Set Pukatawagan as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 29, 14 at 3:00 PM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:44 AM
Sunset: 8:48 PM
NW 13 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 29, 14 at 11:56 AM CDT Fri Aug 29, 14 at 11:56 AM CDT
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High 14. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 6.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon then rain. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the evening. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h early in the afternoon then increasing to 40 gusting to 60 late in the evening. High 17.
|Rain||Chance of showers||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Cloudy||Chance of showers|
16° | 9°
61° | 48°
18° | 8°
64° | 46°
15° | 8°
59° | 46°
14° | 5°
57° | 41°
15° | 4°
59° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Severe T-Storm WARNINGS are in effect through SE MB as of noon as a line of strong storms works it’s way east this afternoon. The main threats with these storms are lightning, toonie sized hail, strong winds and heavy rain that could top the 50mm mark in a very short time. Take cover from these storms this afternoon. As of 1pm, in Winnipeg, there’s another couple of brief bands of rain to go through in the next couple of hours, then we’ll see some clearing by later afternoon. The sun is already out in Dauphin and the skies are brighter in Brandon. Saturday will be a great day…. dry with lots of sun and seasonal temps. By Sunday, we are back into some rain on and off through the day. Another 10mm or so with that disturbance. For holiday Monday, expect a mix of sun and cloud and a seasonal high of 22. It’s a dry and sunny start to next week but I’m looking at another rainy system developing for the Thursday time frame.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: W @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg man tests positive for West Nile virus
- A Winnipeg man in his 30s has tested positive for West Nile virus, the first case found this year in Manitoba.
- Updated Manitoba woman with amputated leg adopts 3-legged dog
- A Neepawa woman who lost her leg has adopted a three-legged dog, and the pair have spent the last few months learning to walk again together.
- Man, 65, dies after rollover near Birch River
- A 65-year-old man is dead after a rollover near Birch River, Man.
- Hail and heavy rain pummel southeast Manitoba
- Severe thunderstorm warnings are in effect through the southeast part of the province as of noon Friday, as a line of strong storms works its way east Friday afternoon.
- Crews battle blaze at West Hawk Inn in eastern Manitoba video
- Plumes of smoke billowed from the roof of West Hawk Lake Inn Friday morning near the eastern Manitoba border.