Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsThu Sep 18, 14 at 1:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 7:08 AM
Sunset: 7:37 PM
E 9 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 17, 14 at 9:40 PM CDT Wed Sep 17, 14 at 9:40 PM CDT
Clear. Low plus 3 with risk of frost.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness early in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 near noon. High 22. UV index 5 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the evening and overnight. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 17.
|Increasing cloudiness||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
21° | 10°
70° | 50°
22° | 10°
72° | 50°
21° | 5°
70° | 41°
23° | 6°
73° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday starts with sunshine but, as I’ve been saying through the week, you can expect increasing cloud through the afternoon and some rain overnight into Friday morning. It’s fairly unstable then too so nocturnal thunderstorms are also in the mix. Friday morning has a few showers but those should end before the outdoor ceremoniy at he CMHR which starts at 10:30am. Saturday is unstable in the afternoon and windy too with a chance for some thunderstorms.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. S @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Honey bee poisonings near Brandon under police investigation
- RCMP in southwestern Manitoba are trying to find out who poisoned thousands of honey bees near Brandon, Man., in recent weeks.
- Red River search for missing, murdered women wraps up 1st day video
- A grim search of the Red River for missing and murdered aboriginal women, along with any evidence in their cases, wrapped up its first day Wednesday in Winnipeg.
- Truck spills fuel onto Winnipeg roadway
- Winnipeg hazmat and fire crews are dealing with a fuel spill on Setter Street, near Sturgeon Road and Portage Avenue, on Wednesday evening.
- Crash in Winnipeg's Weston area sends 2 to hospital
- Two people were rushed to hospital following a multi-vehicle crash in Winnipeg's Weston neighbourhood on Wednesday afternoon.
- CN to be fined for failing to move enough grain
- Canadian National Railway will be fined for failing to comply with an order that it move a minimum amount of grain each week, a spokeswoman for federal Transport Minister Lisa Raitt said Wednesday in a move that caught the railway by surprise.