Grand Rapids, MB
Set Grand Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 25, 14 at 5:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:43 AM
Sunset: 9:44 PM
ENE 5 km/h
Pressure: 100.4 kPa
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 25, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Jul 25, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clearing this evening. Low 14.
Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning early in the morning. Amount 10 to 20 mm. High 21.
Periods of rain ending early in the evening then clearing. Low 11.
|Periods of rain||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
24° | 11°
75° | 52°
27° | 12°
81° | 54°
31° | 16°
88° | 61°
29° | 16°
84° | 61°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As expected, a cloudy start to the day but the sun is shining and we should have no problem getting to 26 degrees today. There is a slight chance of a t-storm later this afternoon but that chance is very small. The instability numbers are NOT large at all. Saturday will be a cloudy day with showers on and off through the afternoon and evening. This is the wrap-around rain from that departing low. Sunday will be slightly cooler at 22 with a northerly breeze at 30km/h but it will also be sunny. Next week looks very stable. I have fairly sunny skies in my forecast each day with highs ranging from 25 on Monday to 29 on Thursday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: WSW @ 20 in the morning. W @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- New Lake Manitoba flood threat too much for some residents
- The flood fight is underway along Lake Manitoba, but some residents say the threat of more water — three years after the area was flooded — is too much for them to bear.
- Buffer zones bug Winnipeg residents bitten by mosquitoes video
- While some Winnipeggers are upset about the city's efforts to kill off mosquitos, one Winnipeg woman is upset her home is not getting fogged.
- Victim's family speaks at sentencing in drunk, high-speed crash video
- The family of a Winnipeg woman who was killed by a drunk driver last year was the first to read aloud their victim impact statement in front of television cameras during the driver's sentencing hearing on Friday afternoon.
- Flood compensation to flow to Manitoba First Nations fishermen
- The Manitoba government says it will offer compensation to First Nation fishermen who lost their docks or could not fish while the Lake St. Martin emergency flood channel was in use.
- Dog days of summer means puppy love at Winnipeg Humane Society
- The Winnipeg Humane Society said it's holding a sale Friday, after getting 32 dogs coming into care in the last week alone. That's on top of the 63 dogs and 24 puppies it already had.