of Canadian women who helped break down gender barriers.
- Fire damages garage in Transcona Thursday morning
- Crews are battling a garage fire that broke out in Transcona on Thursday morning.
- First Nations advocate opposes exclusion of voluntary placements in Manitoba CFS count
- A First Nations family advocate is questioning the province's decision to exclude children voluntarily placed in Child and Family Services care when counting the total number of kids in care.
- Home compost collection will cost Winnipeggers more green, mayor says
- Diverting food scraps and grass clippings from the landfill means a big bump in fees but Mayor Brian Bowman is promising residents they will get a say in whether a proposed residential composting program goes ahead.
- Full suit of armour, 1967 Mercedes among items on auction in Winnipeg
- A full suit of armour, a 1967 Mercedes Benz and a lamp made of German army helmets are among the items that will be auctioned at a Winnipeg estate sale Thursday.