Fort Providence, NT
Set Fort Providence as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 10:00 AM MDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:19 AM
Sunset: 10:35 PM
NNW 11 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers late this morning and early this afternoon. Local smoke. High 14. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clearing this evening. Local smoke. Low plus 5.
Sunny. Local smoke. High 23.
26° | 9°
79° | 48°
25° | 11°
77° | 52°
28° | 12°
82° | 54°
27° | 12°
81° | 54°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Highway 3 residents asked to evacuate to Yellowknife
- The Government of the Northwest Territories is asking people living along Highway 3 between Yellowknife and kilometre 300 (just past Boundary Creek) to voluntarily evacuate to Yellowknife.
- Photos Fire in the sky: 'Apocalypse' thunderstorm rolls into Yellowknife
- Smoke followed by thunderclouds brought nightfall early to Yellowknife Wednesday. People took to social media to post photos of the skies described as everything from "eerie" to "the apocalypse."
- Canadian North plane makes emergency landing in Taloyoak
- A Canadian North Dash-8 aircraft travelling to Taloyoak, Nunavut, from Kugaaruk on Monday had to declare an emergency when one of its two engines failed.
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias fined $1K for refusing breathalyzer
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias was fined $1,000 Wednesday and banned from driving for a year for refusing to provide a breathalyzer sample to police.
- Avalon's exploration camp converted to base for fire crews
- This week, Avalon's Nechalacho exploration site is more than a mining operation. It's also a fire base camp to fight a nearby forest fire.