Grise Fiord, NU
Set Grise Fiord as default location
Current ConditionsMon Sep 01, 14 at 3:00 AM EDT
Sunrise: 4:44 AM
Sunset: 10:19 PM
NE 30 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Mon Sep 01, 14 at 1:33 AM EDT Mon Sep 01, 14 at 1:33 AM EDT
A few clouds. Wind light except north 50 km/h gusting to 70 at times. Low plus 1.
Mainly sunny. Wind light except north 50 km/h gusting to 70 at times in the morning. High plus 4.
A few clouds. Low plus 1.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
3° | 1°
37° | 34°
3° | 0°
37° | 32°
-1° | -3°
30° | 27°
-1° | -3°
30° | 27°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- 100s of Iqaluit residents come out for fresh produce
- A large crowd gathered in Iqaluit Saturday for a rare chance to buy fresh and affordable fruits and vegetables. The public market was a pilot project by a group of citizens that hope to continue doing it.
- Joining the military jarring for some aboriginals: report
- The move from small and isolated communities to larger urban centres can be quite jarring for aboriginals who join the Canadian Armed Forces, says a newly released document.
- Health Canada pulling last of citronella-based bug sprays video
- Health Canada is pulling the last citronella-based bug sprays off the shelves by December because of “the absence of adequate safety data.” The move has left scientists who advised Health Canada on the issue, befuddled by the phase-out. So are many consumers who prefer natural bug sprays.
- N.W.T.’s Bluenose-East, Bathurst caribou in ‘alarming’ decline
- A June survey of the Northwest Territories’ barren ground caribou calving grounds suggest both the Bluenose-East and the Bathurst caribou herds ‘are declining at an alarming rate.’
- Yellowknife jury convicts Nunavut man of sexual assault
- Forty-one year old Noel Avadluk was found guilty of sexual assault, but not guilty of attempting to suffocate his victim. A date for sentencing has not been set yet.