Set Melita as default location
Current ConditionsThu Oct 08, 15 at 1:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:53 AM
Sunset: 7:10 PM
NW 10 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 08, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Oct 08, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 13.
Clearing late this evening. Fog patches developing overnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 1 with frost.
A mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 near noon. High 19.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Rainfall Wednesday evening was pretty much on track as far as timing and my forecast for the amount of rain expected. Gauges across the city and around the Red River Valley measured between 9 and 12mm. The cloud is hanging in today. We’ll see some clearing in the west this afternoon and maybe a few sunny breaks late afternoon for Winnipeg. The skies will continue to clear this evening and overnight. There is a chance, as the temps cool tonight, for some radiation fog. It’ll be patchy but still could pose a challenge for the morning drive. Otherwise, Friday starts with sunshine but cloud rolls in again by mid day. We should be able to manage a 16 degree high in the afternoon. I’ve been watching the weekend closely and it appears that 2 of the 3 days are going to be spectacular if you like being outside. Saturday and Sunday will produce some sun and some cloud and temps around 23 to 24 degrees. There’s a big, gusty change moving in on Monday morning though. Thanksgiving Monday looks cloudy with NW winds gusting to 60km/h. The temperature will be fairly steady at 9 to 11 degrees. There is some rain attached to that frontal system but right now I think it will stay north of the bottom end of the lakes.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20/30 the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 20/25 in the morning. WSW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 15 in the morning. WSW @ 30 in the afternoon.
- New Doctor-assisted suicide rules may fall to province, ethics expert says video
- There are far more questions than answers on doctor-assisted suicide and how it will work in Canada once new legislation takes effect early next year, says a University of Manitoba ethics expert who's on a panel advising provinces and territories.
- 'Why are you afraid of us?' Manitoba First Nations child advocate asks
- Manitoba's First Nations advocate for children in care is accusing the NDP government and child-welfare officials of trying to prevent her from helping families in need.
- Mountie charged with assault in The Pas domestic incident
- An RCMP officer in The Pas, Man., has been charged with assault in connection with a domestic incident that allegedly happened while he was off duty in August.
- Updated 'Each flag is a life lost': anti-abortionists colour downtown Winnipeg park
- Anti-abortion supporters planted 100,000 pink and blue flags in a downtown Winnipeg park, saying each banner represents a life ended by abortion every year in Canada.
- Woman found critically injured in Winnipeg's North End
- A woman is in critical condition after being found injured Thursday morning in Winnipeg's North End.