Set Buchans as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 17, 14 at 6:30 AM NDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: -6
Feels like: 21
Sunrise: 6:23 AM
Sunset: 8:11 PM
W 8 km/h
Pressure: 103.1 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 17, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT Thu Apr 17, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40. High zero. UV index 6 or high.
Clearing this evening. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low minus 10 except minus 15 in low lying areas.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud near noon. High 6.
|Mainly sunny||Snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Cloudy|
-1° | -6°
30° | 21°
0° | -11°
32° | 12°
6° | -10°
43° | 14°
6° | -4°
43° | 25°
7° | -2°
45° | 28°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Updated Bill Barry withdraws from Tory leadership race
- Corner Brook businessman Bill Barry has taken his name out of the running for Newfoundland and Labrador's PC leadership, virtually ensuring Frank Coleman will become the province's next premier.
- New 4 icebound sealers safe after airlift off Fogo Island
- Four sealers were airlifted Wednesday night from a vessel that got stuck in ice off Newfoundland's northeast coast.
- New Weather, power loss cause record school closures this year
- Some students in Newfoundland and Labrador have missed three and even four weeks of class time because of harsh weather and power outages.
- New Rex Murphy: A true loss in John Furlong video
- Rex Murphy knew John Furlong for decades, and credits him as a brilliant journalist who provided help when he needed it most.
- Cabbie beaten in St. John's, forefinger and thumb severed
- A part-time taxi driver, who is a foreign student from Pakistan attending university in St. John's, was viciously attacked by a passenger early Sunday in St. John's.