Set Melita as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 01, 15 at 7:00 AM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 6:59 AM
Sunset: 8:29 PM
S 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 01, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT Tue Sep 01, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 early this afternoon. High 29. UV index 6 or high.
Clear. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light early this evening. Low 13.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the afternoon. High 32.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As we kick off the month of September, it will feel more like July. We will continue with our warm weather pattern this week with highs of 29 on Tuesday and 31 on Wednesday. Thursday is also warm at 28 but the afternoon looks stormy at this point. The instability numbers are “through the roof” for Thursday afternoon and there is a front moving through which could provide the trigger for storm development. I’ll be tracking the timing of that carefully this week. It does look like cooler weather will move in for the upcoming weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: S @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 10 the afternoon.
Wednesday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 30/40 in the morning. SSE @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
- Province should investigate case of pregnant child: retired Judge Ted Hughes
- Retired justice Ted Hughes says the province should investigate how a pregnant child sought a medical abortion without sparking an intervention from child welfare officials.
- WEATHER 1st day of September will be hot, summery in southern Manitoba video
- It may be the first day of September, but it's going to feel more like the first day of July today.
- Live Blog Trevor Dineen's Winnipeg traffic tips
- CBC traffic reporter Trevor Dineen keeps you up to date on how traffic is flowing, so you can get to where you're going.
- Analysis Poll Tracker: Margin narrows again in 3-way race video
- After a blip that gave the NDP a commanding lead, the contest is back to a three-way race. And one poll suggests who is capturing voters' attention, and what effect it is having on the campaign.
- Behind the scenes: StreetReach searches for missing kids in Winnipeg
- CBC's Caroline Barghout went out with StreetReach, an agency tasked with trying to find and take high-risk kids off the streets of Winnipeg. The following is an account of that night.