Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 09, 16 at 10:00 AM CST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 8:15 AM
Sunset: 4:28 PM
W 24 km/h
Pressure: 103.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 09, 16 at 8:57 AM CST Fri Dec 09, 16 at 8:57 AM CST
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind west 20 km/h. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 29.
Clearing. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 35.
Mainly sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 20. Wind chill minus 34.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
The real cold arctic outbreak starts overnight into Friday. Temps are “tanking” all across the western prairies and that pattern is shifting to the east now. Friday will be sunny with lighter winds but the afternoon highs will be around -17 degrees. Expect mid minus 20s for lows on the weekend and highs around -18 degrees. The colder weather takes us right through next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 10/15 in the morning. W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 10 in the morning. NE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Doctor who once traded drugs for sex disciplined a third time by regulator
- Winnipeg doctor Randy Raymond Allan has been disciplined for a third time by Manitoba’s physician regulatory body and handed a six-month licence suspension for misleading investigators.
- Rainstorm that delayed police HQ completion wrought $8.3M worth of damages
- The 2014 rainstorm that critically impaired Winnipeg's new police headquarters caused $8.3 million worth of losses and damages, according court documents filed as part of a city lawsuit against its insurers.
- Manitoba Islamic Association concerned meat left on windshield was show of hate
- A Winnipeg Muslim man is concerned a slab of meat left his car might be a show of hatred, although he hopes that's not the case.
- Inquest confirmed in Winnipeg Remand Centre death of Errol Greene
- An inquest will be conducted into the death of a man at the Winnipeg Remand Centre, the office of Manitoba's chief medical examiner confirms.
- 4-year-old brings holiday cheer in the form of a snack to stuck snowplow operator
- A friendly four-year-old helped a Winnipeg snowplow driver make the best of a sticky situation on Wednesday when he got stuck in the snow for hours outside her house.