Set Carman as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 30, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Feels like: -24
Feels like: -11
Sunrise: 8:07 AM
Sunset: 5:23 PM
SSE 24 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 30, 15 at 5:00 AM CST Fri Jan 30, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Light snow ending this morning then cloudy. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 5.
Overcast. Wind becoming north 20 km/h near midnight. Low minus 22. Wind chill minus 28.
Clearing in the morning. Wind north 30 km/h becoming light in the afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 23. Wind chill minus 36.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
-19° | -28°
-2° | -18°
-12° | -21°
10° | -6°
-16° | -19°
3° | -2°
-20° | -27°
-4° | -17°
-14° | -26°
7° | -15°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
After a bright and chilly Thursday, another quick turn around is in store with cloud rolling in overnight and a quick blast of light snow on Friday morning for the Red River Valley. It will move into the west earlier (overnight) dropping about 2-3cm. Behind that quick system, it’s back to the deep freeze for the weekend with falling temps on Saturday (-22 by the afternoon) and a rather eye-opening -28 by Sunday morning. At least it will be a sunny weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. WNW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- New Learn about your indigenous neighbours
- Marcy Markusa, host of CBC's Information Radio, will be joined by a special panel of experts who'll help us separate the facts from the fiction when it comes to indigenous peoples.
- Winnipeg puts New York, California to shame with New Music Festival
- As Winnipeg cools to -26 C Saturday night, some of the world’s hottest names in classical music will be warming up at the Centennial Concert Hall.
- Keep warm this weekend in Big Fun’s tiny venues video
- Stefan Braun calls his Big Fun festival a “little fledgling”– and you might be convinced after watching him help load chairs out of a venue and into a mini-van on a bone-chilling Thursday morning.
- Top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend (Jan. 30-31)
- This weekend is packed with festivals and once-a-year stuff that is so much fun.
- Compensation for businesses over boil water advisory not as clear as water
- Winnipeggers are back to drinking from the tap after a boil water advisory was lifted Thursday afternoon, but the question of whether local businesses will be compensated for the inconvenience is still uncertain.