Set Carman as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 07, 15 at 12:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:40 AM
Sunset: 7:00 PM
SSE 22 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 07, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Oct 07, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. Showers beginning early this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Amount 5 mm. Wind south 30 km/h. High 11.
Showers ending late this evening then partly cloudy. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming east 20 late this evening. Low 6.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light late in the afternoon. High 13.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Tuesday is a great day to get outside for a walk to enjoy the fall colours. We’ll have plenty of sunshine across the south as the clearing works its way from west to east. Even in the north, skies are clearing from west to east, although slowly. Thompson should see some sunshine later in the afternoon. Also in the north, Churchill will see some very strong winds out of the north today. Those winds are below warning levels but still gusting to 80km/h later in the day. By the time we wake up Wednesday the clouds will be thickening up here in the south as rain heads into the region for later in the day. I see the rain hitting the Red River Valley by supper time Wednesday. It looks like a few hours at least of fairly steady rain Wednesday evening. Thursday starts with cloud cover which will stick around here in the Red River Valley until at least mid afternoon. Once the clouds clear, we’ll enjoy a dry and warmer weather pattern as we approach the long weekend. I’m posting temps in the 20s for Saturday and Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- New Family of teen who hanged herself in jail cell sues Manitoba Child and Family Services
- The family of a troubled girl who was under the care of Child and Family Services when she hanged herself from a ceiling vent at the Brandon Correctional Centre is suing the province and Dakota Ojibway CFS.
- New Winnipeg police headquarters price tag may rise again
- Additional security measures for the new Winnipeg police headquarters may push the costs even higher for the massively over-budget building.
- Manitoba auto thieves using owners' keys to swipe vehicles, says MPI
- Manitoba Public Insurance is urging motorists to protect their keys to stem a new trend in vehicle thefts.
- Manitoba moms in rehab more likely to have newborns seized
- A study assessing a Manitoba government-run alcohol rehabilitation program suggests participants are more likely to have their babies taken from them at birth than those not seeking help.
- Winnipeg police make 1st major fentanyl-trafficking arrest
- Winnipeg police say they have made their first major arrest related to the sale of fentanyl, after two people were arrested and roughly 160 grams of the drug was seized yesterday.