Set Twillingate as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 17, 14 at 1:30 PM NDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 6:13 AM
Sunset: 8:04 PM
WNW 34 km/h
Pressure: 103.7 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 17, 14 at 11:00 AM NDT Thu Apr 17, 14 at 11:00 AM NDT
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High plus 3. UV index 6 or high.
A few clouds. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low minus 8 except minus 15 in low lying areas.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. High 7.
|Mainly sunny||Snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Rain showers or flurries||Flurries or rain showers|
-2° | -5°
28° | 23°
0° | -9°
32° | 16°
4° | -9°
39° | 16°
6° | -3°
43° | 27°
6° | -1°
43° | 30°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Washout closes section of Northern Peninsula highway
- Motorists travelling on Newfoundland's Northern Peninsula were getting nowhere fast Thursday after a washout closed a section of the highway.
- Updated Bill Barry withdraws from Tory leadership race
- Corner Brook businessman Bill Barry has taken his name out of the running for Newfoundland and Labrador's PC leadership, virtually ensuring Frank Coleman will become the province's next premier.
- Updated Crews step up Deer Park search for missing fisherman
- Three ground search and rescue teams, including a helicopter and two hovercraft, are searching for an overdue fisherman who has been missing from the Deer Park area off the Salmonier Line.
- New Easter weekend snowfall looms for most of Newfoundland
- Special weather statements have been issued for much of Newfoundland over the Easter weekend as a low pressure system is expected to bring a spring snowfall to the island.
- New FashioNL: Spring colours
- The CBC's Paula Gale strolled through downtown St. John's last week looking for signs of the season. Select your favourite photos in our regular fun feature.