Grand Rapids, MB
Set Grand Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 30, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Feels like: -21
Feels like: -6
Sunrise: 8:25 AM
Sunset: 5:16 PM
SSW 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 30, 15 at 5:00 AM CST Fri Jan 30, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Light snow ending near noon then cloudy. High minus 12.
Clearing this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 40.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 25. Extreme wind chill minus 42.
-20° | -30°
-4° | -22°
-17° | -25°
1° | -13°
-18° | -26°
-0° | -15°
-22° | -31°
-8° | -24°
-15° | -27°
5° | -17°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
After a bright and chilly Thursday, another quick turn around is in store with cloud rolling in overnight and a quick blast of light snow on Friday morning for the Red River Valley. It will move into the west earlier (overnight) dropping about 2-3cm. Behind that quick system, it’s back to the deep freeze for the weekend with falling temps on Saturday (-22 by the afternoon) and a rather eye-opening -28 by Sunday morning. At least it will be a sunny weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. WNW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- New Winnipeg puts New York, California to shame with New Music Festival
- As Winnipeg cools to -26 C Saturday night, some of the world’s hottest names in classical music will be warming up at the Centennial Concert Hall.
- Keep warm this weekend in Big Fun’s tiny venues video
- Stefan Braun calls his Big Fun festival a “little fledgling”– and you might be convinced after watching him help load chairs out of a venue and into a mini-van on a bone-chilling Thursday morning.
- Top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend (Jan. 30-31)
- This weekend is packed with festivals and once-a-year stuff that is so much fun.
- Compensation for businesses over boil water advisory not as clear as water
- Winnipeggers are back to drinking from the tap after a boil water advisory was lifted Thursday afternoon, but the question of whether local businesses will be compensated for the inconvenience is still uncertain.
- Parents weigh in on proposed Winnipeg school swap
- The Winnipeg School Division held an emergency meeting Thursday night to talk about overcrowding at LaVerendrye School and proposed swap that would see students from two schools switch buildings.