Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 21, 14 at 9:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:42 AM
Sunset: 8:51 PM
ENE 8 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 21, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Thu Aug 21, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
Showers ending this morning then cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming north 30 km/h early this afternoon. High 20. UV index 3 or moderate.
Overcast. Wind north 30 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 14.
Cloudy. Clearing late in the evening. Wind becoming north 20 km/h early in the evening. Temperature steady near 17.
|Cloudy||Chance of showers||Showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
17° | 11°
63° | 52°
15° | 10°
59° | 50°
15° | 8°
59° | 46°
17° | 6°
63° | 43°
21° | 7°
70° | 45°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Friday, we are in the warm, moist sector of the low that passes through central Manitoba. Expect a scorcher on Friday. I’m forecasting 32 degrees with dewpoints up around 20 to 22 degrees…. so very humid and very unstable! Later on Friday the cold front moves through which could just be the trigger for some big storms. Right now it looks like those would happen later in the afternoon and evening on Friday. Saturday is slightly cooler with lower humidity levels.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15 in the afternoon.
- Riverview apple bandits take a bite out of Winnipeg orchard
- Volunteers at a community orchard in Riverview say someone keeps stealing all their apples.
- Firefighters battle pizza shop blaze north of Winnipeg
- Flames poured from the back of Dalma Pizza on Main Street west of Winnipeg Thursday morning.
- Trans-Canada semi, pickup collision west of Winnipeg
- Traffic was affected on the Trans-Canada Highway just west of Winnipeg Thursday morning after a semi and pickup truck collided.
- Your CBC Manitoba Thursday morning Winnipeg weather forecast
- Grab your umbrella as you're heading out the door Thursday morning.
- 2 vacant homes in Winnipeg's West End go up in flames
- Winnipeg firefighters were busy in the early hours of Thursday morning in the West End fighting two fires in vacant houses.