Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsMon Mar 02, 15 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -11
Feels like: 12
Sunrise: 7:26 AM
Sunset: 6:26 PM
S 21 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Mon Mar 02, 15 at 11:00 AM CST Mon Mar 02, 15 at 11:00 AM CST
Increasing cloudiness early this afternoon. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 4.
Cloudy. Snow beginning early this evening and ending overnight then 40 percent chance of flurries. Amount 2 cm. Local blowing snow overnight. Wind south 20 km/h becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 near midnight. Low minus 21. Wind chill minus 33.
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries late in the morning and in the afternoon. Local blowing snow in the morning and afternoon. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 35.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-15° | -25°
5° | -13°
-8° | -27°
18° | -17°
-2° | -16°
28° | 3°
-1° | -12°
30° | 10°
-1° | -8°
30° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Even though it’s a little gusty this morning, that’s nothing compared to what we’ll see later this afternoon and overnight. I’m expecting winds to gust to 60 km/h out of the south later today and then switch to northwest tonight and be just as strong. I’m also expecting a trace to 1cm of snowfall so blowing snow will be an issue tonight and through Tuesday. Tuesday’s temperature stays steady or falls slightly through the day hovering around -15 by later afternoon. Wednesday and Thursday are still cold….. then we start to warm up again into the weekend. It’s feel just like March on Saturday and Sunday! I’m also tracking upwards of 5cm of snow moving across the north from west to east today into tonight.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: S @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 30/50 the morning. NW @ 25/30 the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 15/20 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- New Funeral for Kane house fire victims to be held Wednesday
- The funeral for four brothers who died in a house fire last week in Kane, Man., will take place on Wednesday.
- Heritage status sought for Armstrong's Point neighbourhood
- The City of Winnipeg is looking at giving heritage designations to entire neighbourhoods.
- Ralph Stern to leave as University of Manitoba architecture dean
- Ralph Stern says he will not seek another term as dean of architecture at the University of Manitoba, weeks after a national association representing faculty members recommended that he be replaced.
- New 'Spocking' Laurier on $5 not illegal, says Bank of Canada
- It turns out there's not a lot of logic after all in the belief that it's against the law to Vulcanize Wilfrid Laurier's likeness on the $5 bill.
- Alyx Delaloye, cancer-fighting girl, thanks Jets fans, meets team video
- Alyx Delaloye, the seven-year-old girl fighting cancer, was back at MTS Centre last night, holding up a sign for the crowd as the Jets took on the Los Angeles Kings.