Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 07, 16 at 6:34 PM CST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Light Snow and Blowing Snow
Sunrise: 7:54 AM
Sunset: 5:32 PM
NNW 42 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 07, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Sun Feb 07, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Periods of snow ending this evening then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre early this evening. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 15. Wind chill minus 27.
Clearing in the morning. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 12. Wind chill minus 26 in the morning.
A few clouds. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Low minus 22. Wind chill minus 32.
|Clearing||Sunny||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m tracking a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Some Manitoba highways reopen after blizzard conditions on Sunday video
- Three Manitoba highways have reopened and three remain closed on Sunday. High winds and blowing snow forced the province to close several roadways due to poor visibility.
- Manitoba students meet to discuss sexual assault on campus
- Nearly 100 university students from across the province met in Winnipeg this weekend to discuss how universities can foster a culture of consent on campus and better assist victims of sexual assault.
- Winnipeg woman creates ice garden in her own front yard in Crescentwood
- While regular gardens are sleeping under the earth and snow, Pat Palanuk's is sparkling in the sun in Winnipeg's Crescentwood neighbourhood.
- CBC IN GARDEN HILL Manitoba First Nation complies with DNA sampling in Teresa Robinson murder case video
- The community of Garden Hill First Nation is co-operating with Manitoba RCMP for an unprecedented initiative to collect hundreds of DNA samples on the reserve as part of the murder investigation of 11-year-old Teresa Robinson.
- Woman killed in assault on Winnipeg's Stella Avenue
- A woman is dead following an assault in the 500 block of Stella Avenue in Winnipeg. Police say it happened around 5 a.m. on Saturday.