Set Whiteshell as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 02, 15 at 3:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 6:37 AM
Sunset: 8:04 PM
SE 3 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Tue Sep 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Low 12.
A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing early in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm in the morning. High 31. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Low 17.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Periods of rain||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As we kick off the month of September, it will feel more like July. We will continue with our warm weather pattern this week with highs of 29 on Tuesday and 31 on Wednesday. Thursday is also warm at 28 but the afternoon looks stormy at this point. The instability numbers are “through the roof” for Thursday afternoon and there is a front moving through which could provide the trigger for storm development. I’ll be tracking the timing of that carefully this week. It does look like cooler weather will move in for the upcoming weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: S @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 10 the afternoon.
Wednesday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 30/40 in the morning. SSE @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
- Catholic Church, province sued over sexual assault allegations in Métis schools
- Two former students of Métis schools in Manitoba run by the Roman Catholic Church are suing the church and the province for alleged sexual abuse.
- Canadian doctors co-signing prescriptions for U.S. patients video
- Canadian doctors are co-signing prescriptions for American patients they haven't seen — a practice critics consider unethical and one that violates every province's standards of care, CBC News has learned.
- Preteen girl hands out backpacks, chicken dinners to Winnipeg homeless
- A 12-year-old Winnipeg girl was busy Tuesday night providing necessities to those in the city that might need them.
- Contents of search warrant tied to Winnipeg police HQ construction to remain hidden video
- Information used to obtain a search warrant of the headquarters of Caspian Construction will remain sealed for several months, as the RCMP continues an extensive investigation of the new Winnipeg Police Services headquarters project.
- Children's Advocate confirms investigation into case of teen abused, impregnanted by stepfather
- The provincial agency's investigation won't be made public regardless of whether they find cracks in the system or not.