Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsThu Oct 08, 15 at 5:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:38 AM
Sunset: 6:55 PM
NW 18 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 08, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Oct 08, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers early this evening. Clearing late this evening. Fog patches developing overnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low plus 1.
Increasing cloudiness. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 early in the afternoon. High 17. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clearing in the evening. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 8.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Rainfall Wednesday evening was pretty much on track as far as timing and my forecast for the amount of rain expected. Gauges across the city and around the Red River Valley measured between 9 and 12mm. The cloud is hanging in today. We’ll see some clearing in the west this afternoon and maybe a few sunny breaks late afternoon for Winnipeg. The skies will continue to clear this evening and overnight. There is a chance, as the temps cool tonight, for some radiation fog. It’ll be patchy but still could pose a challenge for the morning drive. Otherwise, Friday starts with sunshine but cloud rolls in again by mid day. We should be able to manage a 16 degree high in the afternoon. I’ve been watching the weekend closely and it appears that 2 of the 3 days are going to be spectacular if you like being outside. Saturday and Sunday will produce some sun and some cloud and temps around 23 to 24 degrees. There’s a big, gusty change moving in on Monday morning though. Thanksgiving Monday looks cloudy with NW winds gusting to 60km/h. The temperature will be fairly steady at 9 to 11 degrees. There is some rain attached to that frontal system but right now I think it will stay north of the bottom end of the lakes.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20/30 the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 20/25 in the morning. WSW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 15 in the morning. WSW @ 30 in the afternoon.
- Kapyong Barracks deal could come soon, says First Nation leader
- A Manitoba First Nations leader who is involved in talks with the federal government over the Kapyong Barracks says they're closer than ever to turning the former military base in Winnipeg into an urban reserve.
- Province expanding newborn hearing screening to all of Manitoba
- The province is expanding hearing screening for newborns to all of its regional health authorities.
- Updated St. Boniface residents, businesses add their voices to scrap massive interchange
- Coun. Matt Allard wants to scrap the plans for a major overhaul at the intersection of Marion and Archibald streets in Winnipeg.
- Bishops urge voters to make physician-assisted suicide an election issue
- A Manitoba bishop says Canada's impending physician-assisted suicide law that takes effect in February should be an election issue, but isn't.
- Manitoba officers seize 90 kg of pot on way to Toronto: RCMP
- More than 90 kilograms of marijuana stuffed in vacuum-sealed packages was uncovered at a weigh station near Falcon Beach this week.