Set Vita as default location
Current ConditionsMon Apr 21, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:24 AM
Sunset: 8:26 PM
NNW 38 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Mon Apr 21, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Mon Apr 21, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early this morning. Clearing this morning. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 11. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low minus 2.
Sunny. Becoming partly cloudy late in the evening. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h early in the evening. High 15.
|Mainly sunny||Rain||Periods of rain||Periods of snow||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
8° | 5°
46° | 41°
6° | 2°
43° | 36°
4° | -2°
39° | 28°
11° | -5°
52° | 23°
11° | -1°
52° | 30°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m watching a couple of disturbances over the long weekend that appear to hit us in the south in the later hours of Friday and again on Sunday. The first one arrives late Friday night into Saturday morning. It will bring wet snow mixed with rain overnight into the morning hours on Saturday…. then taper to showers through the day. We may even see some clearing in the late afternoon. Easter Sunday starts as a bright day, but again, cloud rolls in through the evening and another batch of rain moves through. It looks like the precip with this one will stay in the liquid form. We’ll clear up Monday afternoon. Temps Sunday through Tuesday…. not as warm as I originally thought but still right around seasonal.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. SE @ 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- New Homeowner stuck with big bill after crews leave muddy mess
- A Winnipeg homeowner says a mess created by crews working for the city has left him with a big bill, and a big headache.
- Red River crest expected in Winnipeg this week
- The Red River crested in Emerson Sunday. Flood forecasters said it is expected south of the floodway inlet Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Winnipeg magician Darcy Oake wows Britain's Got Talent
- A Winnipegger blew away the judges in one of the top talent shows in the world and now his performance is going viral on the net.
- Lack of beds means evacuated seniors sleeping in sunrooms
- A shortage of vacant beds at personal care homes means the 86 residents forced out of Golden Links Lodge in St. Vital early Sunday morning are sleeping in common areas in other homes.
- Lower loonie no big deal, 54% of business owners say
- The fluctuating loonie may actually have little impact on most Canadian businesses, suggests a new survey by the Bank of Montreal.