Set Gretna as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 8:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 28
Feels like: 82
Sunrise: 6:01 AM
Sunset: 9:12 PM
N 7 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Partly cloudy. Clearing this evening. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Low 13.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. High 29. UV index 7 or high.
Increasing cloudiness. Low 15.
25° | 13°
77° | 55°
27° | 12°
81° | 54°
29° | 14°
84° | 57°
30° | 14°
86° | 57°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Temps across the south should be at around 28 or 29 this afternoon. Again, we could see temps in the 30s across the northwest section of the province. The sky over Winnipeg is a little hazy today due to smoke from fires in NWT. Otherwise, it’s a fairly sunny day with a few afternoon clouds. Winds stay fairly light as well. Friday… back up to 29 degrees. I have been watching the timing of a frontal system for Saturday and it now looks like the front will pass earlier in the day. I’m not talking about severe storms here but we certainly could see some showers or weak thunderstorms early in the morning with clearing by mid morning an then sunshine for the afternoon with a high of 26. I’ll continue to track the timing of that front. Behind that disturbance, the air will dry out a little (less humid) and temps will be a little cooler but close to seasonal. The rest of the long weekend looks fairly sunny with daytime highs in the mid 20s. That will also be the trend into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Temporary foreign worker agency Actyl Group sues McDonald's Canada video
- Actyl Group Inc., a company that recruits temporary foreign workers on behalf of Canadian employers, has filed a lawsuit against McDonald's Canada alleging breach of contract and defamation of character. McDonald's use of workers supplied by the agency was the subject of CBC News stories earlier this year.
- Winnipeg’s Kilcona Park set to get $25M makeover video
- The City of Winnipeg has plans to give Kilcona Park a makeover – and it looks like the price tag for the changes won’t be cheap.
- Man found dead in Stella Avenue standoff was in dispute over house video
- Winnipeg police confirmed the identity of a man who died following a 17-hour standoff that ended early Thursday morning as Andrew Baryluk, who had been embroiled in a family dispute over the house where the standoff took place.
- Drift trikes custom built by Winnipeg man turn heads video
- What started as custom rides for a Winnipeg man's kids and their friends have turned into a business that's bringing a new trend — drift trikes — to the city.
- Driver gets 54 months in prison for killing woman in car crash
- Adam Langan, the 30-year-old driver who killed an elderly woman in Winnipeg in a car crash, has been sentenced to 54 months in federal prison.