Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 09, 16 at 7:00 AM CST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Sunrise: 7:50 AM
Sunset: 5:35 PM
NNE 18 km/h
Pressure: 102.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Feb 09, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Tue Feb 09, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Wind north 20 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 21 this morning then rising. Wind chill minus 32.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 21. Wind chill minus 28.
Periods of snow ending near noon then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind southeast 20 km/h. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 29.
|Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect a mainly sunny Tuesday with an early morning temperature at -24 and an afternoon high only reaching -19 (10 degrees colder than normal). There is a band of snow moving through the southwest Tuesday night into Wednesday morning but it looks like it will track west of the Red River Valley. Winnipeg is right on the edge of that snow which moves south of the international border early Wednesday leaving behind a mix of sun and cloud. Thursday through Saturday are fairly sunny but cold. Temps will be several degrees below the seasonal normals.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- New Tots who wheeze more likely to develop asthma as teens, study suggests
- Results from a new 15-year-long study suggest kids who wheeze at an early age are more likely to develop asthma and other breathing problems as teens, a Winnipeg researcher says.
- Southern Manitoba drops back into the big chill video
- Daytime highs in southern Manitoba are plummeting below normal for the rest of this week.
- New New simulation tool lets users balance Winnipeg School Division's budget
- The Winnipeg School Division has launched an online budget simulation tool to raise awareness of how local education tax dollars are spent.
- Travellers wanted to transport medical supplies
- If you're headed somewhere warm that's less developed than Canada, why not bring an extra suitcase full of medical supplies? That's the idea behind Not Just Tourists - a volunteer run program with a Manitoba branch headed up by Tim Blazanovic.
- Consent is sexy: Brandon University students learn about consent culture this week
- Consent is sexy. That's the message organizers of a series of posters and events hope to share with students this week at Brandon University.