Set Steinbach as default location
Current ConditionsWed Feb 10, 16 at 8:00 PM CST
Sunrise: 7:46 AM
Sunset: 5:36 PM
NNW 1 km/h
Pressure: 103.0 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Feb 10, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Wed Feb 10, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 33.
Mainly cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 30 in the morning.
Clearing early in the evening. Wind becoming north 30 km/h in the evening. Low minus 29. Extreme wind chill minus 42.
|Mainly cloudy||Sunny||Sunny||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here in the south, it’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on Thursday with a cool high of -16. Wind also picks up in the afternoon so wind chills will a little brisk to say the least. Friday and Saturday will be the coldest days of the week. Early morning temps both days will approach the -30 mark. The afternoon high on Friday will be -23 but winds will be NW @ 20/30 producing exposed skin freeze times closer to 10 minutes. We moderate slightly on Saturday but really start to get milder on Sunday along with more light snow.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 25 in the afternoon.
- Thomas Brine, accused in murder of Winnipeg grandmother, speaks in police video shown at trial
- Jurors in the first-degree murder trial of Thomas Brine, who is accused of killing Winnipeg grandmother Elizabeth Lafantaisie in 2011, heard from the accused for the first time Wednesday — albeit in the form of a police interview video.
- Tories slam Selinger following departure of premier's former aide from union
- Manitoba political analysts and opposition parties agree that the departure of Heather Grant-Jury, a former principal secretary to Premier Greg Selinger, from a union amid an internal investigation speaks poorly of Selinger's judgment and deals another blow to the embattled New Democrats.
- New Manitoba towing staff risked lives rescuing stranded fishermen video
- A Manitoba towing company spent Sunday working more like a search and rescue team to help fishers on Lake Winnipeg who were stranded in blizzard-like conditions.
- Manitobans for Presumed Consent calls for changes to organ donation rules
- Organ donation advocates call for Manitoba to make everyone automatically considered a potential organ donor unless they indicate they don't want to be.
- Mittens, the puppy with a prosthetic paw, ready to be adopted video
- A six month old Corgi-Sheltie mix named Mittens is ready to be adopted. Mittens was brought to the Winnipeg Humane Society in December with extensive injuries to his back paws.