Set Whiteshell as default location
Current ConditionsSat Oct 10, 15 at 3:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 7:34 AM
Sunset: 6:42 PM
SSW 5 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Fri Oct 09, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Oct 09, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clearing late this evening. Low 9.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming sunny late in the afternoon. High 22. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Low 12.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I have been watching the weekend numbers and sky conditions closely and it appears that 2 of the 3 days are going to be spectacular if you like being outside. Saturday and Sunday will produce some sun and some cloud and temps around 23 to 24 degrees. There’s a big, gusty change moving in on Sunday night into Monday morning. Winds overnight will gust to 70km/h and we’ll wake up thanksgiving Day to the same gusty winds, a few showers and MUCH cooler conditions. The temperature will start out at 7 degrees on Monday and won’t move much at all throughout the day. I do think we’ll see some clearing through Monday afternoon. Tuesday rebounds nicely with respect to temperature. Daytime highs will be in the mid 20s through the middle of the week but we do cool down again toward the end of the week. The seasonal normals as of Friday are +1 and 12 degrees. It won’t be long before the normal overnight low is below zero.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: S @ 15 in the morning. S @ 15/20 the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 15 in the morning. W @ 30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- JETS BLOG: Scheifele coming into his own as offensive driver video
- The plan, or perhaps more accurately the hope, was that Mark Scheifele would come into his own and be an offensive driver for the Winnipeg Jets in his third full year.
- Woman slain in North End had filed for protection order against alleged killer
- The 20-year-old woman found bleeding to death outside a North End home Thursday morning was denied a protection order against the man now charged in her death.
- Recap Ladd, Wheeler lead Jets past Devils video
- Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler each had a goal and an assist in a big second period and the Winnipeg Jets beat the New Jersey Devils 3-1 on Friday night to spoil John Hynes' NHL coaching debut.
- City changes plans on unpopular East Kildonan road project
- Shoppers in East Kildonan won't have to go out of their way to access a neighbourhood strip mall now that the city has revised road work plans that would have forced customers to take an inconvenient detour.
- Video Salvation Army feeds hundreds at annual Thanksgiving dinner video
- Hundreds of hungry Winnipeggers sat down and enjoyed a hearty Thanksgiving dinner at the Salvation Army Friday.