Set Steinbach as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 8:00 PM CST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Sunrise: 8:04 AM
Sunset: 5:16 PM
NW 7 km/h
Pressure: 103.9 kPa
Periods of light snow
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Increasing cloudiness after midnight then periods of light snow. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 22. Wind chill minus 30.
Periods of light snow. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 6. Wind chill minus 27 in the morning.
Periods of light snow ending near midnight then clearing. Wind becoming north 30 km/h in the evening. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 36.
|Periods of light snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-21° | -29°
-6° | -20°
-16° | -26°
3° | -15°
-16° | -24°
3° | -11°
-17° | -25°
1° | -13°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Certainly a different day then we’ve been used to lately… more normal for January. Expect a steady temp today at about -15. Car washes are sure busy with the dry and sunny weather. Another quick turn around is in store for tonight with cloud rolling in and a quick blast of light snow on Friday morning for the Red River Valley. It will move into the west earlier (overnight) dropping about 2-3cm. Behind that quick system, it’s back to the deep freeze for the weekend with falling temps on Saturday (-22 by the afternoon) and a rather eye-opening -28 by Sunday morning. At least it will be a sunny weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 20/30 in the evening.
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. WNW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- New Head on crash results in serious injuries northeast of Winnipeg
- There were serious injuries after police said two pickup trucks collided head on northeast of Winnipeg Thursday night.
- Winnipeg boil-water advisory is lifted video
- The City of Winnipeg lifted its two-day boil-water advisory Thursday afternoon.
- Video What song best captures the spirit of Winnipeg?
- If there was a song that best encapsulated the spirit of the city of Winnipeg, what would it be? Mayor Brian Bowman was asked in an interview with BBC News Thursday to come up with a uniquely Winnipeg song. CBC Manitoba took to the streets to ask Winnipeggers.
- Self-proclaimed 'native gypsy' an unlikely artist video
- At first glance Les Mawakeesick may not look like an accomplished artist, but when he plays piano there's no denying his talent.
- Rush hour traffic backed up after Winnipeg apartment fire video
- Traffic was backed up in Winnipeg’s Garden City area at rush hour Thursday after fire and paramedic crews responded to an apartment fire shortly after 5 p.m.