Set Pukatawagan as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 01, 14 at 6:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:50 AM
Sunset: 9:53 PM
N 17 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 01, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Aug 01, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early this evening and risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing this evening. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 11.
Sunny. High 22. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Low 12.
|Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
29° | 14°
84° | 57°
30° | 15°
86° | 59°
30° | 15°
86° | 59°
27° | 13°
81° | 55°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
All week I’ve been talking about the showers along a cold front moving through southern Manitoba on Saturday. The forecast timing of the front has been a challenge but it’s still looking to me like a morning event for the Winnipeg area. The front comes through from the northwest overnight so it loses a lot of the energy it has today in Saskatchewan. Thunderstorms are forming along the front in the daytime hours. Expect a narrow band of showers in the morning, then clearing in the afternoon and evening. Behind that system, humidity levels drop significantly and we return to the same stable weather pattern we’ve enjoyed this week. Highs on the long weekend will be in the mid 20s and then we warm back up to the upper 20s next week. It’s also a dry week with lots of sunshine through at least Thursday. I will be watching a minor disturbance to the south of the province Monday night that could track a little farther north. I’ll keep an eye on that one this weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: Light Wind in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NNE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- Gord Steeves to sell Winnipeg police HQ if elected mayor video
- Gord Steeves says if he's elected mayor of Winnipeg, he would look at selling the city's new police headquarters along with an office tower connected to it and the Millenium Library parkade.
- Severe thunderstorm warning for parts of western Manitoba
- A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for parts of western Manitoba, with people in the Dauphin, Ethelbert, Gilbert Plains, Winnipegosis and Swan River areas warned to take cover.
- Updated Family of man in Stella Avenue standoff angry with police video
- Family members of a Winnipeg man who died during an armed standoff with police this week are heartbroken by his death and angry at police for not giving them an opportunity to save him.
- Video Gimli's Icelandic Festival celebrates 125th anniversary video
- Organizers of this year's Icelandic Festival in Gimli, Man., are expecting a lot of visitors for its 125th anniversary this weekend.
- Ottawa hails new rail shipping regulations, says farmers to benefit
- The federal government hopes new rail transportation rules will speed up deliveries of grain and harvest some goodwill with farmers hard-hit by a shipping bottleneck.