Grand Rapids, MB
Set Grand Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 08, 13 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -24
Feels like: -11
Sunrise: 8:38 AM
Sunset: 4:20 PM
WNW 6 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Sun Dec 08, 13 at 11:00 AM CST Sun Dec 08, 13 at 11:00 AM CST
Periods of light snow ending near noon then clearing. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 21. Wind chill minus 36.
Clear. Low minus 27.
Sunny. High minus 22.
-22° | -28°
-8° | -18°
-21° | -30°
-6° | -22°
-20° | -30°
-4° | -22°
-23° | -34°
-9° | -29°
-24° | -34°
-11° | -29°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Any time we are colder (or warmer) than the normal daily high or low temp by 10 degrees, it’s significant. Our daytime highs will be at least 10 degrees colder than normal for the next week or so. A strong upper trough is digging south into the U.S. and is going to be very stubborn. We’ll have a good dose of sunshine though so, if you are dressed for the weather, it should be a great weekend for getting outside. Our first -30 (here in southern Manitoba) is in my forecast for Sunday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Video Jennifer Jones heading to Olympics in Sochi video
- Winnipeg's Jennifer Jones is going to the Olympics. Jones and her team beat Sherry Middaugh 8-4 at the Canadian Curling Trials at the MTS Centre.
- 2 people killed in head-on crash near Neepawa
- Two people are dead after a head-on crash on the Yellowhead Highway east of Neepawa, Saturday afternoon.
- Fire causes $500K in damage at metal manufacturer
- A large fire at Hi-Qual Manufacturing Structures Ltd. in Winnipeg's Transcona neighbourhood has caused an estimated $500,000 in damage.
- Prairie deep freeze means more wind chill warnings
- Most of the Prairies continues to be locked in a deep freeze, with a number of communities under wind chill warnings, including Regina and Winnipeg
- Curler Jennifer Jones will represent Canada at Sochi Olympics
- Jennifer Jones had a group hug with her teammates Saturday night after finally earning the right to represent Canada at the Olympics in Sochi, Russia next year with an 8-4 victory over Sherry Middaugh in the Canadian Curling Trials final in Winnipeg.