Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsMon Nov 24, 14 at 4:00 PM CST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 8:10 AM
Sunset: 4:51 PM
W 7 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Nov 24, 14 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Nov 24, 14 at 4:00 PM CST
Increasing cloudiness. A few flurries beginning early this evening and ending after midnight. Low minus 14.
Cloudy. Snow beginning late in the morning. Amount 2 cm. High minus 7.
A few flurries ending overnight then clearing. Low minus 25.
|Snow||Sunny||Periods of snow||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
-15° | -26°
5° | -15°
-6° | -19°
21° | -2°
-11° | -12°
12° | 10°
-16° | -22°
3° | -8°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
On Friday I was talking about the big change I was expecting through the afternoon on Sunday. The cold front did go through bringing the cold wind, falling temps and a rather sudden freeze up along with freezing drizzle, power outages and slippery streets and sidewalks. Now we are back into some very cold weather for the rest of the week. Today’s high in the sunshine is only -11…. Tuesday… -10 degrees. There will be a quick moving clipper that pushes through the southernmost part of the province on Tuesday afternoon. Areas as far north as Winnipeg will see some cloud in the afternoon but not much snow. Behind that system, even colder weather with highs of -17 on Wednesday and -13 on Thursday. Overnight lows will be in the -20s. I’m tracking a developing low that could bring more snow across the south on Friday and Saturday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: NW @ 30 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: WNW @ 10 in the morning. NNE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Judge Lori Douglas's offer to retire early accepted by judicial panel
- A Canadian Judicial Council panel has accepted an offer from Lori Douglas, a senior Manitoba judge, to retire early in exchange for avoiding a hearing on whether she should be kicked off the bench over nude photos of her that appeared on the internet.
- Winnipeg's Cindy Klassen pool closed till Friday due to 'fouling'
- The Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex pool has been closed after a 'fouling,' the city said Monday.
- U of W students to march for better mental health services
- University of Winnipeg students are set to march through their campus Monday evening to put pressure on administration to improve mental health services on campus.
- Winnipeg Jets' Evander Kane mourns death of Pat Quinn video
- Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane is among many in the hockey community paying tribute to Pat Quinn, the former NHL player, coach and executive who died on Sunday night at the age of 71.
- Six men in western Manitoba charged with trafficking cocaine
- One man from Ebb and Flow First Nation and five others from Ste. Rose du Lac have been charged with numerous drug offences after three police raids on homes in both communities.