Set Shelburne as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jan 26, 15 at 8:00 AM AST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 5:23 PM
N 10 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jan 26, 15 at 5:00 AM AST Mon Jan 26, 15 at 5:00 AM AST
A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing near noon. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light late this morning. Wind becoming northeast 20 late this afternoon. High minus 5.
Increasing cloudiness. Snow at times heavy and blowing snow beginning after midnight. Amount 10 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h increasing to 40 gusting to 60 late this evening then to 60 gusting to 90 before morning. Low minus 8.
Snow mixed with ice pellets changing to a few rain showers early in the evening. Risk of freezing rain in the afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Blowing snow in the morning and afternoon. Wind northeast 60 km/h gusting to 90 except gusting to 120 along parts of the coast in the morning and early in the afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 40 gusting to 70 late in the afternoon. High plus 1.
|Snow or rain||Rain showers or flurries||Sunny||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Chance of flurries||Cloudy|
1° | 0°
34° | 32°
-1° | -6°
30° | 21°
3° | -5°
37° | 23°
-4° | -4°
25° | 25°
-5° | -8°
23° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- David Wynn's funeral to be broadcast in Cookville, N.S.
- People in the Bridgewater area will be able to watch the funeral for RCMP Const. David Wynn this afternoon.
- New Maritime winter storm already causing travel cancellations
- A low-pressure system developing off the U.S. seaboard today has prompted weather warnings for much of the Maritimes, where there are already travel cancellations.
- New Loaves and Fishes food bank demand up 10 per cent
- A community kitchen and food bank in Sydney says the demand for its services is steadily growing.
- Asteroid 2004 BL86 zips past Earth today
- An asteroid bigger than the world's most massive cruise ships will fly past the Earth today, and you can watch online starting at 11 a.m. or try to see it with binoculars or a telescope tonight.
- Dozens of tires slashed in Halifax neighbourhood
- A man who lives on Dublin Street in Halifax says he woke up to discover flat tires on nearly every vehicle on the street Sunday morning.