Set Englee as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 12, 14 at 7:30 AM NDT
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 7:36 AM
Sunset: 7:13 PM
SE 24 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Periods of snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 12, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT Wed Mar 12, 14 at 5:30 AM NDT
Periods of snow ending this afternoon then mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Amount 2 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 this afternoon. High minus 3.
Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries this evening. Periods of snow beginning before morning. Wind southwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming west 20 after midnight then light before morning. Low minus 14.
Snow at times heavy changing to ice pellets in the afternoon then to freezing rain in the evening. Snow and ice pellet amount possibly reaching 15 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 near noon then increasing to 50 gusting to 70. High minus 6.
|Snow at times heavy or ice pellets||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Flurries||Periods of snow|
-5° | -12°
23° | 10°
-8° | -18°
18° | -0°
-1° | -9°
30° | 16°
-5° | -8°
23° | 18°
-5° | -6°
23° | 21°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Duckworth hotel proposal draws praise, condemnation
- A proposal to put a boutique hotel on Duckworth Street in downtown St. John's attracted passionate opinions during a public hearing on Tuesday night.
- New Condo market rapidly cooling off in St. John's area
- It's been years of boom for the real estate market in the Northeast Avalon, but things are rapidly cooling off for at least one big sector.
- Feature Cougar 491: Five years later
- Today marks the fifth anniversary of the crash of Cougar 491. Seventeen people lost their lives and one survived when the helicopter plummeted into the North Atlantic.
- St. John's tenants face power cutoff, landlord hasn't paid bill
- A couple of renters in St. John's who are living on social assistance are saying they've been living in terrible conditions for months, without any word from their landlord since they moved in.
- Photos Vessels breaking the ice, worst conditions in decades
- Ferry crews and passengers all over Newfoundland and Labrador and Atlantic Canada say the water seems clear enough near the shore, but head further out and it's nothing but ice as far as the eye can see.