Set Esther as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 08, 13 at 6:00 AM MST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 8:14 AM
Sunset: 4:12 PM
NW 17 km/h
Pressure: 102.1 kPa
A few flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Dec 08, 13 at 5:00 AM MST Sun Dec 08, 13 at 5:00 AM MST
A few flurries ending this morning then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 16 with temperature falling to minus 24 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 36.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Local blowing snow before morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 after midnight then northwest 40 gusting to 60. Temperature rising to minus 13 by morning.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local blowing snow in the morning. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming west 20 gusting to 40 late in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 12. Wind chill minus 26.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Cloudy||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
-20° | -21°
-4° | -6°
-8° | -30°
18° | -22°
-13° | -13°
9° | 9°
-25° | -25°
-13° | -13°
-20° | -26°
-4° | -15°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Taylor Elliott's family starts website to help with search
- The family of a missing Pincher Creek man has started a website and Facebook page to help raise awareness and assist with the search.
- Extreme wind chill warning ends for Calgary
- Environment Canada says the wind chill warning has ended for several regions in southern Alberta, although temperatures remain frigid.
- CP Rail Holiday Train to roll into Calgary
- The annual CP Holiday Train will pull into Calgary for a free - by donation - concert hosted by Peter Mansbridge, with special guests Mayor Nenshi and W. Brett Wilson.
- Recap Flames overcome Oilers' late push video
- Jiri Hudler scored 3:14 into overtime as the Calgary Flames avoided joining Edmonton in the Western Conference basement, defeating the Oilers 2-1 on Saturday.
- Poll Hey hosers - what do you call that cap on your head?
- As frigid temperatures continue across the prairies, members of the CBC Edmonton newsroom are debating the correct spelling of the wooly cap we Canadians wear on our heads.