Set Cartwright as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 05, 13 at 9:00 AM AST
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 7:48 AM
Sunset: 3:30 PM
NNW 37 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
Periods of snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 05, 13 at 6:00 AM AST Thu Dec 05, 13 at 6:00 AM AST
Periods of snow. Risk of freezing drizzle early this morning. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind north 60 km/h gusting to 80 becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 this afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 1.
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 this evening then becoming light overnight. Low minus 4.
Cloudy. Periods of snow beginning in the morning and ending early in the evening then 60 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the evening. Wind becoming south 20 km/h in the morning then southwest 30 gusting to 50 early in the evening. High minus 1.
|Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
-5° | -8°
23° | 18°
-7° | -9°
19° | 16°
-6° | -9°
21° | 16°
-8° | -16°
18° | 3°
-11° | -12°
12° | 10°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Storm surge in Placentia causes washouts
- Town officials in Placentia continue to keep a close eye on the beach and adjacent boardwalk, as a storm surge on Wednesday night tossed large rocks and other debris along the area known as Beach Road.
- New Lorraine Michael blames defecting MHAs for poll freefall video
- NDP Leader Lorraine Michael says the only reason her party tooka nosedive in a poll is because of Dale Kirby and Christopher Mitchelmore's decision to leave her caucus.
- New Dog cruelty case appals C.B.S. mayor
- A Conception Bay South man has been charged for abusing a dog in a case that the town's mayor says proves that a change to animal protection legislation is working.
- 16 too young to be on your own, Andrew Parsons says
- Newfoundland and Labrador's Liberal critic for Child, Youth and Family Services says it's time to revisit the age at which teenagers are able to live on their own while under the protection of the province.
- Burin Peninsula sisters with mystery disease look for answers
- Two sisters on the Burin Peninsula are living with a debilitating mystery disease, and local residents are fundraising to send one of them to a specialist in the U.S. to seek a diagnosis.