Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsThu Mar 06, 14 at 11:00 PM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:17 AM
Sunset: 6:33 PM
NNW 20 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
Snow at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Thu Mar 06, 14 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Mar 06, 14 at 4:00 PM CST
Snow at times heavy ending late this evening then clearing. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming north 20 km/h early this evening. Low minus 20. Wind chill minus 27 overnight.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 12. Wind chill minus 29 in the morning.
Clear. Low minus 22.
|Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
0° | -13°
32° | 9°
0° | -1°
32° | 30°
-6° | -10°
21° | 14°
-4° | -14°
25° | 7°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Behind the is next round of shovelling, Friday will be a brighter day with a high of -11. Over the weekend we claw our way back toward -1 on Sunday but it will be cloudy by then with more flurries moving in Sunday night, leading to light snow on Monday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Recap Kings defeat Jets in Marian Gaborik's debut video
- Mike Richards scored the game winner on a Winnipeg Jets' giveaway to lift the Los Angeles Kings to a 3-1 win Thursday night.
- Winnipeg's frozen pipes problem an 'emergency,' says official video
- The number of Winnipeg properties with no water because of frozen pipes now exceeds 700, in a situation city officials are calling an emergency.
- Manitoba 2014 budget tackles jobs, education and poverty video
- There were few surprises in Manitoba's Thursday release of the provincial budget, with the big winners being students, people looking for work and those living below the poverty line.
- Serious injuries reported in Elie highway crash
- RCMP say serious injuries have been reported in a two-vehicle crash on the Trans-Canada Highway near Elie, Man., on Thursday night.
- Brier: Kevin Koe struggles but stays in 1st
- After a four in the first end, Alberta's Kevin Koe struggled a little against Prince Edward Island Thursday but still stayed in first place with a 9-6 win at the Canadian men's curling championships.