Set Pukatawagan as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 20, 17 at 12:23 PM CST
Feels like: -5
Feels like: 23
Sunrise: 8:59 AM
Sunset: 4:54 PM
ENE 5 km/h
Pressure: 99.7 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 20, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Jan 20, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries and risk of freezing drizzle. Fog patches. High minus 1.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries and risk of freezing drizzle. Fog patches. Low minus 4.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries in the morning and early in the afternoon. Snow beginning in the afternoon. Risk of freezing drizzle in the morning and early in the afternoon. Amount 2 cm. High minus 2.
|Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
If you have a chance to get outside today - DO IT! We are heading into a prolonged cloudy period here in the south.
Temps remain mild through most of that period although we do cool off a bit through the later part of next week.
You can expect more temperature records to fall today. The north is also seeing record highs in many location. It even rained overnight in Thompson but the temperature when it was raining was above zero. Good thing!
Here in the Red River Valley, the cloud rolls in this evening and Friday will be overcast but still mild at +1. I’m expecting some showers here in the southeast Friday evening and that changes to wet snow overnight into Saturday. A lot of that snow will melt on contact.
Both days on the weekend will be cloudy with a few flurries mixed with an occasional shower and the temperature will be consistently between -1 and +1 all weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 15 in the morning. E @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday:Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- Year-long delays in child apprehension hearings devastate Indigenous families, chiefs tell court
- The year-long wait for court hearings that parents can face after their children are seized by Child and Family Services is another way the justice system is failing First Nations, Manitoba chiefs argued in court Friday.
- Police ask for witnesses after woman hit by sidewalk snow-clearing machine
- Winnipeg police are asking for tips from anyone who saw a woman in her 60s get hit by a sidewalk snow-clearing machine near the Health Sciences Centre in December.
- Winnipeg senior drives scooter on streets to avoid snowy sidewalks
- A Winnipeg senior is sick of driving her scooter on the street because the sidewalks are too snowy.
- A Dog's Purpose Hollywood premiere, some preview screenings cancelled
- The Hollywood premiere of A Dog's Purpose has been cancelled amid growing concern and calls to boycott the shot-in-Canada film, following the release of a video — purportedly from the movie set — showing a distressed German shepherd being forced into turbulent water.
- Live 'The time for empty talk is over': Donald Trump sworn in as president
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as U.S. president before a massive crowd including his wife, Melania, and their family, outgoing leader Barack Obama and several former presidents. Follow CBC correspondents on Capitol Hill and around the world as the new U.S. presidency begins.