Set Whiteshell as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 06, 16 at 9:00 AM CST
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 5:23 PM
ESE 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 06, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Sat Feb 06, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries early this morning. A few flurries beginning early this morning. Amount 2 cm. High minus 2.
Snow. Amount 5 cm. Low minus 8.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h in the morning. High minus 7.
|Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We do warm up on Saturday to -2 ahead of a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Gary Doer leaves the building: Long career in public life ends for U.S. ambassador
- A college kid named Gary Doer had a plan to leave school for a while, get some work experience, then return to finish his degree in political science.
- Blog Lara Rae learns the foundations of makeup
- As she goes through her transition, Lara Rae is learning many new skills. This week, she explains why she's come to love the ritual of applying makeup.
- Elijah Harper inspired Winnipeg librarian to make change
- Monique Woroniak was 12 when she first saw the man who would spark her passion for social justice. She was watching the news with her parents. "Elijah Harper stood up in the Manitoba Legislature and held his feather high and effectively killed the Meech Lake accord," she recalled.
- Mild Saturday before blowing snow, strong winds on Sunday video
- On Saturday, Winnipeg is warm enough to spend time outside again, but the mild weather is not expected to last through the weekend.
- Opinion Snow removal — more precisely, lack of snow removal — carries hidden costs
- When I heard the city’s decision to stick with the status quo when it came to snow removal, I wondered if we were prioritizing the right things.