Set Pukatawagan as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 31, 15 at 3:00 PM CDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Feels like: 24
Feels like: 75
Sunrise: 5:48 AM
Sunset: 9:55 PM
WNW 23 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 31, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Fri Jul 31, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers with risk of thunderstorms. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 21. UV index 4 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of thunderstorms. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 11.
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High 19.
|Mainly sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday I was talking about the slight chance for a shower or stray T-Storm in the afternoon and those did show up. It was interesting to see how isolated the heavy downpours were. At 4:30, pouring downtown, but just south of Wpg…. sunshine! Today the active weather is to the east in cottage country. The radar is showing, once again, some scattered shower activity around Kenora, Dryden, Sioux Lookout and Fort Frances. We are in a consistent pattern with the Jet Stream running over Manitoba NW to SE in a line from Swan River through to the Kenora region. Under that jet, we are seeing afternoon scattered showers forming and, at times, thunderstorms. Expect the same scenario for Saturday afternoon in NW Ontario. There is also a slight chance for a stray showers around Wpg both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The farther west and south you are (Brandon) the less chance for a shower you have. Temps should in the mid 20s over the weekend for the Red River Valley and upper 20s for the SW corner of the province. Expect low 20s for NW Ontario. The first half of next week is slightly cooler across southern MB with highs in the low 20s.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Governments promise $495M to ease flooding around Lake Manitoba
- A $495-million plan was announced Friday to ease flooding around communities near Lake Manitoba, such as Lake St. Martin, a reserve that has been flooded-out since 2011.
- Winnipeg police seek help in identifying pedestrian hit by car
- Winnipeg police are asking the public to help them identify a woman who was killed when she was hit by a vehicle on William Avenue and Arlington Street last night.
- New Ottawa closes sale of Canadian Wheat Board, name changes to G3 Canada Ltd
- The federal government has closed the book on what was once called the Canadian Wheat Board.
- Fundraiser to help Rinelle Harper's family exceeds $13K goal
- A fundraising campaign to help Rinelle Harper's family secure a new place to live, after their home burned down earlier this month, has exceeded its $13,000 goal days after it was launched.
- Sleeping woman sexually assaulted during Wolseley break-in
- A woman sleeping was sexually assaulted by a man who broke into her Winnipeg apartment, police say.