Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 28, 17 at 12:00 PM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:13 AM
Sunset: 6:10 PM
N 13 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Feb 28, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Feb 28, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Sunny. High minus 8.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Low minus 14.
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. High minus 7.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Tuesday will be a sunny day across the south with a high of -7 and fairly light winds. However, on Tuesday night, some snow sets up in the west and looks like it will drop a couple of centimetres on the Red River Valley early Wednesday morning.
The rest of Wednesday is mostly cloudy as the snow pushes east. We can look forward to some late day clearing. Thursday will be the coldest day of the week feeling more like January with a sunny and breezy high of just -13.
I’m tracking a weak disturbance that could deliver a few more flurries along with some gusty winds later in the day on Friday ahead of a milder weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: N @ 10 in the morning. N @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Updated 2 men dead in St.-Georges double homicide, say RCMP
- Two men have died in what RCMP in eastern Manitoba are describing as a double homicide this morning.
- Belongings held 'hostage': Man pays 2 moving companies to get stuff to new home
- A former Winnipeg resident has some advice for anyone who needs to hire a moving van company: do your research if you want to avoid a bumpy ride.
- Updated Mumps outbreak prompts warning to Manitoba parents
- The province is warning parents and guardians to watch out for signs of mumps now that the outbreak has spread throughout Manitoba, including to pre-schools and schools.
- Updated Transit union president calls for supervisors, not drivers, to mediate fare disputes
- The president of the union representing Winnipeg Transit employees wants supervisors to deal with the fare-collection disputes that he says form the basis for most of the verbal and physical assaults on drivers.
- Refugees in Winnipeg opening their homes to help recent wave of asylum seekers
- Refugees in Winnipeg who are living on social assistance are opening their homes to help other refugee claimants who need temporary housing.