Set Altona as default location
Current ConditionsFri Mar 07, 14 at 5:00 PM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 6:22 PM
NNW 20 km/h
Pressure: 102.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 07, 14 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Mar 07, 14 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Low minus 23.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud near noon. High minus 5. UV index 3 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Temperature steady near minus 4.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
3° | -6°
37° | 21°
-7° | -10°
19° | 14°
-1° | -10°
30° | 14°
4° | -7°
39° | 19°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here’s a look at the snowfall amounts from Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning.
|Snowfall amounts since March 5|
|Stony Mountain||14 cm|
|Portage la Prairie||9 cm|
|SOURCE: Environment Canada|
You can see that the totals are higher to the north. Winnipeg’s total is about 3cms higher than I thought it would be. That’s due to the track of the third round of snow last night. Cooler weather is here behind the system. Today’s temp will stay close to -11. Saturday looks like the day to get outside this weekend if you want some sun and manageable temps. We’ll see a high up around -7. Sunday is milder at zero but will be cloudy. Monday brings some snow but it will be the sloppy variety because of a high of zero once again. Tuesday is the cool day next week… then we start to get milder again before next weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. W @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: N @ 10/15 in the morning. N @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg's frozen water pipe list hits new high
- A Winnipeg city councillor is urging Mayor Sam Katz to call an emergency meeting to discuss the city's frozen water pipes problem, as the number of homes and businesses without water grows to 778 on Friday.
- Dog owner loses fight over Winnipeg's pitbull ban
- A Winnipeg man who had challenged the city's pitbull ban lost his fight in court Friday. Steve Gagnon owns a Staffordshire Terrier - one of several pitbull-like breeds banned in Winnipeg.
- Manitoba MP says no call for inquiry is a 'slap in the face' video
- Manitoba NDP MP Niki Ashton said a report from MPs on violence against indigenous women tabled Friday is a slap in the face to the families of missing and murdered indigenous women.
- Don’t put STARS back in air, victim’s father urges video
- The father of a woman who died on a Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society air ambulance flight says the Manitoba government is making a mistake by putting the suspended air ambulance service back in the air.
- New Marcy Markusa: The Mommy Myth and what it means
- CBC Information Radio host Marcy Markusa reflects on the weeklong series The Mommy Myth, asks who is perpetuating that myth, and looks at what listeners are telling her about their experiences.