Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsMon Apr 24, 17 at 6:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -7
Feels like: 19
Sunrise: 6:33 AM
Sunset: 8:50 PM
NE 33 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Apr 24, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT Mon Apr 24, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Wind northeast 30 km/h. Low minus 4.
Mainly cloudy. Wind northeast 30 km/h. High plus 3. UV index 4 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. Wind northeast 30 km/h. Low minus 6.
|Mainly cloudy||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Well, we saw it on Saturday and there’s more today. Yes, I’m talking about spring time snow. Again today, the snow is likely to accumulate in grassy areas here in the city with wet or slushy streets.There is a special weather statement in effect for the Winnipeg area. For Winnipeg, totals will be between 5 and 10cm.In the southeast (Whiteshell, Steinbach, Sprague) it’s a snowfall warning talking about 15-20cm of wet snow.Some of that will be ice pellets so the amounts may be a bit lower depending on the verticle temperature set-up as the system passes.The remainder of the week will still be on the chilly side of normal all across the south.We’ll have single digit highs through Friday, then highs of 12 or 13 for the weekend.Wind Forecast for Winnipeg:Monday: NE @ 30/50 in the afternoonTuesday: N @ 30/40 in the morning N @ 30/50 in the afternoonWednesday: NE @ 30/40 in the morning NE @ 25/30 in the afternoonThursday NE @ 15 in the morning N @ 30/40 in the afternoon
- FEATURE 'Mother Nature's taking charge': The scramble to save Manitoba from the Flood of the Century
- Twenty years ago this month, a hush choked the air in southern Manitoba. The Flood of the Century, the most severe in Manitoba's Red River Valley since 1852, forced out 28,000 and left silence. And lots of water.
- Vic Toews to face Canadian Judicial Council review over conflict-of-interest allegations video
- Manitoba Justice Vic Toews will face an investigation by Canada's judicial watchdog over alleged breaches of conflict-of-interest rules, but the former Conservative cabinet minister — through his lawyer — says he's done nothing wrong.
- 1 dead after vehicle hit, pushed into oncoming traffic
- A 19-year-old man was arrested on Monday after he drove through a highway intersection without stopping, hitting another vehicle and pushing it into oncoming traffic.
- Crown wants 15 years for woman accused of killing senior by stabbing her 68 times
- A woman accused of killing an 89-year-old by stabbing her dozens of times could spend the next 15 years behind bars, but her defence argues a history of mental health and substance abuse means that sentence should be lower.
- 'It's such a gift': Kidney recipient urges patients, families to donate organs when they die
- Kathy Urban received a donated kidney 15 years ago, and there isn't a day that passes when she isn't thankful.