Set Vita as default location
Current ConditionsTue Mar 03, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 7:05 AM
Sunset: 6:11 PM
WNW 41 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Mar 03, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Tue Mar 03, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Otherwise clear. Local blowing snow early this evening. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 near midnight. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 38.
Sunny early in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the afternoon. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 39 in the morning and minus 27 in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early in the evening. Clearing in the evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 33.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
-1° | -15°
30° | 5°
1° | -11°
34° | 12°
-1° | -7°
30° | 19°
2° | -12°
36° | 10°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Could this be winter’s last gasp for the season??? It will definitely feel like winter the next couple of days. Temps today will hover around -16 or even fall slightly this afternoon. The wind is also the story gusting to 50km/h out of the northwest. The wind chill factor is around -30 as of noon which means frostbite can occur on exposed skin in about 25 minutes. Wednesday’s high is also -17 but there won’t be quite as much wind. Thursday, the wind turns around in the afternoon to the south which signifies a change in our weather pattern. We go from a high on Thursday afternoon of -10 to a low Friday morning of -11 and then all the way to -1 Friday afternoon. Temps will be close to that over the weekend and well into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 25/30 in the morning. WNW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 the morning. S @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10/15 in the morning. WSW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeggers to pay more: taxes, garbage fees and transit video
- The City of Winnipeg is planning for balanced books this year thanks in part to a 2.3 per cent property tax increase, an increase in fees and pulling money from the city’s stabilization reserve fund.
- Exclusive York University fails to support sex assault victims, woman says video
- A Winnipeg woman says she won't go back to York University in Toronto until it can guarantee her safety.
- Extreme cold warning issued for southwestern Manitoba video
- An extreme cold warning — yes, in March — has been issued for southwestern Manitoba for tonight and tomorrow morning.
- CBC TV's Mitch Peacock talks with the newest Jet video
- CBC TV's Mitch Peacock talked with the newest Jet after practice today at MTS Centre.
- Death of Hyde Hayden, 14, being investigated as homicide
- The death of 14-year-old Hyde Hayden, whose body was found at the Roseau River First Nation over the weekend, is being investigated as a homicide, RCMP announced Tuesday.