Set Deerwood as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 20, 17 at 3:00 PM CST
Sunrise: 8:20 AM
Sunset: 5:10 PM
SE 15 km/h
Periods of drizzle or rain
Chance of showers or drizzle
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 20, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Jan 20, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Periods of drizzle changing to a few showers this afternoon. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High plus 1.
A few showers ending this evening then cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Fog patches developing near midnight. Low zero.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Temperature steady near zero.
|Chance of showers or drizzle||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Low clouds, fog, drizzle… that’s your weather over the next 48 hours or so. There won’t be much change in temperature either. Even the overnight lows will stay within a degree of the freezing mark right through the rest of today and through the weekend.
If you feed on sunny days you’ll be very hungry going into next week. I don’t see even a chance for a sunny day until late next week. I’m expecting some showers or light rain here in the southeast this evening and that changes to wet snow overnight into Saturday as it moves north. A lot of that snow will melt on contact.
Both Saturday and Sunday give us a few scattered wet flurries or drizzle and, during the overnight and morning periods, fog is a strong possibility.
Next week, we gradually cool toward Thursday and Friday with daytime highs around -5 to -6, still well above the seasonal normal.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SE @ 15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. E @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: N @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Night hunting 'becoming a race war,' says Premier Brian Pallister audio
- Premier Brian Pallister is coming under fire for saying divisions between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people over night hunting are "becoming a race war."
- New Touching twine with bare hands a concern, DNA analyst at Candace Derksen retrial says
- Details regarding the intricacies of DNA collection became so complex at the Candace Derksen retrial on Friday that at times, the judge had difficulty following the explanations and asked Mark Grant's defence lawyer to slow down.
- New Manitoba wants $1.7M Port of Chuchill lawsuit dismissed
- Manitoba says a lawsuit launched against the province in December by a subsidiary of OmniTrax should be dismissed with costs in a statement of defence submitted Monday.
- Year-long delays in child apprehension hearings devastate Indigenous families, chiefs tell court
- The year-long wait for court hearings that parents can face after their children are seized by Child and Family Services is another way the justice system is failing First Nations, Manitoba chiefs argued in court Friday.
- Police ask for witnesses after woman hit by sidewalk snow-clearing machine
- Winnipeg police are asking for tips from anyone who saw a woman in her 60s get hit by a sidewalk snow-clearing machine near the Health Sciences Centre in December.