Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 02, 14 at 2:00 PM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 7:00 AM
Sunset: 8:27 PM
WNW 15 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 02, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Tue Sep 02, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. High 21. UV index 6 or high.
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Low 8.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the afternoon. Showers beginning early in the evening. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Amount 5 mm. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h early in the evening then light late in the evening. High 22.
|Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
18° | 9°
64° | 48°
20° | 4°
68° | 39°
20° | 3°
68° | 37°
22° | 4°
72° | 39°
24° | 8°
75° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m watching a surface trough to the west that will move across the south today. It will provide enough lift to trigger some showers and is already doing just that in the Dauphin area. Here in the Red River Valley, we’ll see the showers in the later afternoon with clearing for the evening hours. Wednesday is almost a repeat. We’ll have some sun in the morning, then cloudy skies and scattered showers in the afternoon followed by a steady rain in the late evening and overnight. I’m seeing 15-20mm on the Canadian model for Late Wednesday through to Thursday afternoon. Thursday will also be quite windy.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: E @ 10 in the morning. E @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- New St. Vital Park unveils new $1.4M pavilion, art installation
- St. Vital Park’s new pavilion was unveiled Tuesday morning with the help from area Coun. Brian Mayes and Winnipeg Mayor Sam Katz.
- Blue Bombers' Stoudermire earns CFL award for TD run
- A punt-return touchdown run has earned a CFL award for Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ Troy Stoudermire.
- Greedy car thieves nabbed after going for another, police say
- Two teenage boys who allegedly stole a pickup truck in Winnipeg got caught after they got greedy.
- Updated Winnipeg mayoral promises: Wi-Fi on buses, tax freezes and a city hall watchdog
- Mayoral hopefuls kicked their campaigns into high gear on Tuesday with a series of announcements including pledges to freeze taxes, bring accountability to city hall and put Wi-Fi on city buses.
- Winnipeg police crack down in new school zone speed limits video audio
- Winnipeg police are out in full force, cracking down on speeders in school zones and catching about one every minute.