Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 27, 15 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -17
Feels like: 1
Sunrise: 7:16 AM
Sunset: 6:07 PM
SW 18 km/h
Pressure: 103.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 27, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Feb 27, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Partly cloudy. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 22. Wind chill minus 28.
Mainly cloudy. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the afternoon. High minus 7. Wind chill minus 30 in the morning.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness near midnight. Wind west 20 km/h. Low minus 17. Wind chill minus 27.
-5° | -16°
23° | 3°
-12° | -16°
10° | 3°
-15° | -25°
5° | -13°
-10° | -22°
14° | -8°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As of 1pm we’ve squeaked past my forecast high of -12. The sunshine stays with us today and skies will remain clear tonight in the south. Saturday is bright to start with, but some cloud rolls into the southeast later in the day… that includes the Whiteshell region and northwestern Ontario. Under that cloud Saturday evening we’ll see some scattered light flurries that last into Sunday morning. No significant accumulation there. It’s back to Sunshine on Sunday afternoon with a high of -8. I’m still saying -5 for Monday (normal high now) but that warmer air will arrive along with a gusty south wind. Tuesday and Wednesday are the colder days next week. with afternoon temperatures hovering around -18 degrees.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 10 the morning. NW @ 25/30 the afternoon.
Monday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Live Politicians, First Nations leaders wrap up a day-long meeting on missing and murdered aboriginal women video
- Pressure is mounting on the federal government to take action on missing and murdered aboriginal women, with several premiers and aboriginal leaders meeting in Ottawa today to try to determine what can be done. CBCNews.ca carries the news conferences live.
- New Winnipeg lawyer David Bradley suspended by regulator
- After misleading his clients for years and "fabricating" information about their file, Winnipeg lawyer David Michael Bradley has been suspended from practising law for one year.
- First Nation woman calls Air Transat's kids activity package racist
- Maria Morrison says her 12-year-old daughter gasped when she opened an activity package given to her on a recent Air Transat flight to Winnipeg. Inside the package was a cartoon image of a red creature wearing a feathered headdress.
- Missinippi Air adds flights from Flin Flon and The Pas to Saskatoon
- Missinippi Air has added new flights from Northern Manitoba to Saskatoon.
- Selkirk student doesn't have measles after all, province says
- A Selkirk student suspected of having measles is apparently virus-free, the province said.