Set Virden as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 25, 14 at 7:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 26
Feels like: 79
Sunrise: 6:04 AM
Sunset: 9:37 PM
WSW 13 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
A few clouds
A few showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 25, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Jul 25, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few clouds. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 13.
Increasing cloudiness. A few showers beginning in the morning. Wind becoming west 20 km/h in the morning. High 21. UV index 3 or moderate.
A few showers ending in the evening then clearing. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Low 11.
|A few showers||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
24° | 10°
75° | 50°
27° | 11°
81° | 52°
30° | 13°
86° | 55°
30° | 14°
86° | 57°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As expected, a cloudy start to the day but the sun is shining and we should have no problem getting to 26 degrees today. There is a slight chance of a t-storm later this afternoon but that chance is very small. The instability numbers are NOT large at all. Saturday will be a cloudy day with showers on and off through the afternoon and evening. This is the wrap-around rain from that departing low. Sunday will be slightly cooler at 22 with a northerly breeze at 30km/h but it will also be sunny. Next week looks very stable. I have fairly sunny skies in my forecast each day with highs ranging from 25 on Monday to 29 on Thursday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: WSW @ 20 in the morning. W @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Buffer zones bug Winnipeg residents bitten by mosquitoes video
- While some Winnipeggers are upset about the city's efforts to kill off mosquitos, one Winnipeg woman is upset her home is not getting fogged.
- Preview Lions' Andrew Harris aims to shine against Bombers
- After stellar performances in the past two weeks, B.C. Lions running back Andrew Harris now has the difficult task of producing an encore. He'll have no shortage of incentives Friday as the Lions (2-2) host the Blue Bombers (3-1) at B.C. Place Stadium.
- Lake Manitoba flood threat too much for some residents video
- The flood fight is underway along Lake Manitoba, but some residents say the threat of more water — three years after the area was flooded — is too much for them to bear.
- Ottawa girl visits Winnipeg to see first ever polar bear video
- An 11-year-old Ottawa girl, who has raised money for polar bear conservation, is in Winnipeg to see a polar bear for the very first time.
- Manitobans soon able to fill growlers with draft beer
- Manitobans will soon be able to buy draft beer and take it home in large glass jugs known as growlers.