Set Baddeck as default location
Current ConditionsSat Mar 08, 14 at 6:00 PM AST
Sunrise: 6:30 AM
Sunset: 5:58 PM
NNW 6 km/h
Pressure: 100.1 kPa
A few rain showers or flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Sat Mar 08, 14 at 4:00 PM AST Sat Mar 08, 14 at 4:00 PM AST
A few rain showers or flurries ending this evening then partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries overnight. Periods of freezing rain along parts of the coast early this evening. Local snowfall amount 2 cm over the Highlands. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 this evening. Low minus 10.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High minus 8. UV index 3 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 16. Cold wind chill minus 26.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud|
-1° | -15°
30° | 5°
1° | -6°
34° | 21°
-5° | -10°
23° | 14°
-6° | -9°
21° | 16°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Community mourns death of Loretta Saunders
- The body of Loretta Saunders was laid to rest Saturday.
- Teen injured after 20-metre cliff fall in Glace Bay
- A teenage girl was taken to hospital with serious injuries after she fell down a 20-metre cliff in Glace Bay, N.S., Friday night and had to be rescued from the ice and water below.
- New Maritime Bus seeks time to make northern N.B. route work
- Maritime Bus has struggled to meet ridership goals for its pilot project in northern New Brunswick and is asking for more time to prove the new route is financially viable.
- Fans flocking to women's university hockey
- The popularity of women’s university hockey in New Brunswick has jumped in the wake of the 2014 Sochi Olympics, with record crowds showing up to watch teams play.
- Garbage truck knocks out power to 700 in North Sydney
- Nearly 700 Nova Scotia Power customers in North Sydney, N.S., are without power after garbage truck clipped an electrical wire and pulled down two utility poles Saturday morning.