Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsMon Oct 24, 16 at 6:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 8:20 AM
Sunset: 6:35 PM
SE 15 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Mon Oct 24, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT Mon Oct 24, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy after midnight. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low plus 1.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light early in the afternoon. High 9.
Showers. Low plus 4.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Nice day to start the work week. Wind stays fairly light today with a generous amount of sunshine. The cloud rolls back in tonight and we can expect a cloudy Tuesday with a few afternoon sunny breaks, then some rain in the evening and overnight into Wednesday. Early indications are calling for about 10mm through the Red River Valley by Wednesday morning… slightly higher amounts to the west in Portage. The showers continue into the first part of Wednesday, then Thursday gets brighter again with a high of 10 degrees. Friday will be much cooler with showers and windy conditions and a high of only 6 degrees. The normals are now -3 and 7.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: E @ 10 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: E @ 20 in the morning. E @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 10/15 in the morning. SW @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Child neglect, drug-related charges for parents of infant possibly exposed to fentanyl
- The parents of a child who was taken to hospital in critical condition last week, possibly as a result of being exposed to fentanyl, are facing child neglect and drug-related charges, CBC has learned.
- Deputy Chief Danny Smyth to be promoted to Winnipeg's new chief of police video
- The Winnipeg Police Board is recommending Danny Smyth be appointed the successor to Devon Clunis as police chief.
- New Students should see Gord Downie's Secret Path, NDP MLA says
- NDP MLA Wab Kinew said he wants to see Gord Downie’s multimedia project Secret Path used to teach Manitoba students about the impact of residential schools.
- Winnipeg band Royal Canoe's tour trailer robbed of $82K in instruments
- A Winnipeg band that has soared in popularity in recent years has been robbed of its instruments and gear on tour — again.
- Jets, Oilers among organizations leading the way in Indigenous tributes
- As Winnipeg Jets fans make their way to their seats and players prepare to stand on home ice for the national anthem, an announcement fills the downtown arena.