Set McCreary as default location
Current ConditionsThu Mar 05, 15 at 10:00 AM CST
Feels like: -17
Feels like: 1
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 6:24 PM
SE 5 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Thu Mar 05, 15 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Mar 05, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Sunny. Wind becoming west 30 km/h near noon. High minus 5. Wind chill minus 36 this morning.
Clear. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 14.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon and evening. Wind becoming west 30 km/h in the morning then light early in the evening. High minus 1.
|Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
1° | -14°
34° | 7°
1° | -7°
34° | 19°
6° | -6°
43° | 21°
5° | -6°
41° | 21°
5° | -5°
41° | 23°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Could this be winter’s last gasp for the season??? Wednesday’s high is -17 but there won’t be quite as much wind as Tuesday. Still… fairly cold and uncomfortable if you aren’t dressed for the weather. Thursday, the wind turns around in the afternoon to the south which signifies a change in our weather pattern. We go from a high on Thursday afternoon of -10 to a low Friday morning of -11 and then all the way to -1 Friday afternoon. Temps will be close to that over the weekend and well into next week. By the way, we turn our clocks forward this weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 25/30 in the morning. WNW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 the morning. S @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10/15 in the morning. WSW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- COMING UP LIVE Mark Edward Grant to get new trial in abduction, murder of Candace Derksen video
- The Supreme Court of Canada has ordered a new trial for Mark Edward Grant in the 1984 abduction and murder of Winnipeg teen Candace Derksen.
- Manitoba government says Osborne House will remain open
- The battle between the province and a Winnipeg women's shelter has come to a head. Osborne House released a statement yesterday saying the province is terminating its service purchase agreement and it must vacate the property by April.
- Cold start in Manitoba but Thursday weather brings spring hope
- It's a cold wake up in Manitoba but it's going to get a whole lot better.
- Blog Jets end disappointing loss on high note video
- In a week where everything seemed to be going right for the Winnipeg Jets, Wednesday night provided a stark reminder of just how nasty the hockey gods can be.
- More young Manitobans setting sights on other provinces, stats show
- The number of people leaving Manitoba for other provinces is slowly climbing – and young people are leading the charge.