Elk Island (National Park), AB
Set Elk Island (National Park) as default location
Current ConditionsSat Aug 27, 16 at 2:00 PM MDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:32 AM
Sunset: 8:33 PM
W 4 km/h
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Sat Aug 27, 16 at 11:00 AM MDT Sat Aug 27, 16 at 11:00 AM MDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High 17. UV index 3 or moderate.
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers overnight with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 overnight. Low 9.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers in the morning. Clearing late in the afternoon. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High 14.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Alberta Health Services issues water advisory for Jackfish Lake
- Swimmers looking for one last dip this summer should avoid jumping into Jackfish Lake, due to high levels of fecal coliforms. Alberta Health Services has issued an advisory saying no one should swim or wade into the water near the south dock campground public beach.
- Updated MP critical of 22 Minutes star's post about Parliament Hill shooting
- An Instagram post making light of former prime minister Stephen Harper hiding during the Ottawa shooting and lockdown of October 2014 has outraged an Alberta MP.
- Report calls on Alberta to do more about invasive species in waterways
- A new report from the Alberta Water Council is calling on the provincial government to take further action to prevent more invasive species from entering Alberta's waterways.
- Jasper Park camping trip brings refugees together from around the world video
- They began their journeys to Jasper National Park this week from all points on the compass — from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Liberia and South Sudan. Most are newcomers to Canada. The trip gave them a chance to meet people, practise English and to try out camping for the first time.
- Pet iguana named Gaylord still missing in Edmonton video
- A five-foot iguana named Gaylord is on the loose in west Edmonton, and there's a substantial bounty available for his safe return.