Set Twillingate as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 30, 15 at 10:30 AM NST
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 5:00 PM
SW 36 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 30, 15 at 5:30 AM NST Fri Jan 30, 15 at 5:30 AM NST
Cloudy. Snow beginning this morning. Risk of freezing drizzle this morning. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas this afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High minus 3.
Snow ending this evening then mainly cloudy. Risk of freezing drizzle late this evening and overnight. Amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light before morning. Low minus 7.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the afternoon. High minus 2.
|Mainly cloudy||Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||Sunny||Flurries|
5° | -3°
41° | 27°
-11° | -13°
12° | 9°
-8° | -12°
18° | 10°
-9° | -16°
16° | 3°
-5° | -10°
23° | 14°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Rabid wolf chases 2 Labrador families on snowmobile trip video
- Two families snowmobiling in Labrador had a frightening run-in with a rabid wolf before the animal was hunted downtown by wildlife officers.
- New Freezing rain closes schools, slows traffic in eastern Newfoundland
- Freezing rain caused trouble for many schools on the Avalon and Burin peninsulas Friday morning.
- Conference bullish on Labrador economy despite mining downturn video
- While the closure of two mines is casting a dark shadow over Labrador's economic future, it's not all doom and gloom for the big land.
- Lab West woes: Mulling over the future in uncertain times
- There's been very little to boast about in Labrador West in recent months, but that doesn't mean area residents have lost hope for the future.
- Mental health issues in young people target for new app video
- Newfoundland and Labrador's largest health authority rolled out its first health-related app for smartphones and tablets, aimed at getting young people better access to mental health information.