Set Gretna as default location
Current ConditionsSun Apr 20, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:30 AM
Sunset: 8:29 PM
NE 8 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Sun Apr 20, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Sun Apr 20, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 16. UV index 5 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. A few showers beginning early this evening and ending after midnight then 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming west 20 late this evening then light before morning. Low plus 2.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. Clearing in the afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning then light late in the evening. High 11.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Rain||Chance of showers||Sunny|
13° | -2°
55° | 28°
12° | 1°
54° | 34°
5° | 1°
41° | 34°
9° | 0°
48° | 32°
11° | -3°
52° | 27°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m watching a couple of disturbances over the long weekend that appear to hit us in the south in the later hours of Friday and again on Sunday. The first one arrives late Friday night into Saturday morning. It will bring wet snow mixed with rain overnight into the morning hours on Saturday…. then taper to showers through the day. We may even see some clearing in the late afternoon. Easter Sunday starts as a bright day, but again, cloud rolls in through the evening and another batch of rain moves through. It looks like the precip with this one will stay in the liquid form. We’ll clear up Monday afternoon. Temps Sunday through Tuesday…. not as warm as I originally thought but still right around seasonal.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. SE @ 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- New 17-year-old boy killed in North End Winnipeg homicide
- Winnipeg police are investigating the death of a 17-year-old boy in the city's North End, in an incident that also sent an 18-year-old to hospital in critical condition.
- Lots of water, but no flooding for Manitoba so far video
- Manitoba's flood forecasters said Saturday the province didn't get as much rain and snow as the forecast had called for, and that's translating into mostly good news.
- Great One to speak to Winnipeg's business community
- Wayne Gretzky will speak at a Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce luncheon on May 20.
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video video
- Air Canada is apologizing after a video purporting to show a baggage handler dropping luggage from roughly six metres off the ground hit social media.
- Blustery, cloudy Saturday, but temps on the way up Sunday
- Saturday to be grey and windy, but Sunday is expected to be the warmest Winnipeg has been so far this year.