Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 07, 15 at 8:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 7:52 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
ESE 9 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
A few showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 07, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT Wed Oct 07, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
Increasing cloudiness. A few showers beginning this morning and ending this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind east 20 km/h becoming south 20 gusting to 40 early this afternoon. High 15.
Overcast. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming north 20 after midnight. Low plus 4.
Mainly cloudy. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early in the afternoon. High 13.
|Mainly cloudy||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
By the time we wake up Wednesday the clouds will be thickening up here in the south as rain heads into the region for later in the day. I see the rain hitting the Red River Valley by supper time Wednesday. It looks like a few hours at least of fairly steady rain Wednesday evening. Thursday starts with cloud cover which will stick around here in the Red River Valley until at least mid afternoon. Once the clouds clear, we’ll enjoy a dry and warmer weather pattern as we approach the long weekend. I’m posting temps in the 20s for Saturday and Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Palomino Club kicks up heels for new downtown location
- The Palomino Club, the nightclub with the neon horse at the corner of Portage Avenue and Minto Street, is making way for condominiums.
- MPI to make announcement on car theft, new rules may target owners
- MPI, police and Manitoba Attorney General Gord Mackintosh will hold a news conference at noon about car theft in the province and what owners can do to prevent crime.
- Steady rain to hit southern Manitoba Wednesday afternoon/evening video
- Clouds get heavy Wednesday in the Red River Valley with rain hitting Winnipeg by suppertime.
- Interactive Liberal surge in 2013 Manitoba byelections unlikely this time around: Expert
- The Liberals are unlikely to recreate the surge over the Conservatives witnessed during the two local federal byelections in 2013 in the upcoming general election, a Winnipeg pollster says.
- Live Blog Trevor Dineen's Winnipeg traffic tips
- CBC traffic reporter Trevor Dineen keeps you up to date on how traffic is flowing, so you can get to where you're going.