Set Cartwright as default location
Current ConditionsFri Mar 24, 17 at 5:00 AM ADT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: -27
Feels like: -17
Sunrise: 6:41 AM
Sunset: 7:08 PM
NW 34 km/h
A mix of sun and cloud
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 24, 17 at 6:00 AM ADT Fri Mar 24, 17 at 6:00 AM ADT
Clearing this morning. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 along parts of the coast this morning. Wind becoming light this morning then becoming southwest 20 gusting to 40 this afternoon. High minus 8. Wind chill minus 26 this morning. UV index 3 or moderate.
Increasing cloudiness. A few flurries beginning near midnight. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 11.
A few flurries ending in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 in the morning. High minus 8 with temperature falling to minus 14 in the afternoon.
|A few flurries||Chance of flurries||Flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New $750K down payment to buy Wabush Mines due Monday
- The future of Wabush Mines will become a little clearer Monday, since that’s the deadline for companies interested in purchasing the shuttered operation to have a $750,000 down payment ready.
- Live Blog See it all in the CBC N.L. daily live blog!
- Follow updates from CBC newsrooms in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- University curling champs have eyes set on Brier berth video
- Memorial University's Team Boland is hoping it will be the next squad to wear the Newfoundland and Labrador colours at the Tim Horton's Brier.
- Donations pouring in for woman paralyzed in Pitts Memorial rollover video
- A young woman is being told she will never walk again following a car accident on Pitts Memorial Drive on Monday morning.
- 2 accidents west of Gander during evening commute
- Two vehicles have crashed in separate incidents on the Trans Canada Highway west of Gander.