Grand Rapids, MB
Set Grand Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 27, 14 at 2:00 PM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: 28
Feels like: 82
Sunrise: 6:38 AM
Sunset: 8:39 PM
SW 15 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 27, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Aug 27, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. High 24. UV index 6 or high.
Clearing. Low 14.
Sunny early in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers in the evening. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late in the evening. High 26.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||Rain||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
20° | 10°
68° | 50°
22° | 7°
72° | 45°
17° | 12°
63° | 54°
20° | 11°
68° | 52°
17° | 10°
63° | 50°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
High pressure has moved into southern Manitoba and moved that cloud out to the east. We’ll stay with sunny skies over the next couple of days as daytime highs climb back into the upper 20s by Thursday afternoon. The north is also fairly bright today, especially around Thompson but there is some cloud east of Norway house and another bank of cloud in the northeast around Churchill. I’ve been tracking a weak cold front that will move through the south late Thursday into Friday. Right now, it looks like that front will produce some overnight showers Thursday night and some early morning showers on Friday morning. Friday afternoon should be sunny but breezy and a little cooler at about 22 degrees. The normal seasonal high is 23 degrees. Expect sunshine Saturday but some showers Sunday with a risk of a thunderstorm.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: S @ 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Manitoba Hydro crews deal with gas leak in downtown Winnipeg video
- Manitoba Hydro crews remain at the scene of a gas leak in downtown Winnipeg, while gas service has been shut off for a number of buildings, including the MTS Centre and Hydro's own headquarters.
- Emil Bell on trek to press for national inquiry into missing, murdered aboriginal women
- A Cree elder in northern Saskatchewan is setting out on a 400-kilometre walk to press for a national inquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women.
- Premiers, aboriginal leaders call for ministers roundtable on aboriginal women inquiry video
- Canada's premiers and aboriginal leaders are calling for a national roundtable with federal ministers to discuss the issue of missing and murdered aboriginal women.
- Winnipeg mayoral hopeful Havixbeck promises more pipe-thawing machines
- Paula Havixbeck says if she's elected Winnipeg mayor this fall, she would make sure the city acquires more equipment and train more workers to thaw frozen pipes.
- Faron Hall wake draws crowd of Winnipeggers video
- A steady stream of friends and family remembered Faron Hall Tuesday night.