Set Carman as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 23, 14 at 3:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 6:25 AM
Sunset: 8:36 PM
SSE 23 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 23, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Apr 23, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. Rain beginning this afternoon. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 13.
Rain. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low plus 4.
Rain changing to wet snow late in the evening. Rainfall amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light early in the afternoon. High 9.
|Rain||Periods of rain||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Sunny|
5° | 3°
41° | 37°
6° | -3°
43° | 27°
9° | -2°
48° | 28°
10° | 0°
50° | 32°
12° | -2°
54° | 28°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It was nice to see a little sunshine this morning here in the southeast. The leading edge of the rain is just hitting Brandon and Morden as of 12:30pm and moving northeasterly. I’m expecting the rain to reach Winnipeg late afternoon or early evening. The wind also picks up this afternoon and stays gusty all night. Most of the rain falls tonight into Thursday morning… then we’ll see a bit of everything on Thursday including the odd sunny break and some showers in the afternoon. I’m expecting 10-15mm of rain tonight (25-25 in the southwest) and depending on the strength of the showers Thursday afternoon, possibly another 10mm. We could even see a few wet snowflakes on Friday morning as the showers become scattered through the day. We’ll clear out Friday late in the afternoon or early evening and set up for a sunny, dry weekend with highs of 9 and 11 Saturday and Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SE @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 25/30 in the morning. SW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 20 in the morning. ESE @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: ESE @ 30/40 in the morning. SE @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Assiniboia Downs deal reached between province, jockey club
- A legal battle between the Manitoba Jockey Club and the provincial government is over, as a deal has been reached on the future of Assiniboia Downs.
- Brandon shifts into mosquito-battle mode
- Spring is barely upon us but Brandon is already preparing for mosquitoes.
- Manitobans speak out on Hydro projects, electricity costs
- Manitobans are weighing in today about proposed hydroelectric projects and the impacts of current and future electricity costs on their lives.
- Criminal charges coming after Winnipeg hockey fight
- Police say charges are pending against three people involved in an on-ice brawl at a hockey tournament in Winnipeg.
- El Nino forecast suggests next winter will be warm
- Good news: Next winter won't be nearly as cold and snowy as the one we just endured, climatologists predict.