Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 01, 14 at 1:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:28 AM
Sunset: 7:09 PM
SW 21 km/h
Pressure: 99.8 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 01, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Oct 01, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Wind southwest 30 km/h. High 16.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers early this evening then partly cloudy. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 6.
Becoming cloudy in the morning. 60 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon and in the evening. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h early in the evening. High 13.
|Chance of showers||Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
8° | 2°
46° | 36°
9° | 0°
48° | 32°
11° | 2°
52° | 36°
14° | 2°
57° | 36°
15° | 4°
59° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect a generally cloudy day for the south as the main band of rain moves in to northwestern Manitoba today. There is only a slight chance of a shower across the south today and this evening. In the northwest, rainfall amounts will total 10-20mm. We’ll actually see some clearing overnight in the southeast and sunny start to Thursday. It doesn’t last. Cloud rolls back in by 2pm and another band of rain pushes west to east in the late afternoon and evening. Friday morning will be chilly, rainy and windy! Winds will gust to 60 km/h through most of the day with the morning rain easing in the afternoon. We may even see a few sunny breaks later on Friday afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 15 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- New Winnipeg DJ charged with sex crimes is former Scout leader
- A former Winnipeg radio DJ who faces several sex-related charges was once a Scout leader.
- New Miriam Toews on shortlist for Writers' Trust Fiction Prize
- Toronto novelist Miriam Toews has once again made the short list for the Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize.
- Puppets take centre stage in Winnipeg's mayoral race
- It's not often you see puppets on the campaign trail.
- 'Deadbeats' across Canada owe more than $3.7B in support video
- They're commonly called "deadbeats" — people who refuse to support their families after courts order them to pay — and CBC News has learned they owe more than $3.7 billion across the country for support orders.
- Manitoba hikes minimum wage, irks businesses
- Manitoba's minimum wage went up a quarter Oct. 1.