Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsThu May 26, 16 at 1:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:30 AM
Sunset: 9:22 PM
NE 5 km/h
Pressure: 100.4 kPa
Periods of drizzle mixed with rain
Chance of showers or drizzle
Summary(Celsius) Thu May 26, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu May 26, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT
Periods of drizzle or rain. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 18.
Periods of drizzle or rain ending late this evening then partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 12.
Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 21.
|Showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Checking the City of Winnipeg’s report on rainfall this morning and we did receive between 25 and 35mm of rain within city limits last evening. The average was about 28mm. There’s more on the way as the centre of the low is stalled near Winnipeg. We could see some thunderstorms this afternoon as well, especially if the sun breaks out. That will de-stabilize the atmosphere and get some of that warm, moist air rising. Friday seems to be a repeat performance with cloud in the morning and another round of showers and possible thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. The weekend looks unsettled with showers in my forecast for Saturday but, for now, I have backed off on the rainy forecast for Sunday. The timing of the rain on the weekend is still uncertain. In the north, a separate low near Churchill will move east through the day and bring chilly air in behind it. We could even see snow or freezing drizzle in Churchill late in the day.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 10 Wind in the morning. N @ 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 15/20 in the morning. N @ 20/25 Wind in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- 3rd Manitoban requests doctor-assisted suicide
- A Manitoba woman's request for the legal right to a doctor-assisted suicide will be heard in court on Monday.
- Supportive housing offsets need for care home beds: Manitoba study
- A "middle option" for seniors could alleviate some of the demand for personal care home beds as the population rapidly ages, a new study from the University of Manitoba suggests.
- Analysis Liberals in Winnipeg to celebrate party's dramatic return from the scrap heap
- The most remarkable thing about this weekend’s Liberal convention in Winnipeg might be the mere fact it is happening at all. Though it might seem like a strange and fleeting moment now, the Liberal party of Canada was, with the election returns of 2011, seen by some to be dead, or at least dying.
- First Nations need community-based boost to northern economy, Manitoba chief says
- How should government help fill gaps in Manitoba's northern economy? By hiring more First Nations people and businesses, Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak grand chief Sheila North Wilson says.
- Winnipegger celebrates rare 40th anniversary of kidney transplant
- Adrien Perras is one of the rare ones, but his example is hailed as a reason why organ donation is so important.