Swan River, MB
Set Swan River as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:21 AM
Sunset: 8:17 PM
WSW 11 km/h
Pressure: 99.7 kPa
Chance of rain showers or flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Apr 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of rain showers this evening. Snow beginning near midnight. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind southwest 30 km/h becoming light early this evening. Wind becoming north 30 before morning. Low minus 8.
Snow ending late in the morning then clearing. Wind north 30 km/h becoming light early in the afternoon. High minus 3. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Low minus 13.
-1° | -11°
30° | 12°
-2° | -16°
28° | 3°
-2° | -14°
28° | 7°
1° | -13°
34° | 9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
What a change a day will make. In southern Manitoba we’ll see temps in the mid teens today - then 24 hours later - below zero! It’s the same disturbance bringing 10-15cm of snow to areas just north of the big lakes. The Pas, Flin Flon, Norway House and Island Lake are currently (as of noon) under a snowfall warning. As that system tracks east tonight and into Thursday, the colder air behind it wraps around into the south. Here in Winnipeg, temps will continue to fall through Thursday to -2 by the afternoon along with a northwest wind at 40 gusting to 60km/h. We’ll also be dealing with a mixture of showers and flurries on and off through the day. Other than a few flurries overnight Friday into Saturday, our weather through the Easter weekend is fairly dry and on the cool side of normal (+6) well into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: WNW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 15/20 the morning. NW @ 10 the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Updated Children in care to be taken out of Winnipeg hotels after serious attack on girl video
- Manitoba's family services minister has ordered staff to remove children in care from Winnipeg hotels, in light of a serious attack this morning that left a 15-year-old girl in critical condition.
- Winnipeg police looking for girl, 13, missing almost a month
- A 13-year-old girl has been missing for almost a month and Winnipeg police are asking for the public's help.
- 10 teens escape burning cabin in Manitoba
- A spring break celebration turned into some scary moments for a group of ten teenagers in Albert Beach, Man. early Wednesday, after the cottage they were staying in burned to the ground.
- Facebook page targeting Winnipeg aboriginal people pulled down
- A Facebook page that attacked aboriginal people in Winnipeg and re-ignited the racism debate in the city, has been pulled down.
- Winnipeg plans to gas problem gophers with 'Giant Destroyer' video
- The City of Winnipeg is using a new method this summer to get rid of problem gophers - "The Giant Destroyer."