Set Steinbach as default location
Current ConditionsWed Dec 11, 13 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -35
Feels like: -31
Sunrise: 8:13 AM
Sunset: 4:27 PM
SSW 18 km/h
Pressure: 103.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Dec 11, 13 at 11:00 AM CST Wed Dec 11, 13 at 11:00 AM CST
Sunny. Wind southwest 20 km/h. High minus 21. Wind chill minus 38.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 32.
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the morning. High minus 17.
|Mainly cloudy||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
-23° | -25°
-9° | -13°
-23° | -27°
-9° | -17°
-21° | -26°
-6° | -15°
-11° | -26°
12° | -15°
-9° | -16°
16° | 3°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Wind Chill WARNINGS have ended for the time being but frostbite is still a concern if you are not dressed for the weather. We are in the 12-14 minute frostbite range on exposed skin through the mid day and afternoon. After today, 4 more days of temps that hover 10 degrees colder than normal. Records are in the mid -30s but this cold snap is unique in it’s length. According to the numbers I’m predicting, it will end up being a 12 day cold snap of temps between 8 and 13 degrees below seasonal. Get ready for some flurries on Friday night into Saturday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 10/15in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 20 in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Postal workers' union fears cuts to hurt seniors, disabled
- The president of Canada Union of Postal Workers in Winnipeg says he's disappointed with Canada Post's announcement Wednesday, but not surprised.
- North Kildonan residents steamed over snow clearing
- A number of North Kildonan residents aren’t happy with the way the City of Winnipeg has been handling snow clearing in their area.
- MUSIC 2014 Declared the Year of Music in Manitoba
- 2014 Declared the Year of Music
- Sketch of suspect released in case of missing Winnipeg man video
- Winnipeg police have released the sketch of a suspect wanted for questioning in a missing person case.
- Municipalities take Manitoba government to court
- The Association of Manitoba Municipalities is taking the provincial government to court over forced amalgamation.