Set Emerson as default location
Current ConditionsSun Aug 30, 15 at 7:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:42 AM
Sunset: 8:17 PM
SSE 11 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sun Aug 30, 15 at 6:19 AM CDT Sun Aug 30, 15 at 6:19 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Fog dissipating this morning. Hazy late this morning and this afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 early this afternoon. High 30. UV index 3 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Hazy. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light after midnight. Low 17.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers in the morning and early in the afternoon and risk of thunderstorms. Clearing late in the afternoon. Hazy. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the morning. High 27.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here we are at the end of August and this is turning out to be one of the warmest weekends of the summer. Sunday will be windy out of the south with an even warmer high then Saturday of 31. Expect some showers Sunday night into Monday morning, then clearing Monday afternoon with another warm daytime high at 28 degrees. The transition from August to September will feel more like June to July. We’re back into the really warm weather by Tuesday and don’t really cool down too much until Friday next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. S @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Monday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- Derek Drouin puts Canada on top of high jump podium video
- Derek Drouin of Corunna, Ont., has won the gold medal in the men's high jump at the world track and field championships in Beijing, clearing 2.34m in a jumpoff.
- Brutal B.C. windstorm leaves thousands still without power video
- Hydro crews continue working to reconnect tens of thousands of customers who lost power as a windstorm swept across southwestern British Columbia.
- Recap Stampeders move atop CFL standings with rout of Blue Bombers video
- Bo Levi Mitchell passed for 314 yards and two touchdowns as the visiting Calgary Stampeders extended their winning streak to four games with a dominating 36-8 victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Saturday.
- Highway 59 crash near Birds Hill sends several to hospital video
- RCMP confirm alcohol is a factor in the multi-vehicle collision Saturday afternoon.
- Harperman case: Can public servants be political activists?
- An investigation into an Ottawa federal scientist who wrote and sang an anti-Harper protest song and posted it to YouTube has sparked a debate about just how political Canada's public servants are allowed to be.