Set Melita as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 20, 17 at 9:00 AM CST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 8:30 AM
Sunset: 5:21 PM
SSW 8 km/h
Pressure: 99.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 20, 17 at 5:00 AM CST Fri Jan 20, 17 at 5:00 AM CST
Mainly cloudy. High minus 2.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries late this evening and overnight. Low minus 5.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. High zero.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We are now into a prolonged cloudy period here in southern Manitoba.
Temps remain mild through most of that period although we do cool off a bit through the later part of next week.
Here in the Red River Valley, we can expect an overcast sky Friday but still mild at +1. I’m expecting some showers here in the southeast Friday evening and that changes to wet snow overnight into Saturday. A lot of that snow will melt on contact.
Both days on the weekend will be cloudy with a few flurries mixed with an occasional shower and the temperature will be consistently between -1 and +1 all weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 15 in the morning. E @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday:Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- Updated Police investigate homicide in West End
- The Winnipeg police service's identification unit is at a West End home Friday morning after reports of "suspicious circumstances" Thursday night.
- Winnipegger headed to Washington as women on both sides of border join anti-Trump march
- Winnipeg human rights activist Rosie O'Connor wants her voice to be among those heard at Saturday's Women's March on Washington, which is expected to see thousands of people to protest Donald Trump's election and issue a call for equality.
- Dancing in both worlds: Navigating life as a 2-spirited championship jigger and drag queen
- Ryan Richard is one of the most accomplished jiggers in Manitoba. He started jigging at the age of one and won his first jigging competition at the age of three. While growing up in Sandy Bay First Nation he said that he always knew he was two-spirited.
- Winnipeg girl, 5, helps other kids with clothing drive
- A five-year-old Winnipeg girl wants other kids to have the same opportunities she does, so she's launched her second clothing drive to help them out.
- Live Donald Trump's inauguration: Watch CBC's live coverage here
- Donald Trump is being sworn in today as the 45th U.S. president in front of a crowd including his wife Melania and their family, and dignitaries like outgoing leader Barack Obama and wife Michelle. Follow CBC correspondents on Capitol Hill and around the world as the new U.S. presidency begins.