Swan River, MB
Set Swan River as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 12, 13 at 7:00 AM CST
Feels like: -30
Feels like: -22
Sunrise: 8:45 AM
Sunset: 4:33 PM
WSW 14 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 12, 13 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Dec 12, 13 at 5:00 AM CST
Increasing cloudiness. Temperature falling to minus 26 this morning then steady.
Cloudy. Clearing before morning. Low minus 29.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the afternoon then 30 percent chance of flurries in the evening. High minus 26.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
-25° | -26°
-13° | -15°
-14° | -30°
7° | -22°
-6° | -13°
21° | 9°
-10° | -15°
14° | 5°
-15° | -15°
5° | 5°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday won’t be quite as cold as Wednesday morning but frostbite is still a concern if you are not dressed for the weather. Including Thursday, 4 more days of temps that hover 10 degrees colder than normal. Records are in the mid -30s but this cold snap is unique in it’s length. According to the numbers I’m predicting, it will end up being a 12 day cold snap of temps between 8 and 13 degrees below seasonal. Get ready for some flurries on Friday night into Saturday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 10/15in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 20 in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Newtown shooting victim's family seeks kindness 1 year later
- The family of a former Winnipeg girl who was killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Conn., is asking people to mark the tragedy's one-year anniversary by doing something kind.
- New Second crash on Winnipeg street angers resident
- A Winnipeg woman is frustrated after another crash in her St. James neighbourhood she says could have been prevented by snow clearing.
- MGEU faces controversy over officials' suspensions
- Controversy is dogging the suspensions of two negotiators from Manitoba's largest union, CBC News has learned.
- Postal workers' union fears cuts will hurt seniors, disabled video
- The president of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers in Winnipeg says he's disappointed but not surprised with Canada Post's announcement that it will phase out home delivery in urban areas and cut thousands of jobs.
- Blog Attawapiskat's housing crisis: A ground-level perspective
- "The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is kick a leg out from under the blanket to see if the electric furnace in my house is still on," writes Richard Spence, who brings us a resident's perspective on housing in Attawapiskat, Ont.