Set Bloodvein as default location
Current ConditionsTue Dec 06, 16 at 12:00 PM CST
Feels like: -8
Feels like: 18
Sunrise: 8:19 AM
Sunset: 4:18 PM
N 16 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Dec 06, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Dec 06, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature falling to minus 5 this afternoon.
Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind north 30 km/h. Low minus 6.
Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind north 30 km/h. High minus 3.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We haven’t had an all out blizzard in a while but that’s what we are dealing with today. We should have 15cm down by supper time Tuesday but it will look like a lot more because of the winds and blowing snow. Winds will gust to 60km/h at leat through the entire day. I’m expecting another 5-10cm Tuesday night into Wednesday morning as the blizzard continues. Highways will be in terrible condition….. or even closed! Wind remains fairly strong on Wednesday with flurries. So… not much more accumulation on Wednesday and Thursday but blowing snow will still be an issue Wednesday morning and we could even see some lake effect accumulations depending strength and direction of wind. What also follows this system is an arctic outbreak. Daytime highs later in the week will be in the mid minus teens.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: N @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 25 in the afternoon.
- Police chief apologizes for language used to describe victim in homicide arrest
- Winnipeg police Chief Danny Smyth apologized Tuesday for the language used in recent police statements about the 2014 killing of Angela Marie Poorman.
- New Charges against dead toddler's stepsister dropped
- Charges against Jasmine Bushie, 22, the stepsister of Elektra Star Williams, a toddler who died in 2014, have been dropped.
- Southern Manitoba slammed by winter storm video
- Southern Manitoba is being battered by a winter storm that has shut down many schools, reduced visibility, turned roads into slippery and snow-covered messes and sent cars into ditches.
- Manitoba students among worst in Canada for math, science, reading
- The results of the most recent Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) show Manitoba ranks second last in Canada (just ahead of Saskatchewan) in both science and reading, and is third last in math.
- Winnipeg woman says she'd never sell sex on streets but online she has 'urge to get money'
- A Winnipeg woman, pimped out by her aunt at 18, said if she couldn't post ads on escort sites like Backpage, she would not be a sex-trade worker.