Set Altona as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 30, 14 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 7 (High)
Feels like: 27
Feels like: 81
Sunrise: 6:00 AM
Sunset: 9:14 PM
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 30, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Jul 30, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. High 28. UV index 7 or high.
Clear. Low 13.
Sunny. High 28.
|Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
27° | 13°
81° | 55°
29° | 11°
84° | 52°
26° | 13°
79° | 55°
27° | 14°
81° | 57°
28° | 15°
82° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Not much change in the pattern. Sunny today with a high of at least 28. Thursday looks hot at 29 and Friday will be similar. I have been talking about showers Saturday night but I have dropped those from the forecast for now. Most of the model guidance isn’t leaning in that direction. However, I’ll be watching a few things as Saturday approaches. Dewpoints will be higher so it will be a humid day. The temperature will be up around 29 degrees so there will be lots of warmth at the surface wanting to rise. I see a wind shift in the afternoon which may indicate a front passing. That may be the trigger to get some late day storms started. I’ll continue to track how that plays out closer to the weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- New Woman charged in Arthur Haussermann death in Winnipeg
- A 29-year-old woman is charged with second-degree murder in connection to the death of Arthur Haussermann.
- New ‘Low mosquito activity’ leads Winnipeg to cancel fogging
- The City of Winnipeg is cancelling nuisance mosquito fogging for the third day in a row Wednesday, this time as a result of low mosquito numbers.
- $1M in photo radar tickets in Winnipeg refunded due to error
- Winnipeg police are refunding more than 2,500 photo radar tickets issued between June 27 and July 1 because of an error in wording.
- 5 Seconds of Summer coming to Winnipeg in 2015
- Australian boy band 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS) is bringing 30 shows of music to North America, stopping in Winnipeg along the way.
- Manitoba to name August long weekend as Terry Fox Day
- Manitoba Premier Greg Selinger wants to change the name to the August long weekend to Terry Fox Day.