Set Altona as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 12, 16 at 6:00 PM CST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 5:44 PM
NNW 8 km/h
Pressure: 104.2 kPa
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 12, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Feb 12, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 32 this evening and minus 40 overnight.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon then periods of snow. Local blowing snow in the afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 near noon. High minus 16. Extreme wind chill minus 40.
Periods of snow. Local blowing snow in the evening. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature rising to minus 13 by morning. Wind chill minus 27.
|Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Today is the coldest day we’ve seen in a while across the south. Wind chill values are in the 10-15min range for frostbite on exposed skin. The good news is… this cold snap doesn’t last long. Expect temps no better than -20 all across the south, even colder across the north today. We’ll flirt with a -30 low tonight but Saturday, temp moderate slightly. However, the wind gets stronger on Saturday (see below). Afternoon temps on Saturday will be around -16 but the temperature will continue to rise into the evening. Cloud also moves over us here in the Red River Valley in the afternoon from west to east (earlier in the west) and brings a few cms of snow across the south Saturday night into Sunday. Sunday is a cloudy day and we really start to get milder (-6) along with more occasional light snow or flurries through the day. It’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on holiday Monday with a high close to seasonal at -7. Mid week brings another mini cold snap followed by another warm up and a cloudy second half of the week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 30/40 in the morning. S @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- New Scam targets Winnipeg taxpayers, say police
- Winnipeg police are warning residents to be wary of a telephone tax scam this tax season.
- Kael McKenzie sworn in as 1st transgender judge in Canadian history
- Canada’s first transgender judge was sworn in today in Winnipeg.
- Woman develops potentially life-threatening infection after pedicure in Winnipeg spa video
- A Winnipeg woman who developed a life-threatening infection after a pedicure wants Manitoba to toughen up its regulation of spas and salons.
- Waverley underpass process 'stinks,' says councillor at special meeting for $155M project
- Winnipeg city officials heard questions and concerns about the $155-million Waverley Street underpass on Friday afternoon, with at least one concerned citizen criticizing how the project has been planned and whether it's worth building at all.
- Winnipeg elder receives prestigious Indspire award video
- Elder Mae Louise Campbell is one of two recipients receiving an Indspire award for culture, heritage and spirituality. But the road to discovering her identity and spirituality wasn’t easy.