Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsSat Jul 23, 16 at 5:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 29
Feels like: 84
Sunrise: 6:02 AM
Sunset: 9:39 PM
W 21 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Sat Jul 23, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT Sat Jul 23, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers early this evening and risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing late this evening. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming northwest 30 early this evening. Low 15.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud early in the morning. Clearing late in the afternoon. Wind west 20 km/h becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 in the morning. High 24. Humidex 26. UV index 7 or high.
Clear. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light early in the evening. Low 13.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m expecting a bit of a change for the weekend. We’ll see increasing cloud overnight here in the Red River Valley (earlier in the west). We’ll also be dealing with some scattered showers or thunderstorms on Saturday. This far east, that action starts around mid morning with the thunderstorm mainly in the afternoon. Those showers carry on into the evening and we start Sunday with cloud cover. By Sunday afternoon, I’m expecting some sunshine with a high temp in the mid 20s. This first part of next week looks sunny and warm, then… a little more cloud through the middle of next week but fairly dry.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 20/30 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: W @ 10 in the morning. W @ 15 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg police identify cyclist killed at Main Street and Logan Avenue
- Winnipeg police are thanking the public for help with identifying a woman who was killed in the city on Wednesday.
- Former NHL star Theo Fleury walks to Winnipeg to raise awareness about child sexual abuse
- It started with a book signing in Toronto and on Saturday, former NHL star Theo Fleury was in Winnipeg to raise awareness about child sexual abuse and break the stigma around mental health issues.
- Analysis Winnipeg, a city addicted to fogging
- For a couple of hours, it looked like Winnipeg wouldn't be able to use pesticides to kill mosquitoes. The freakout revealed how much we love our chemicals.
- West Broadway Community Ministry's emergency pantry sits empty
- For many people the grind of poverty and need knows no season. Unfortunately, supplies and donation to food banks drop off to almost nothing once the weather gets warm.
- Manitoba's disappearing rural museums focus of new documentary
- When a small rural museum closes Canada loses a window into the country's pioneering past, according to a new documentary that's exploring how rural museums struggle to stay open.