Set Deerwood as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 13, 16 at 8:00 PM CST
Feels like: -24
Feels like: -11
Sunrise: 7:48 AM
Sunset: 5:48 PM
SSE 33 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 13, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Sat Feb 13, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy. Snow beginning early this evening. Local blowing snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature rising to minus 13 by morning. Wind chill minus 26 this evening.
Snow ending early in the afternoon then cloudy. Amount 2 cm. Wind south 30 km/h. High minus 6.
Cloudy. Becoming partly cloudy in the evening. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light in the evening. Wind becoming west 20 near midnight. Temperature steady near minus 7.
|Snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We’ll flirt with a -30 low on Friday night but Saturday, temps moderate slightly. However, the wind gets stronger on Saturday (see below). Afternoon temps on Saturday will be around -16 but the temperature will continue to rise into the evening. Cloud also moves over us here in the Red River Valley in the afternoon from west to east (earlier in the west) and brings a few cms of snow across the south Saturday night into Sunday. Sunday is a cloudy day and we really start to get milder (-6) along with more occasional light snow or flurries through the day. It’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on holiday Monday with a high close to seasonal at -7. Mid week brings another mini cold snap followed by another warm up and a cloudy second half of the week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 30/40 in the morning. S @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Calli Vanderaa, teen shot with stolen RCMP gun, sues police
- The Winnipeg teenager who was shot and seriously wounded with a stolen RCMP gun last fall is suing the RCMP.
- Valentine's Day: Why the digital age hasn't ended our love affair with card-giving
- Does a love note sound any less sweet if sent via text? Around Valentine’s Day, most people seem to think so. An estimated 40 million Valentine’s cards are exchanged in Canada each year, and the digital age doesn't seem to be slowing sales.
- Pedestrian sent to hospital after North End crash
- A man in his 40s is recovering after being hit by a vehicle while crossing the road in the North End of Winnipeg, police say.
- Pipeline projects need 'indigenous licence', says AFN National Chief
- What role should First Nations play in the development of energy projects? That's been one of the questions at the heart of this country's ongoing pipeline debate. We ask the National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations, Perry Bellegarde, if we're getting any closer to a solution.
- Pfizer recalls Advil liquid products for children and infants
- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare is recalling 124 lots of Advil liquid products for infants and children because there could be inconsistent doses of ibuprofen in the products if they have not been shaken as directed before use.