Set Altona as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 19, 14 at 8:00 PM CST
Feels like: -6
Feels like: 21
Sunrise: 8:21 AM
Sunset: 4:34 PM
SSE 6 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 19, 14 at 6:08 PM CST Fri Dec 19, 14 at 6:08 PM CST
Overcast. Fog developing late this evening. Low minus 6.
Fog dissipating in the morning then cloudy. Risk of freezing drizzle. High minus 3.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of light snow late in the evening and overnight. Risk of freezing drizzle early in the evening. Low minus 7.
|Overcast||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
-1° | -3°
30° | 27°
-4° | -6°
25° | 21°
-10° | -10°
14° | 14°
-13° | -15°
9° | 5°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
After a few sunny days, our weather pattern has shifted to low cloud, fog and drizzle… some of that freezing to roads and sidewalks. A Freezing Drizzle Advisory is in effect for the entire Red River Valley through into Friday evening. We’ll see little change Friday night and a generally cloudy weather pattern for the weekend and beyond toward Christmas day. The pattern also includes occasional flurries, especially Saturday evening into Sunday and light snow on Monday. No big accumulations but roads could be tricky for travelling at times as we approach Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Temperatures will also be mild for this time of year with -2s on my forecast sheet for Sunday and Monday, then a cooling trend on Christmas Day.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20/25 in the morning. SSE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NE @ 10/15 in the morning. N @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Grant for Winnipeg Sun internship axed by Mayor Brian Bowman
- Winnipeg Mayor Brian Bowman has scrapped a deal by his predecessor, Sam Katz, to fund an aboriginal reporting internship at a local newspaper.
- Blog Diabolical or not, Manitoba leadership race stage takes shape
- "Rebellious NDP MLA Theresa Oswald" is now "Leadership Contender Theresa Oswald."
- CFL player with Manitoba roots visits North End high school
- A pro football player is back in Winnipeg for the first time in 15 years. Tchissakid (T-Dre) Player is using his unique past to relate to students in the North End.
- Winnipeg vigil underway for victims of attack on Pakistan school
- At least 100 people are expected to gather at the University of Manitoba Friday evening for a candlelight vigil for the 132 children killed in Peshawar, Pakistan this week.
- CBC's Mitch Peacock and Jeff Hamilton set up tonight's Jets vs Bruins game video
- CBC's Mitch Peacock and Jeff Hamilton of cbc.ca/manitoba set up tonight's Jets vs Bruins game.