Grand Rapids, MB
Set Grand Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsFri Apr 28, 17 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:09 AM
Sunset: 9:00 PM
ENE 6 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Fri Apr 28, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT Fri Apr 28, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. High 8. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Low minus 5.
Increasing cloudiness in the morning. High 7.
|Increasing cloudiness||Sunny||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m tracking a system that, believe it or not, has some snow associated with it to the east of the Red River Valley. I don’t think the flurries are in the cards for the Winnipeg area but certainly in the Whiteshell and Northwestern Ontario today.
Here in the valley, we’ve enjoyed a sunny morning but will see a little more cloud this afternoon and a very breezy a cool high of only 5 degrees.
To the west today, skies are bright and temps will be a little warmer, closer to 8 degrees.
We turn the corner toward the weekend as high pressure builds into the eastern prairies. We are still in a northerly flow on Friday so temps here in the southeast will still below the seasonal normal at about 9 or 10 degrees.
Saturday and Sunday, the winds turn southerly and that means temps will be in the mid teens with fairly light winds and sunny skies. Get ready for a much nicer weekend than last across southern Manitoba.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: N @ 40/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 10 in the morning. Light Wind the afternoon.
- Police car slammed into at Winnipeg intersection, officers sent to hospital video
- Two Winnipeg police officers were sent to hospital after their cruiser was slammed into by a car trying to outrun another cruiser.
- New Manitoba law aims to halt sex assaults at post-secondary schools
- New legislated requirements are now in effect in Manitoba aimed at raising the awareness and prevention of sexual violence involving students at the province's post-secondary schools.
- Parking authority plans to eliminate, scale back 31 Osborne Village loading zones
- The Winnipeg Parking Authority plans to eliminate some Osborne Village loading zones and scale back the hours on others in order to free up dozens of parking spaces in the relatively dense neighbourhood.
- New Burton Cummings Theatre to remain named after frontman of the Guess Who
- The lead singer of iconic Winnipeg rock band the Guess Who can breathe a sigh of relief after a decision was made to let the Burton Cummings Theatre keep its name.
- Slain Winnipeg Transit driver remembered at Day of Mourning ceremony
- This year's National Day of Mourning for workers who have been killed or injured on the job is hitting close to home for some Manitobans following the killing of Winnipeg Transit bus driver Irvine Jubal Fraser earlier this year.