Set Morris as default location
Current ConditionsThu Feb 11, 16 at 4:00 AM CST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 5:41 PM
SSW 7 km/h
Pressure: 103.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Feb 11, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Feb 11, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Mainly cloudy. Clearing late this afternoon. Wind becoming north 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 25 this morning.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 35.
Sunny. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h near noon. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 36.
|Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here in the south, it’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on Thursday with a cool high of -16. Wind also picks up in the afternoon so wind chills will a little brisk to say the least. Friday and Saturday will be the coldest days of the week. Early morning temps both days will approach the -30 mark. The afternoon high on Friday will be -23 but winds will be NW @ 20/30 producing exposed skin freeze times closer to 10 minutes. We moderate slightly on Saturday but really start to get milder on Sunday along with more light snow.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 25 in the afternoon.
- Cancer causing chemicals prompt province-wide testing of nail salons
- The CBC I-Team has learned that Manitoba will start widespread testing of nail salons in the province after three separate air quality tests in a nail salon showed higher than acceptable levels of formaldehyde.
- New New mobile unit set to help refugees in Winnipeg School Division
- So far, the Winnipeg School Division has about 80 new students who are Syrian refugees. It has a new mobile unit made up of teachers and clinical staff such as a psychologist, social worker, reading specialist and speech pathologist.
- Thomas Brine, accused in murder of Winnipeg grandmother, speaks in police video shown at trial
- Jurors in the first-degree murder trial of Thomas Brine, who is accused of killing Winnipeg grandmother Elizabeth Lafantaisie in 2011, heard from the accused for the first time Wednesday — albeit in the form of a police interview video.
- Tories slam Selinger following departure of premier's former aide from union video
- Manitoba political analysts and opposition parties agree that the departure of Heather Grant-Jury, a former principal secretary to Premier Greg Selinger, from a union amid an internal investigation speaks poorly of Selinger's judgment and deals another blow to the embattled New Democrats.
- Protesters call on government to save Winnipeg's Parker Lands from development
- Protesters gathered outside the Holiday Inn on Pembina Highway Wednesday where developers were hosting an open house to show the community their plans to transform the Parker Lands into a mixed-use residential area.