Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 6:00 PM CST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Sunrise: 8:04 AM
Sunset: 5:20 PM
NNW 17 km/h
Pressure: 103.9 kPa
Periods of light snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Increasing cloudiness near midnight then periods of light snow. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 21. Wind chill minus 30.
Periods of light snow ending in the morning then mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 6.
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries in the evening and after midnight. Wind becoming north 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 24. Wind chill minus 30.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-20° | -29°
-4° | -20°
-16° | -24°
3° | -11°
-16° | -23°
3° | -9°
-16° | -24°
3° | -11°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Certainly a different day then we’ve been used to lately… more normal for January. Expect a steady temp today at about -15. Car washes are sure busy with the dry and sunny weather. Another quick turn around is in store for tonight with cloud rolling in and a quick blast of light snow on Friday morning for the Red River Valley. It will move into the west earlier (overnight) dropping about 2-3cm. Behind that quick system, it’s back to the deep freeze for the weekend with falling temps on Saturday (-22 by the afternoon) and a rather eye-opening -28 by Sunday morning. At least it will be a sunny weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 20/30 in the evening.
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. WNW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg boil-water advisory is lifted video
- The City of Winnipeg lifted its two-day boil-water advisory Thursday afternoon.
- New Rush hour traffic backed up after Winnipeg apartment fire video
- Traffic was backed up in Winnipeg’s Garden City area at rush hour Thursday after fire and paramedic crews responded to an apartment fire shortly after 5 p.m.
- Winnipeg water handout highlights Shoal Lake First Nation woes
- Some Winnipeggers were at Portage and Main Thursday afternoon handing out bottled water hoping to use this city's water woes to draw attention to a long-standing problem with water safety problem for the Shoal Lake First Nation No. 40.
- Manitobans can expect a break on natural gas prices
- Natural gas prices in Manitoba are on their way down.
- Video Primates at Winnipeg zoo put on bottled water during advisory video
- Primates at the Assiniboine Park Zoo were on a bottled water diet during the two-day-long boil water-advisory.