Set Gretna as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 09, 16 at 12:00 PM CST
Feels like: -24
Feels like: -11
Sunrise: 7:50 AM
Sunset: 5:39 PM
NNE 22 km/h
Pressure: 103.0 kPa
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Feb 09, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Feb 09, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 27.
Increasing cloudiness. Periods of snow beginning after midnight. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 27.
Periods of snow ending in the morning then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Clearing late in the afternoon. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the afternoon. High minus 13. Wind chill minus 27.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We still have some drifting snow in open areas across the south today. Winds will start to drop off this evening but the temperature will also drop. Expect a mainly sunny Tuesday with an early morning temperature at -24 and an afternoon high only reaching -19 (10 degrees colder than normal). There is a band of snow moving through the southwest Tuesday night into Wednesday morning but it looks like it will track west of the Red River Valley. Winnipeg is right on the edge of that snow which moves south of the international border early Wednesday leaving behind a mix of sun and cloud. Thursday through Saturday are fairly sunny but cold. Temps will be several degrees below the seasonal normals.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: NW @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Good Samaritan concerned about CAA Manitoba policy requiring driver be with car
- A Winnipeg woman says she's concerned after a CAA Manitoba dispatcher told her that an elderly man he had to be with his stranded car when a tow truck arrived, when he'd been offered a ride to wait somewhere warm instead.
- Joy Smith Foundation launches PSA to fight sex trafficking
- A new campaign by former Winnipeg MP Joy Smith aims to raise awareness of sex trafficking in Canada.
- Winnipeg's residential parking ban kicks in Wednesday morning
- The snow plows are coming, which means a lot of Winnipeggers will need to find a new place to park.
- New simulation tool lets users balance Winnipeg School Division's budget
- The Winnipeg School Division has launched an online budget simulation tool to raise awareness of how local education tax dollars are spent.
- Tots who wheeze more likely to develop asthma as teens, study suggests
- Results from a new 15-year-long study suggest kids who wheeze at an early age are more likely to develop asthma and other breathing problems as teens, a Winnipeg researcher says.