Set Melita as default location
Current ConditionsTue Dec 10, 13 at 11:00 AM CST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 8:28 AM
Sunset: 4:46 PM
NW 28 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Dec 10, 13 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Dec 10, 13 at 11:00 AM CST
Sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 34.
Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 31. Extreme wind chill minus 43.
Sunny in the morning and early in the afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries late in the afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 20. Extreme wind chill minus 43.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny|
-17° | -26°
1° | -15°
-22° | -26°
-8° | -15°
-23° | -28°
-9° | -18°
-16° | -32°
3° | -26°
-6° | -16°
21° | 3°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
There isn’t much that is ‘unique’ about southern Manitoba having a winter cold snap…. but this one is unique in the fact that it’s so long. Overnight lows will be between -26 and -30 and daytime highs will be in the -20s for most of this week and through the weekend. Wind chill is also something to consider when spending time outside. You need to cover the exposed skin or risk frostbite. I don’t see a change in the pattern until early next week. There is a slight warm up on Thursday but it comes with a chance of flurries.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SW @ 15 in the morning. SW @ 15/25 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 10 in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- New 5 things to watch for as Jets clash with Blues
- The Winnipeg Jets return home to play the St. Louis Blues tonight after a successful season-high six-game road trip.
- Winnipeg to host NHL's Heritage Classic in 2016
- The NHL's outdoor Heritage Classic will be played in Winnipeg in 2016.
- Deer numbers down in Manitoba, but more seen in Winnipeg
- Manitoba's deer population is on the decline but homeowners in Winnipeg say they're constantly trying to keep deer away from their homes and yards.
- Winnipeg driver blames unplowed road's ruts for crash video
- A Winnipeg woman says she'll have to pay for a car crash that she and others believe was caused by a city street in need of snow clearing.
- New Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs slashed by $2M funding cut
- The Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs says it has less than four months to figure out how to keep the organization afloat as of April 2014, when the full extent of the federal government's cut to its core funding will be felt.