Set Morris as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 24, 17 at 5:00 PM CST
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 8:11 AM
Sunset: 5:12 PM
NW 17 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 24, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Tue Jan 24, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low minus 8.
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High minus 6.
Mainly cloudy. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Low minus 11.
|Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
If the lack of sunshine is getting you down, hang in there for a couple more days. I see some clearing here in the southeast, but not until Thursday late in the day, probably after sunset. Mainly sunny skies are in my forecast for Friday.
For now, we are stuck in a rather stagnant weather pattern that includes lots of low cloud, occasional flurries or light snow but not much accumulation, and temps that are gradually cooling.
There is a system south of the border on Monday that should spread some snow into southern Manitoba. I’ll be watching that one carefully.
Monday is also another fairly mild day but, after that, we get back into a more normal winter weather pattern. Yes, I’m talking about colder weather, but not super cold!
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Friday: W @ 15/20 in the morning. W @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- New Mark Grant 'always on the run,' witness testifies at Candace Derksen murder retrial
- A Winnipeg man who lived in Elmwood and was an acquaintance of Mark Grant’s when Candace Derksen went missing told court Tuesday Grant was “always on the run”.
- New Patrik Laine returns from concussion for game against Sharks
- Jets rookie Patrik Laine will be back in the lineup for Winnipeg's home game against the San Jose Sharks tonight.
- New Manitoba launches ad campaign critical of federal health plan
- Manitoba is launching an online ad campaign against the federal government's health-care funding plan and is hinting other provinces may follow suit.
- New Winnipeg woman found not guilty of assaulting police officer
- Lana Sinclair has been found not guilty of assaulting a police after an altercation on Halloween in 2014.
- Updated Minister won't say whether night hunting ban is on the table
- Municipal leaders from western Manitoba say they are optimistic new night hunting restrictions which would apply to Indigenous hunters are in the works.