Set Gretna as default location
Current ConditionsWed Dec 11, 13 at 3:00 AM CST
Feels like: -39
Feels like: -38
Sunrise: 8:14 AM
Sunset: 4:33 PM
W 15 km/h
Pressure: 103.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Dec 10, 13 at 8:02 PM CST Tue Dec 10, 13 at 8:02 PM CST
Clear. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 30. Extreme wind chill minus 41.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 21. Extreme wind chill minus 41.
Clear. Low minus 25.
|Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
-22° | -25°
-8° | -13°
-23° | -27°
-9° | -17°
-24° | -32°
-11° | -26°
-8° | -25°
18° | -13°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We clear out overnight into Wednesday - therefore - a good shot at a -30 low. Wind chills will be close to warning criteria on Wednesday morning. The cold weather sticks around for the rest of the week and through the weekend. Daytime highs will be in the -20s through Sunday with some moderation early next week.The next best chance for a couple of centimetres of snow?...... late Friday and Saturday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 20/25 in the morning. N @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Recap Steen, Shattenkirk fuel Blues' win over Jets video
- Kevin Shattenkirk slammed a power-play goal through traffic Tuesday that was deflected into the Winnipeg Jets net to give the St. Louis Blues a 2-1 win.
- Coyote shot by police in Winnipeg's North End video
- Winnipeg police have killed a coyote that was running around in the city's North End on Tuesday afternoon.
- Idle No More still alive in Manitoba, one year later video
- One year after Idle No More began, aboriginal activists and leaders in Manitoba say they — and the movement itself — are not going anywhere.
- iPad baby seat raises questions about infants and tech video
- A new baby seat that comes with an iPad mount has some parents and experts worried that children are being introduced to technology too early.
- Video Winnipeg's deep freeze drags on video
- The CBC's Meagan Fiddler asks Winnipeggers of all ages how they're dealing with another day of temperatures well below -20 C.