Fort Providence, NT
Set Fort Providence as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 12, 16 at 6:00 AM MST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 8:44 AM
Sunset: 5:25 PM
E 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 12, 16 at 5:00 AM MST Fri Feb 12, 16 at 5:00 AM MST
Mainly cloudy. High minus 10.
Cloudy. Temperature steady near minus 11.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 8.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New 2 out of 3 Yellowknifers say 'no' to Canada Winter Games bid
- Roughly two out of three people don't think Yellowknife should host the 2023 Canada Winter Games, according to the results of a City of Yellowknife survey released Thursday.
- Former Fort McPherson, N.W.T., finance director wanted by RCMP
- A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Ina Koe, the former Fort McPherson director of finance, after she failed to appear in court on charges of fraud against the hamlet.
- Nunavut still has highest infant mortality rate in Canada
- Newly released birth data shows the average mother in Nunavut in 2012 was about 25 years old at the time of her delivery — and the territory's infant mortality rate remains the highest in Canada.
- N.W.T. health superboard launch delayed until August
- The rolling of six of the eight regional health authorities into one territorial board was supposed to take effect April 1. The N.W.T. government is delaying its launch by a few months.
- Agnico Eagle Mines delays Nunavut's Meliadine gold mine start to 2020
- Agnico Eagle Mines is looking to begin construction on a 50-km road to the Amaruq project near Baker Lake, while delaying the start-up of the Meliadine mine near Rankin Inlet.