Set Pinawa as default location
Current ConditionsThu Mar 30, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:04 AM
Sunset: 7:51 PM
SSW 9 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Mar 30, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Mar 30, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT
Partly cloudy. Fog patches developing late this evening. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low plus 4.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. High 11.
Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Low minus 4.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of rain||Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We’ll see a sun/cloud mix today here in the Red River Valley but some showers are still falling in a band through southeast Manitoba. Still, it will be a mild day well above the seasonal normal.
The rainfall amounts from Wednesday evening vary quite a bit. We saw about 4mm here in Winnipeg but over 30mm to the north in parts of the Interlake and about 20mm in Portage.
I’ve been talking about some rain on Friday and it now looks like the models are pointing to light showers on and off throughout the day. It’s a little more organized in the later part of the day.
Saturday brings a sun/cloud mix and an afternoon high of 9. I’m pulling some showers back into my forecast for Sunday afternoon along with some sun in the morning and windy conditions in the afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 20 in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 15 in the morning. N @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 10/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. W @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Red River to crest in Winnipeg on Sunday, say forecasters
- Ice jams on the Red River have led the City of Winnipeg to begin preparing for a flood crest — forecast to happen Sunday — high enough to require the placement of sandbag dikes around up to 50 low-lying properties.
- Pallister eyes scaling back refugee support as tiff with Ottawa festers
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's visit to Winnipeg this week did little to thaw relations with Premier Brian Pallister on health funding agreements and sharing the cost of asylum seekers.
- Winnipeg man charged after live stream of sex assault on 6-year-old boy in U.S. video
- A 45-year-old Winnipeg man faces child exploitation charges after police discovered a live stream of a young boy being sexually assaulted in the United States.
- Provinces poised to sign historic Canadian Free Trade Agreement in April
- Territories and provinces in Canada are expected to sign a free trade deal in April that will change the way goods and services are exchanged across the country.
- Winnipeg lawyer, 87, retires rather than submit to professional development rules
- An 87-year-old Winnipeg lawyer who lost his fight against mandatory professional development rules says he will proudly go into retirement continuing his resistance.