Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 26, 17 at 12:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -7
Feels like: 19
Sunrise: 6:17 AM
Sunset: 8:37 PM
NNE 27 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
Chance of light snow
Chance of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 26, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Apr 26, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of light snow late this afternoon. Wind northeast 30 km/h. High plus 5.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of light snow early this evening. Wind northeast 20 km/h. Low minus 4.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of snow. Wind north 30 km/h. High plus 4.
|Chance of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Wednesday will be a breezy day with a high of 6 degrees (still cool) and we may see a few spots of sun through a mainly cloudy sky.
I’m watching another nasty and snowy system roll through northern Minnesota Wednesday and Thursday. That one will bring some cloud into the southeast both days and Winnipeg will be on the edge of the snow on Thursday. Right now, it’s only a slight chance for a flurry on Thursday. Stay tuned for adjustments to my forecast as the track of that one becomes clearer.
As we approach the weekend, high pressure builds in and the temps start to climb back to the seasonal normal. This coming weekend will be sunny both days and fairly mild so no excuses on the yard clean-up work.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NE @ 30/40 in the morning. NE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 the afternoon.
- Video linked to Serena McKay homicide needs to be pulled off Facebook, chief says
- The chief of Sagkeeng First Nation wants the video of a vicious attack on a young woman — some say the same woman later found dead in the community — pulled off Facebook.
- Dad, 2 young kids ordered off Air Canada plane after mother turned away at gate
- A Winnipeg family is still trying to understand why Air Canada kicked them off a flight. First, the mother wasn't allowed to board; then the father and two kids were pulled off the plane.
- City asking lobbyists to please sign up for voluntary registry
- City council has approved a municipal lobbyist registry despite complaints the voluntary registry will do little to promote transparency, will create more bureaucracy at city hall and was put together without any form consultations.
- Firefighters deal includes 1.8% raise, then three 2% raises over 4 years
- Council votes today on a labour deal for firefighters, a new gig for David Asper and a $6.5M skyscraper grant.
- CBC Investigates 'Get more police officers out there': RCMP vacancy rate in Manitoba hits 8%
- At a time when the RCMP is already facing concerns about staff shortages, new numbers show the rate of unfilled RCMP officer positions in Manitoba is sitting at eight per cent, CBC News has learned.