Oak Point, MB
Set Oak Point as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 01, 14 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 8 (Very High)
Feels like: 28
Feels like: 82
Sunrise: 5:59 AM
Sunset: 9:18 PM
W 6 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 01, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Fri Aug 01, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. High 28. UV index 8 or very high.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness before morning then 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm before morning. Low 14.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the morning and early in the afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing in the evening. High 26.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
23° | 11°
73° | 52°
24° | 9°
75° | 48°
26° | 10°
79° | 50°
30° | 14°
86° | 57°
30° | 15°
86° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Temps across the south should be at around 28 or 29 this afternoon. Again, we could see temps in the 30s across the northwest section of the province. The sky over Winnipeg is a little hazy today due to smoke from fires in NWT. Otherwise, it’s a fairly sunny day with a few afternoon clouds. Winds stay fairly light as well. Friday… back up to 29 degrees. I have been watching the timing of a frontal system for Saturday and it now looks like the front will pass earlier in the day. I’m not talking about severe storms here but we certainly could see some showers or weak thunderstorms early in the morning with clearing by mid morning an then sunshine for the afternoon with a high of 26. I’ll continue to track the timing of that front. Behind that disturbance, the air will dry out a little (less humid) and temps will be a little cooler but close to seasonal. The rest of the long weekend looks fairly sunny with daytime highs in the mid 20s. That will also be the trend into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Family of man in Stella Avenue standoff angry with police
- The family of a man who died during an armed standoff with police this week is heartbroken by his death.
- Do you know her? Winnipeg police look for bank robbery suspect
- Winnipeg police have released images of a woman they believe robbed a downtown Winnipeg bank on Thursday.
- Winnipeg water bus business sunk by high river levels
- A wet spring that has kept Winnipeg's rivers swollen has now sunk the River Spirit water bus business.
- The 'father of sushi' rules kitchen at the Japanese Pavilion
- The Japanese Pavilion has lured one of the city's first and best sushi chefs to run its kitchen.
- Fire destroys garage in Winnipeg
- A garage fire in Winnipeg caused $18,000 in damage on Friday.