Set Vita as default location
Current ConditionsTue Nov 25, 14 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 7:51 AM
Sunset: 4:36 PM
N 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
A few flurries
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Nov 25, 14 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Nov 25, 14 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy. A few flurries beginning this afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 8.
A few flurries ending overnight then cloudy. Wind north 20 km/h. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 33.
Clearing in the morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 35.
|Clearing||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
-17° | -23°
1° | -9°
-6° | -18°
21° | -0°
-10° | -12°
14° | 10°
-18° | -24°
-0° | -11°
-11° | -22°
12° | -8°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I am tracking some snow on radar today but the big topic in the weather department is the colder than usual temperatures. That’s not going to change for a while! We’ll see a few light flurries in Winnipeg today but the main area of snow is associated with a clipper running south into the states by this evening. The SW corner of the province picks up a few centimetres but that’s not really in the cards for areas further north toward the Trans-Canada highway. In behind this system, an “Arctic Chill” settles in and sticks around for several days. We are looking at a daytime high of -17 on Wednesday which is 12 degrees colder than the normal seasonal high. We’ll get back to about -10 by Friday but some more snow arrives Thursday night into Friday and again on Friday evening. Get ready for a very cold weekend across all of Manitoba.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NNE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 10/20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Friday: NNE @ 15 in the morning. NE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Crocus asks court to sell off Canad Inns assets
- The receiver for the failed Crocus Fund is asking a court to dissolve and liquidate the parent company of Canad Inns so it can recover a 15-year-old investment, CBC News has learned.
- Blind seal dies after getting trapped in drain at Winnipeg zoo
- Officials with Winnipeg's Assiniboine Park Zoo are mourning the death of a blind harbour seal that somehow became stuck in an underwater drain this week.
- Province to launch cancer clinic hub in Winnipeg
- The new cancer hub is the latest part of the province's $40-million IN SIXTY initiative, which was launched in 2013. The initiative aims to reduce the time between the suspicion of cancer and the first treatment to no longer than 60 days.
- Think it's cold now in Manitoba? Just wait.
- The big topic around CBC meteorologist John Sauder's desk these days is the colder than usual temperatures, and he's warning people across southern Manitoba to bundle up this week and weekend.
- First Nations to 'resist' complying with financial transparency act
- Three Western Treaty First Nations say they will "resist" the federal government's order to comply with the financial transparency act by tomorrow or risk losing federal funding.