Set Whati as default location
Current ConditionsSat Dec 10, 16 at 12:00 PM MST
Feels like: -33
Feels like: -27
Sunrise: 10:15 AM
Sunset: 3:09 PM
WNW 13 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Sat Dec 10, 16 at 11:00 AM MST Sat Dec 10, 16 at 11:00 AM MST
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late this afternoon. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 39.
Clearing this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 39.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 27. Wind chill minus 38.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Ava Lizotte, 11, remembered as 'a ball of light' after death from blood infection
- On Wednesday night, Ava Lizotte mentioned a pain in her leg. And then, "in a matter of hours, from zero to 100... the impossible happened," says close family friend Sarah Erasmus.
- Profile 'This game is not over yet:' Arctic researcher has hope we can turn corner on climate change
- John England, who won a prestigious award this week for a lifetime of northern research on climate change, says he's still hopeful. 'There are these moments when we jump forward in a way we never anticipated.'
- Police warn public about N.W.T. man released from jail
- RCMP are warning the public, particularly people in Whati, N.W.T., about a man recently released from jail. They say 23-year-old Timothy Football poses a significant risk of harm to the public.
- Personal Essay Why I stayed in Iqaluit after moving there by accident
- How Rhose Harris-Galia became one of the first Filipino-Canadians to call the Nunavut capital home
- How do you describe a hockey game in Innu?
- The exercise of translating hockey terms was not easy, according to radio host Charlotte McKenzie.