Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jan 18, 17 at 2:00 AM CST
Feels like: -11
Feels like: 12
Sunrise: 8:15 AM
Sunset: 5:04 PM
S 14 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Partly cloudy. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 7.
A mix of sun and cloud. High zero.
Partly cloudy. Wind becoming south 20 km/h in the evening. Low minus 3.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Cloudy|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect highs close to, or above zero in the south for the next several days. Wednesday, Winnipeg hits +2 in the afternoon. Thursday will be a brighter day with breezy conditions out of the south and a high of +1.
There is some light snow and freezing rain in the Thompson region today. We may see that kind of weather across the south on the weekend. The track and timing of the precipitation and the vertical temperature profile will be the determining factors.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. SE @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Lawyer for accused in Candace Derksen killing argues later kidnapping was 'strikingly similar'
- In the second day of Mark Edward Grant's retrial in the killing of Candace Derksen, 13, the defence argued that evidence from a separate kidnapping may point to a different suspect.
- Attempted robbery on downtown RRC campus sends student to hospital
- Red River College is reviewing its security and safety protocols after an attempted robbery at the downtown Winnipeg campus.
- Man named in $4.4M Ponzi scheme keynote speaker at Winnipeg event
- A man banned from trading securities for life by the Ontario Securities Commission and the Manitoba Securities Commission will be the keynote speaker at a private training event aimed at Winnipeg investors on Saturday.
- 'Homemade' extension cord caused blaze that destroyed family of 15's home: Fire investigator video
- A "homemade" extension cord caused the fire that destroyed the home of a rural Manitoba family who have been hit by back-to-back tragedies, according to the fire investigator.
- 2 high school girls found behind Gordon Bell suffer 'medical emergency'
- Two girls from Gordon Bell High School are in stable condition at Winnipeg's Children's Hospital after suffering a medical emergency Tuesday.