Set Englee as default location
Current ConditionsTue Mar 03, 15 at 8:30 AM NST
Feels like: -21
Feels like: -6
Sunrise: 6:55 AM
Sunset: 5:57 PM
NW 68 km/h
Pressure: 98.0 kPa
Flurries at times heavy
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Tue Mar 03, 15 at 5:30 AM NST Tue Mar 03, 15 at 5:30 AM NST
Snow at times heavy changing to a few flurries this morning and ending this afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud. Blowing snow. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 80 increasing to 70 gusting to 100 this morning then diminishing to 50 gusting to 80 this afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 7.
Clearing this evening. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 80 becoming west 40 gusting to 60 except gusting to 90 in the Canada Bay area. Low minus 20. Cold wind chill minus 33.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy near noon then periods of snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southeast 20 gusting to 40 in the afternoon. High minus 8. Cold wind chill minus 33.
|Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
-5° | -12°
23° | 10°
-13° | -17°
9° | 1°
-7° | -17°
19° | 1°
-7° | -9°
19° | 16°
-10° | -17°
14° | 1°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Two dead in overnight house fire in Cartwright
- Firefighters and the RCMP remain on the scene of a fire that took the lives of two people and destroyed a house in Cartwright overnight Monday.
- New Blowing snow closes schools in central and western Newfoundland
- Winter weather closed schools in much of Newfoundland and Labrador on Tuesday, with blowing snow and winds causing heavy drifting on the province's roads and highways.
- Live Access to information review to be released today
- An independent commission chaired by former premier Clyde Wells is set to release its report on Tuesday morning. CBC will carry live online video of the release, as well as updates on the report's recommendations.
- Updated Underage bar patrons: 'There's always somebody'
- A young woman who frequented downtown bars as an underager says club owners are losing the battle when it comes keeping minors outside their doors.
- New Quinlan’s lawsuit: defendants say 'secret' info not secret
- Two of the defendants in a lawsuit filed by Quinlan Brothers Ltd. say they have not misappropriated private company information, and that the plaintiff has itself disclosed some of the information in question in the past.