Swan River, MB
Set Swan River as default location
Current ConditionsThu Oct 27, 16 at 12:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 8:32 AM
Sunset: 6:26 PM
SW 9 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 27, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Oct 27, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT
Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers late this afternoon. High 8.
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this evening. Rain beginning early this evening. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Low plus 4.
Rain becoming mixed with snow late in the afternoon. Rainfall amount 10 mm. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h in the morning. High plus 5.
|Rain mixed with snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Much of the province is under cloud cover but here in the Winnipeg area we are seeing a nice mix of sun and cloud. My forecast high is 10 today but if I miss that number, it’ll be low. There’s a good chance we’ll see some temps up around 12 degrees this afternoon. Cloud is back with us for Friday as another low moves west to east across the central portion on Manitoba. Right now, the forecast models keep the rain to the north of the Trans-Canada. The track of that low will be important in determining whether we get showers here in Winnipeg on Friday. I have a chance of showers in my forecast for the morning and afternoon but it looks like Friday evening will be wet and breezy out of the northwest as the rain wraps around behind the cold front. Saturday is a cloudy, cool day with a high of just 5 degrees. By Sunday, we are back into a sun/cloud mix and starting to warm up again. In the north, the next couple of days bring cloudy, drizzly conditions. From Thompson north, the drizzle is mixed with wet flurries and there is an accumulating snow today and tonight in the far north including Churchill.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Helpful Winnipeg Transit driver overwhelmed by online kudos
- Raminder Chahal says he stopped his bus to help a passenger to her door because he sees his own parents in every older person — and when his good deed went viral, his mom is the first person he told.
- New Police, soldiers begin removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters
- Armed law enforcement officers and soldiers, including some in riot gear, moved in on Thursday to remove Dakota Access pipeline protesters camped on private land in the path of the oil pipeline in North Dakota.
- Winnipeg church explores ways to stay alive as congregation shrinks
- Messy church is just one tool the CFRUC is using to stay alive while strong beliefs in organized religion are dying.
- New Have you seen Callie? Family's dog goes missing after break-in
- A Winnipeg couple is desperate to find their missing dog after she bolted from the family's Wolseley home during a break-in.
- Dad's video of school bus driver dropping kids off in ditch prompts change video
- A Manitoba father won't let his kids take a certain school bus after he caught the driver leaving almost a dozen kids to cross the street on their own last Wednesday.