Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsWed Feb 22, 17 at 2:00 PM CST
Sunrise: 7:24 AM
Sunset: 6:00 PM
NNW 23 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Feb 22, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Wed Feb 22, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High plus 1.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 9.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 3.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Blizzard conditions in the north have abated but there is still a lot of cloud and flurries or light snow right across the region. Not much further accumulation though, and cold in the northeast. Churchill’s high today is -18.
The cloud is also sticking around in the south. I do have a few sunny breaks in my forecast for Winnipeg and Portage this afternoon. Temps will stay steady, close to +1.
We start to cool off tonight with a low of -7 and a high of -3 Thursday as car washes start to line up.
I have us at -6 on Friday and -8 on Saturday with a chance for a couple of centimetres of light snow later in the day. The cooler, drier weather sticks around into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 10 in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 10 in the morning. N @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Senior 'fooled' into thinking online passport company was government
- A Winnipeg senior says he was fooled by an online company offering help with passport applications and renewals.
- Council makes it official, asks province for public inquiry
- City council has made it official with a formal request for a public inquiry into the real-estate and construction scandals that undermined public confidence in city hall in recent years
- 'Fingers crossed' Winnipeg river skating trail can be salvaged
- Winnipeg's river trail took beating this year due to mild weather — and is currently closed, covered in slush and pools of water — but it might not be done yet.
- One quarter of council walks out on vote over new ethics watchdog
- One quarter of city council left the chamber to avoid a vote over the selection of city hall's new ethics watchdog.
- Winnipeg police renew plea for help solving Marilyn Rose Munroe homicide
- Winnipeg police are asking the public for help solving the homicide of Marilyn Rose Munroe, 41, who was found dead a year ago today.