Set Gretna as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 19, 17 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 8:16 AM
Sunset: 5:06 PM
SSE 24 km/h
Pressure: 100.1 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 19, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Thu Jan 19, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Mainly sunny. High plus 3.
A few clouds. Wind becoming south 20 km/h near midnight. Low minus 4.
Increasing cloudiness in the morning. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light in the afternoon. High zero.
|Increasing cloudiness||Chance of showers||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Cloudy||Cloudy||Cloudy|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
If you have a chance to get outside today - DO IT! We are heading into a prolonged cloudy period here in the south.
Temps remain mild through most of that period although we do cool off a bit through the later part of next week.
You can expect more temperature records to fall today. The north is also seeing record highs in many location. It even rained overnight in Thompson but the temperature when it was raining was above zero. Good thing!
Here in the Red River Valley, the cloud rolls in this evening and Friday will be overcast but still mild at +1. I’m expecting some showers here in the southeast Friday evening and that changes to wet snow overnight into Saturday. A lot of that snow will melt on contact.
Both days on the weekend will be cloudy with a few flurries mixed with an occasional shower and the temperature will be consistently between -1 and +1 all weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 15 in the morning. E @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday:Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- New Letters sent to radio host written by another suspect, defence argues at Candace Derksen retrial
- The twine Candace Derksen’s body was bound with was tied with six unsophisticated knots and wrapped 10 times around the teen’s wrists and ankles, according to testimony from a knot expert at Day 4 of Mark Grant's retrial for Candace's killing.
- Updated Safety rep suspended after animal cruelty allegations on A Dog's Purpose film set
- A national animal welfare group filed a complaint with Manitoba authorities after a video surfaced online showing a dog being forced into churning water during the production of the soon-to-be released film A Dog's Purpose. An animal safety worker has also been suspended.
- Manitoba premier blames Saskatchewan for flood woes
- An extremely snowy winter is raising flooding fears on the Prairies as well as tension between Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Tories scrap NDP plan to combine health cards with drivers' licences
- Manitoba's plan to combine health cards with drivers' licences is on hold until the province figures out how to deal with the costs as well as the privacy implications of packing a multitude of personal information onto a single piece of plastic.
- Thompson rescues 2018 Manitoba Winter Games as Games save Thompson
- The city of Thompson has stepped in to save the 2018 Manitoba Winter Games — or is the other way around?