Set Buchans as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 12, 14 at 1:30 PM NDT
Feels like: -5
Feels like: 23
Sunrise: 7:38 AM
Sunset: 7:17 PM
SW 7 km/h
Pressure: 100.2 kPa
A few flurries
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM NDT Wed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM NDT
A few flurries ending near noon then mainly cloudy. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High plus 2.
Mainly cloudy. Periods of snow beginning overnight. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 10.
Snow changing to ice pellets or freezing rain near noon then to rain in the afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 cm. Rainfall amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind becoming east 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the morning then south 40 gusting to 70 in the afternoon. High 6.
|Rain||Cloudy||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Periods of snow|
-2° | -6°
28° | 21°
-4° | -19°
25° | -2°
2° | -9°
36° | 16°
-2° | -8°
28° | 18°
-2° | -4°
28° | 25°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Province to deliver on promise of whistleblower law
- In Wednesday's throne speech in the house of assembly, the provincial government promised to deliver on its unfulfilled promise for whistleblower legislation.
- Call that Virginia Waters byelection already, Liberals say
- Premier Tom Marshall is being pressured to call a byelection in the district of Virginia Waters, following a pep rally the Liberals held Tuesday night to bolster candidate Cathy Bennett.
- 3 men charged with sexual interference in St. Anthony
- RCMP say the alleged offences involved someone under the age of 18.
- Snow, slick roads strike eastern Newfoundland
- Numerous schools across eastern Newfoundland closed for at least the morning Wednesday as road conditions rapidly deteriorated in heavy snow.
- Feature Cougar 491: Five years later
- Today marks the fifth anniversary of the crash of Cougar 491. Seventeen people lost their lives and one survived when the helicopter plummeted into the North Atlantic.