Set Vita as default location
Current ConditionsThu Oct 27, 16 at 9:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 8:06 AM
Sunset: 6:14 PM
SE 15 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 27, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Oct 27, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Cloudy. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h late this evening. Low 6.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 gusting to 40 early in the afternoon. High 15.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light before morning. Low plus 1.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Rain||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Much of the province is under cloud cover but here in the Winnipeg area we are seeing a nice mix of sun and cloud. My forecast high is 10 today but if I miss that number, it’ll be low. There’s a good chance we’ll see some temps up around 12 degrees this afternoon. Cloud is back with us for Friday as another low moves west to east across the central portion on Manitoba. Right now, the forecast models keep the rain to the north of the Trans-Canada. The track of that low will be important in determining whether we get showers here in Winnipeg on Friday. I have a chance of showers in my forecast for the morning and afternoon but it looks like Friday evening will be wet and breezy out of the northwest as the rain wraps around behind the cold front. Saturday is a cloudy, cool day with a high of just 5 degrees. By Sunday, we are back into a sun/cloud mix and starting to warm up again. In the north, the next couple of days bring cloudy, drizzly conditions. From Thompson north, the drizzle is mixed with wet flurries and there is an accumulating snow today and tonight in the far north including Churchill.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Crater crusader fills 'swimming pool' hole in Winnipeg back lane
- After bumpy dealings with the city, a Winnipeg man decided to smooth out the situation on his own.
- Serious collision slows traffic on Portage in St.James
- A serious accident at Portage Avenue and Collegiate Street has backed up traffic in the St. James neighbourhood.
- Riled-up River Heights residents reject racing pigeons
- A racing-pigeon enthusiast has learned River Heights is no place to practice his hobby.
- North End Family Centre's 'jungle' gets a makeover
- Dressed in bright yellow hoodies and garden gloves, Winnipeg landscapers tackled the “jungle” behind the North End Family Centre on Thursday.
- Bonnie Bricker calls for mental health overhaul in Manitoba
- A mother’s pleas for a mental health overhaul in Manitoba were heard during question period at the Manitoba Legislature on Thursday.