Set Whiteshell as default location
Current ConditionsThu May 05, 16 at 1:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 5:50 AM
Sunset: 8:44 PM
SSE 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu May 05, 16 at 1:15 AM CDT Thu May 05, 16 at 1:15 AM CDT
Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers and risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing before morning. Low 11.
Sunny. High 31. UV index 6 or high.
Mainly cloudy. Clearing after midnight. Low 14.
|Sunny||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday will be the hot one in the Red River Valley. Here in Winnipeg, we are looking at a 31 degree high for Thursday afternoon. The standing record high is 31.7 set back in 1926. Late Thursday into Friday, the winds shift and we’ll be treated to a windy and cooler day at 20 degrees. I’m watching upper level winds as well today to see if there is a chance for the wildfire smoke from Alberta to drift our way. We’ll certainly have some hazy conditions and perhaps even smoky conditions in parts of the Interlake and through southwestern Manitoba by Friday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SW @ 20/30 Wind in the morning. W @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 40/60 in the morning. N @ 30/50 Wind in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg police find body in Sturgeon Creek near Grace Hospital video
- A large police presence gathered near the Grace Hospital Wednesday afternoon.
- CBC's Marcy Markusa wins YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Award
- CBC Information Radio host, Marcy Markusa, won a YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Award Wednesday night in the category of public awareness and communication.
- Fire officials urge Winnipeggers to clear backlanes to deter arsonists video
- Winnipeg fire and paramedic crews will be out talking to homeowners on Thursday, asking them to clean up their backlanes to deter arsonists.
- Teen charged in slaying of Gheorghe Uta, age 52, Winnipeg police say
- Winnipeg police have charged a 19-year-old man with manslaughter and aggravated assault in the killing of 52-year-old Gheorghe Uta.
- Sherbrook Pool reopening delayed until mid-June, possibly later
- Sherbrook Pool has been closed since the fall of 2012 when structural concerns were raised in the more than 80-year-old building.