Set Whiteshell as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jan 23, 17 at 5:00 PM CST
Feels like: -3
Feels like: 27
Sunrise: 8:05 AM
Sunset: 5:01 PM
SSW 5 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jan 23, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Jan 23, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries and risk of freezing drizzle. Fog patches developing after midnight. Low minus 5.
Cloudy. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 5.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 5.
|Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Yes, it was a record setting weekend. 67 consecutive hours with a temperature above freezing in January. That’s an all-time record since 1873. The previous was 44 hours back in 2002. Saturday’s lowest temp was +0.9, one of only three January days on record with a temp staying above zero.
If the lack of sunshine is getting you down, hang in there for a few more days. I see some clearing but not until Thursday late in the day, probably after sunset. Mainly sunny skies are in my forecast for Friday.
The next snow is on track for Tuesday overnight into Wednesday. We can expect 2-3cm there followed by flurries in the morning.
Temps will gradually cool this week. Still, not down to the seasonal normal. I have Friday morning at -14, the coolest low this week. I have Sunday afternoon at -9, the coolest high this week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: SW @ 10/20 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: S @ 10/15 in the morning. W @ 10 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Updated 'Huge flames' leave gaping hole in roof of home in Seven Oaks video
- A gaping hole was left in the roof of a home in Seven Oaks after a fire ripped through the building Monday.
- New Justin Trudeau to hold town hall in Winnipeg on Thursday
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is headed to Winnipeg this week as part of a cross-Canada tour to connect with Canadians.
- 67 hours above freezing a record January thaw for Winnipeg
- It's a record-breaking January in Winnipeg — and not because of the cold.
- Manitoba Opposition looking to take the 'New' out of 'New Democratic Party'
- Some Manitoba New Democrats are hoping to change the party's name by dropping the word "New."
- Help for former kids in Manitoba care should be expanded to age 25: advocate
- Manitoba's children's advocate says former permanent wards of the state often need help in early adulthood as they advance their education and find housing.