Set Gretna as default location
Current ConditionsFri May 22, 15 at 6:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:40 AM
Sunset: 9:14 PM
SSW 22 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Fri May 22, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri May 22, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few clouds. Low 8.
Mainly sunny. High 27. UV index 7 or high.
Clear. Low 11.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Last week on Friday I delivered a forecast that included snow on Sunday into Monday in southern Manitoba. We all know what happened. Well, today is a different story. How does mid 20s, lots of sunshine and fairly light winds sound for this weekend? This time around, the rain happens after the weekend. Isn’t it supposed to work that way? Yes…. I’m talking to you Mother Nature!!! A low pressure centre will track through North Dakota on Sunday night and spread some showers through southern Manitoba on Monday and Tuesday. Right now, it looks like the rain could be into the upper Red River Valley by lunchtime Monday and last through the evening and overnight into the first half of Tuesday. Behind that system, daytime highs will stay close to seasonal but slightly cooler by the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 the morning. E @ 10 the afternoon.
Monday: Light Wind in the morning. E @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg doctor disciplined for sending patients to ER video
- In a rare move, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM) has disciplined a doctor for sending patients to the emergency room without examining them himself - a practice the CPSM says can contribute to long waits in the ER.
- MMIW Simone Sanderson's family plans vigil for 23-year-old killed in North End video
- More than two years have passed since 23-year-old Simone Sanderson was killed, and still her family is waiting for answers about what happened to her.
- Manitoba works to ban conversion therapy for LGBT youth video
- On Friday, Health Minister Sharon Blady announced measures to stop the practise of trying to medically “convert” someone’s sexual orientation from gay to straight.
- Girl, 17, missing from Winnipeg's Tyndall Park area
- A 17-year-old girl is missing from Winnipeg's Tyndall Park area and police are asking for the public's help.
- Woman, 25, missing from Winnipeg's North End
- A 25-year-old woman has gone missing from Winnipeg's North End and police are concerned for her safety.