Set Twillingate as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 01, 14 at 7:30 AM NDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: 27
Feels like: 81
Sunrise: 5:39 AM
Sunset: 8:52 PM
SW 22 km/h
Pressure: 102.3 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 01, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT Fri Aug 01, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 27 except 23 along parts of the coast. UV index 6 or high.
Cloudy. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light overnight. Low 17 except 12 in low lying inland areas.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming west 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 23 except 27 inland.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
25° | 15°
77° | 59°
24° | 15°
75° | 59°
24° | 14°
75° | 57°
19° | 12°
66° | 54°
20° | 13°
68° | 55°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Mountie who played 'Mr. Big' upset with Nelson Hart decision
- The Supreme Court of Canada decision on police sting operations will hurt future investigations into serious crime, says the retired RCMP officer who played "Mr. Big" in the Nelson Hart murder investigation.
- New Byelection date expected today in St. George's-Stephenville East
- Premier Tom Marshall is expected to set a date today for a byelection in a western Newfoundland district last held by former cabinet minister Joan Shea.
- Endorsement tracker: Who's endorsing whom in PC leadership
- The three candidates for the Tory leadership are competing for delegates at September's leadership convention. Keep track of the endorsements each contender has received.
- 'Mr. Big' ruling a 'game changer' for those convicted in sting operations
- A Supreme Court of Canada ruling calling into question the reliability of confessions obtained during so-called Mr. Big sting operations could prompt the review of dozens of convictions, some legal experts say.
- Province needs to reinstate fire ban: retired C.B.S. fire chief
- Former Conception Bay South fire chief Richard Murphy says the Newfoundland and Labrador government should be proactive and reinstate the open fire ban on the island, before another fire breaks out.