Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsSat Dec 10, 16 at 12:00 AM CST
Feels like: -35
Feels like: -31
Sunrise: 8:31 AM
Sunset: 4:43 PM
SW 5 km/h
Pressure: 103.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 09, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Dec 09, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 40.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 25. Wind chill minus 42 in the morning and minus 34 in the afternoon.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 35.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect mid minus 20s for lows on the weekend and highs around of -20 on Saturday and a balmy -16 or so on Sunday. There is also a chance for some flurries Saturday night into Sunday morning followed by some clearing on Sunday afternoon. That system is centred south of the Trans-Canada. Then the cloud rolls back in for Sunday night with a chance for some flurries into Monday morning. The colder weather takes us right through next week. Daytime highs after Monday will be right around -20. That’s a full 10 degrees colder than normal. That’s even colder than the January normal temp for Winnipeg.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
Sunday: NE @ 10 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: W @ 10 in the morning. W @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Broken barge leaves Shoal Lake 40 residents stranded, resident says
- A barge that acts as a lifeline for the First Nation that provides Winnipeg with its clean drinking water has broken again, leaving band members stranded.
- Manitoba will not sign onto national climate change plan
- Manitoba's premier says he will not sign onto the national climate change plan.
- Video The Good Lovelies stop in Winnipeg for 10th anniversary tour with babies in tow video
- Folk trio The Good Lovelies stopped by CBC Manitoba's office while in Winnipeg for their 10th anniversary tour, which they're undertaking with their kids.
- Trudeau announces 'pan-Canadian framework' on climate — but Sask., Manitoba hold off video
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a "pan-Canadian framework" to fight climate change and meet Canada's commitments to cut carbon emissions by 2030 — but a day of intense talks failed to get all premiers onside.
- Winnipeg goose lays eggs so late, she may have set — or laid — a record video
- Spring was still in the air for one Canada Goose that remained in Winnipeg to tend to a nest of eggs, while her pals were flying south.