Set Melita as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 18, 14 at 7:00 AM CST
Feels like: -16
Feels like: 3
Sunrise: 8:35 AM
Sunset: 4:47 PM
S 4 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Periods of light snow
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 18, 14 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Dec 18, 14 at 5:00 AM CST
Becoming cloudy this morning with 60 percent chance of light snow. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this morning. High minus 9.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow. Low minus 11.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. High minus 7.
|Periods of light snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
-5° | -10°
23° | 14°
0° | -9°
32° | 16°
-1° | -1°
30° | 30°
-8° | -10°
18° | 14°
-12° | -14°
10° | 7°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
By Thursday morning, the high moves to the east so we’ll be in the southeastern circulation around that high pressure. There is a gradual warm up working it’s way in for the weekend along with increasing cloud Thursday late in the day. On Friday, we’ll see some light flurries but nothing worth getting the shovel ready for. Temps on Friday and the weekend will climb into the -6 to -4 range. Our next chance for an accumulating snow is Sunday night and through Monday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SSE @ 15 in the afternoon.
Friday: SSE @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SSE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- New Winnipeg police arrest 2 after break-in, fires in North End
- Two people have been arrested as police investigate a break-in and some shed fires in Winnipeg's North End.
- Canadian doctors' improper insurance billings near $25M
- Canadian doctors were forced to pay back nearly $25 million in improper medical insurance billings from 2010 to 2013, with the recovered money often characterized as the result of billing or human errors. But one group believes that fraud may be a factor in some of those cases.
- Winnipeg school division charts new territory in computer coding for kids
- A Winnipeg school division is diving head-first into uncharted territory in Canada – teaching coding to young kids.
- 14 tech gift ideas for Christmas
- Seeking the latest gadgets for everyone on your Christmas gift list? Check out these tech ideas from Carmi Levy, an independent technology writer and analyst based in London, Ont.
- Manitoba Islamic Association holds vigil for those killed in Pakistan attack
- More than 200 people gathered at a Winnipeg mosque on Wednesday night to pray for those who died in a Taliban attack on a military-run grade school in Pakistan.