Set Vita as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 23, 14 at 7:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:47 AM
Sunset: 9:19 PM
NE 9 km/h
Pressure: 102.1 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 23, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Jul 23, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Low 13.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the morning. High 26. UV index 8 or very high.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light before morning. Low 17.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Showers||Showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
23° | 14°
73° | 57°
24° | 13°
75° | 55°
29° | 12°
84° | 54°
30° | 13°
86° | 55°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We do have a few clouds over the city this morning but the sky all around us is fairly clear so I’m expecting a mainly sunny day here in the Red River Valley. I have lowered the daytime high to 25 today. The normal high is still 26. Thursday starts with sunshine but cloud rolls in through the afternoon ahead of a frontal system that will bring a brief band of rain late in the day. Expect some showers Thursday late night into Friday morning, then clearing on Friday with an afternoon high of 26. Saturday looks a little unstable with generally cloudy skies and occasional showers. We clear Sunday which is the start of a stretch of dry weather that lasts for several days.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: Light Wind in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. SE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: WSW @ 15 in the morning. W @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
- FRINGE Winnipeg Fringe announces 2014 'Patrons’ Picks'
- Haven’t had a chance to see that really, really popular Winnipeg Fringe Festival show yet?
- Cat with head stuck in bird feeder worries Brandon group
- An animal group in Brandon, Man., is scrambling to locate a cat that is roaming around the city with its head wedged inside a bird feeder.
- Medical science camp inspires northern, inner-city Manitoba youth video
- A summer science camp at the University of Manitoba is showing northern and inner-city youth what it's like to work in medicine, in the hopes they'll consider careers in the field.
- Human trafficking victim in Winnipeg relieved with arrest video
- A Winnipeg woman who says she was a victim of human trafficking says she's relieved to learn police have made an arrest in her case.
- Toddler death being treated as homicide, say RCMP video
- The death of a toddler from Peguis First Nation last week is being investigated as a homicide, Peguis RCMP said.