Set Morris as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 24, 17 at 8:00 PM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:22 AM
Sunset: 6:03 PM
NNW 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 24, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Feb 24, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Increasing cloudiness near midnight then 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low minus 13.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 7.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Clearing overnight. Low minus 17.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It’s a bright sunny day, first one since Saturday here in the south. I’m forecasting a high of -7 but we may struggle to get there with the northwest flow at 20 to 25 this afternoon.
I’m tracking a weak disturbance that will deliver some flurries or light snow by early morning here in Winnipeg. That band of precip moves through Brandon and Dauphin overnight.
Following a few sunny breaks on Saturday afternoon, more scattered flurries show up all across the south in the afternoon and evening.
On Sunday we are back to a mix of sun and cloud. Both days on the weekend will be a little on the chilly side of the seasonal normal.
In the north, your Saturday looks fairly bright right across the region with a sun/cloud mix and temps in the mid minus teens. Churchill will be cooler at about -20 Saturday afternoon.
The cooler, drier weather in the south sticks around into next week. The next chance for snow would be Wednesday afternoon and then again on Friday next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: SE @ 10 in the morning. W @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Manitoba looks to get rid of preliminary inquiries to deal with court backlog
- Two justices, a judge and the attorney general of Manitoba want Ottawa to change the criminal code so the province can conduct a four-year experiment on the justice system and see if it helps reduce court backlogs.
- Bowman welcomes Uber, promises to reduce red tape at state of the city speech video
- Winnipeg Mayor Brian Bowman used his annual state of the city speech to express support for ride-sharing services like Uber, promise to reduce the red tape associated with permits and say he's made progress on reopening Portage and Main to pedestrians.
- MARKETPLACE What's in your chicken sandwich? DNA test shows Subway sandwiches could contain just 50% chicken
- Canadians who opt for chicken sandwiches while dining at fast food restaurants may find a Marketplace analysis of what they contain a little hard to swallow.
- Family plans birthday vigil for Manitoba teen with autism killed in foster care
- Lydia Whitford's sister Jessica is inviting the public to light a candle for her on her birthday as her family continues to search for answers.
- Teghan's top 5 things to do this weekend in Winnipeg (Feb. 24-26) video
- If you want to hide indoors, there’s a comedy showcase at the Park Theatre on Friday, a small film fest on Sunday and a theatrical ode to Agatha Christie all weekend long courtesy of the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre.