Set Pinawa as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 17, 17 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -5
Feels like: 23
Sunrise: 8:15 AM
Sunset: 4:52 PM
SSE 6 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Mainly sunny. High zero.
Partly cloudy. Low minus 7.
Mainly sunny. High plus 1.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We continue to get milder this week and that’s not just in the south. High temps across the north are 10-15 degrees above normal today.
Expect highs close to, or above zero in the south for the next several days. Wednesday, Winnipeg hits +2 in the afternoon. Thursday will be a brighter day with breezy conditions out of the south and a high of +1.
There is some light snow and freezing rain in the Thompson region today. We may see that kind of weather across the south on the weekend. The track and timing of the precipitation and the vertical temperature profile will be the determining factors.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. SE @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Updated Online child sexual abuse images targeted by automated system
- The Canadian Centre for Child Protection has a new tool in its fight to find and eliminate child sexual abuse material on the internet.
- Updated Pavelec to start for Jets after 3-month stint with Moose
- After three months with the Manitoba Moose, Ondrej Pavelec is back between the pipes for the Jets.
- New Officers cleared in chase that ended in crash, left 2 with broken bones
- Winnipeg officers did nothing wrong in a police chase that ended in a crash that sent six people to hospital, the Independent Investigation Unit of Manitoba has found.
- Public Safety Building to remain intact and closed to public for at least another year
- The demolition of the vacant Public Safety Building is on hold until 2018 at the earliest to allow the city to consult the public about what should rise on the site of the city's old police headquarters and the adjacent Civic Centre Parkade.
- Girl, 15, missing in Winnipeg
- Winnipeg police are asking for the public's assistance in finding a 15-year-old girl who has gone missing.