Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 31, 15 at 8:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 26
Feels like: 79
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 9:14 PM
WNW 9 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light early this evening. Low 13.
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h early in the afternoon. High 29. UV index 7 or high.
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in the evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Low 15.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday I was talking about the slight chance for a shower or stray T-Storm in the afternoon and those did show up. It was interesting to see how isolated the heavy downpours were. At 4:30, pouring downtown, but just south of Wpg…. sunshine! Today the active weather is to the east in cottage country. The radar is showing, once again, some scattered shower activity around Kenora, Dryden, Sioux Lookout and Fort Frances. We are in a consistent pattern with the Jet Stream running over Manitoba NW to SE in a line from Swan River through to the Kenora region. Under that jet, we are seeing afternoon scattered showers forming and, at times, thunderstorms. Expect the same scenario for Saturday afternoon in NW Ontario. There is also a slight chance for a stray showers around Wpg both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The farther west and south you are (Brandon) the less chance for a shower you have. Temps should in the mid 20s over the weekend for the Red River Valley and upper 20s for the SW corner of the province. Expect low 20s for NW Ontario. The first half of next week is slightly cooler across southern MB with highs in the low 20s.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Manitobans more likely to find unlicensed payday lenders online: study
- Manitobans looking for payday loans online are more likely to find unlicensed lenders than licensed lenders, according to a nationwide study released Friday by the Consumers Council of Canada.
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, WWE legend, dead at 61
- Canadian WWE legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper died from natural causes in his Hollywood home on Friday. He was 61.
- Stanley Cup sighting in Lester Beach thrills cottagers
- Two special visitors surprised cottagers and beach-goers in Lester Beach, Man., on Friday — Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Duncan Keith and none other than the Stanley Cup.
- Manitoba Hydro union 'shocked' at executive salary increases video
- The union that represent Manitoba Hydro workers says just as customer rates are on the rise, so too are salaries for the utility's executives.
- Siloam Mission to launch fund for Oanh Pham's family
- Winnipeg's Siloam Mission is launching a fund this weekend to help the family of Oanh Pham, who was killed when she was hit by a truck on Thursday.