Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 7 (High)
Feels like: 29
Feels like: 84
Sunrise: 5:57 AM
Sunset: 9:13 PM
N 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. High 28. UV index 7 or high.
Partly cloudy. Becoming clear this evening. Low 14.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. High 29.
26° | 16°
79° | 61°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
26° | 12°
79° | 54°
29° | 15°
84° | 59°
30° | 15°
86° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Temps across the south should be at around 28 or 29 this afternoon. Again, we could see temps in the 30s across the northwest section of the province. The sky over Winnipeg is a little hazy today due to smoke from fires in NWT. Otherwise, it’s a fairly sunny day with a few afternoon clouds. Winds stay fairly light as well. Friday… back up to 29 degrees. I have been watching the timing of a frontal system for Saturday and it now looks like the front will pass earlier in the day. I’m not talking about severe storms here but we certainly could see some showers or weak thunderstorms early in the morning with clearing by mid morning an then sunshine for the afternoon with a high of 26. I’ll continue to track the timing of that front. Behind that disturbance, the air will dry out a little (less humid) and temps will be a little cooler but close to seasonal. The rest of the long weekend looks fairly sunny with daytime highs in the mid 20s. That will also be the trend into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg police remove body following 17-hour standoff video
- An armed standoff in Winnipeg that lasted nearly 17 hours has ended, after a man fired gunshots at officers while barricading himself inside a house, police say.
- Updated 'Mr. Big' stings get stricter rules from Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court of Canada has upheld a lower court ruling that ordered a new trial for a Newfoundland murder suspect. The justices ruled that so-called Mr. Big stings like the one that convicted Nelson Hart can be used but also pose major problems.
- 9.5 km Loop through urban Winnipeg launches for second year
- Tourists and Winnipeg residents alike are being invited to take a stroll en masse through a new 9.5 kilometre circuit through the city.
- Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame inducts Winnipeg's Héctor Vergara
- Winnipegger Héctor Vergara is being inducted into the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame.
- Hamilton Ticats RB Gable chases rare double CFL milestone
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats' dynamic running back C.J. Gable aims to become the first player in league history to register 1,000 yards rushing and receiving in the same campaign.