Set Steinbach as default location
Current ConditionsSat Dec 07, 13 at 12:00 PM CST
Feels like: -36
Feels like: -33
Sunrise: 8:09 AM
Sunset: 4:28 PM
SW 14 km/h
Pressure: 103.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sat Dec 07, 13 at 11:00 AM CST Sat Dec 07, 13 at 11:00 AM CST
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 37.
Clear. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 30. Extreme wind chill minus 41.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries late in the afternoon and early in the evening. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 20. Wind chill minus 38.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-21° | -25°
-6° | -13°
-20° | -27°
-4° | -17°
-22° | -28°
-8° | -18°
-21° | -26°
-6° | -15°
-22° | -27°
-8° | -17°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Any time we are colder (or warmer) than the normal daily high or low temp by 10 degrees, it’s significant. Our daytime highs will be at least 10 degrees colder than normal for the next week or so. A strong upper trough is digging south into the U.S. and is going to be very stubborn. Wind chill warnings are likely to pop up across southern Manitoba this weekend. We’ll have a good dose of sunshine though so, if you are dressed for the weather, it should be a great weekend for getting outside. Our first -30 (here in southern Manitoba) is in my forecast for Sunday morning. In the north, it looks like a fairly sunny and cold Saturday but later in the day, some snow starts to move into the regions of Lynn Lake and Lac Brochet.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SW @ 15 in the morning. SW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Hundreds of kids enjoy Santa breakfast at Salvation Army video
- More than 700 children enjoyed a warm breakfast with Santa Claus Saturday morning at the 20th anniversary of the Salvation Army Breakfast.
- Preview Jets look to end road trip with victory in Tampa Bay
- The Tampa Bay Lightning look to win for the ninth time in 10 home games Saturday on Hockey Night in Canada as they face the Winnipeg Jets, who conclude a six-game road trip (CBC & CBCSports.ca, 6:30 p.m. ET).
- Morris mayor says Mandela influenced the way he runs town
- The mayor of Morris, Man. says the way Neslon Mandela approached adversity has influenced the way he leads his town.
- Blog 5 things to watch for as Jets look to strike against Lightning
- The Winnipeg Jets (14-14-3) will try to salvage what started as a promising season-high, six-game road trip, when they take on the Tampa Bay Lightning (17-10-1) Saturday night in the final game before returning home for the next three at the MTS Centre.
- Canada's truth commission learned from Mandela, says head video
- Aboriginal Canadians have shared in the struggles Nelson Mandela faced in his fight for racial equality, says the head of Canada's Truth and Reconciliation Commission.