Oak Point, MB
Set Oak Point as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 02, 15 at 5:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 39
Feels like: 102
Sunrise: 6:47 AM
Sunset: 8:17 PM
S 2 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 02, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Sep 02, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind south 20 km/h. Low 19.
Mainly sunny. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 34. UV index 6 or high.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy overnight. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 20.
|Mainly sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Rain||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A heat warning is in effect for southern Manitoba and it’s not surprising. Temps across the south are over 30 degrees and the dew points are in the low 20s which represents a whole bunch of humidity. Humidex values are over 40. Expect the same for Thursday… even warmer. The instability numbers are “through the roof” for Thursday afternoon but it seems there is a lack of a trigger to get storms started. There is a front moving through the south but it looks like that will happen on Friday. I still have a slight risk for a storm on Thursday evening but there is a capping inversion in place so that will inhibit the formation of storms. Still… very hot and humid into Thursday evening. The change happens Friday with afternoon and evening rain along with embedded thunderstorms. Saturday will be a better day to be outside with a sun/cloud mix and occasional showers. Then Sunday is a “soaker” with periods of rain and winds getting gusty. Labour Day looks cloudy and windy with a cooler 18 degree high in the afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 30/50 the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the EVENING.
Saturday: N @ 20/30 in the morning. NNE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- MKO election: Sheila North Wilson elected as first female grand chief
- The new grand chief of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO) was revealed today at the annual general assembly, following two rounds of ballots.
- New 12 Manitoba eateries closed this summer for health code violations
- Manitoba Health has published its latest round of restaurant closures, listing a dozen closures this summer.
- Mom charged with murder after 2-month-old daughter dies in hospital video
- A second-degree murder charge has been laid against the mother of a two-month-old girl who died in a Winnipeg hospital earlier this year after the infant was admitted with extensive injuries.
- Manitobans shocked by unfixed vehicle safety recalls
- CBC news I-team investigates unfixed safety recalls in Manitoba.
- No decision in bail hearing of accused Winnipeg mail bomber Guido Amsel
- Guido Amsel, charged with three counts of attempted murder after bombs were sent through the mail in Winnipeg in July, is back in court to try getting bail.