Fort Providence, NT
Set Fort Providence as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 3:00 PM MST
Feels like: -26
Feels like: -15
Sunrise: 9:21 AM
Sunset: 4:47 PM
WNW 2 km/h
Pressure: 103.4 kPa
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM MST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM MST
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of light snow this evening. Clearing near midnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 35. Wind chill minus 38.
Mainly sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 41 in the afternoon.
A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34. Wind chill minus 40.
-18° | -25°
-0° | -13°
-20° | -26°
-4° | -15°
-24° | -32°
-11° | -26°
-22° | -30°
-8° | -22°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Thieves steal ATV, snowmobile from Yukon trapline camp audio
- Thieves made off with items including an ATV, a snowmobile and a woodstove when a log home on the Alaska Highway was broken into in mid-January.
- Arctic Winter Games officials visit Inuvik, South Slave
- The Arctic Winter Games International Committee was in Inuvik, N.W.T., Wednesday and is in the South Slave today, evaluating the communities' bids for the 2018 games.
- 24-year-old man charged in Hay River mugging
- Shane Beck has been charged with robbery and breach of court conditions in connection with the Jan. 18 incident.
- Three Northern principals selected as Canada's best
- Three northerners are among 40 top principals from across the country, according to The Learning Partnership, a Toronto-based charity.
- Yukon francophone school board meets with new Education minister
- Both sides downplayed the issue of admissions currently being considered by the Supreme Court and said building a new French school was a top priority, as Education Minister Doug Graham met with the territory's French school board for the first time.