Beaver Island, NS
Set Beaver Island as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 27, 15 at 10:00 AM AST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 7:36 AM
Sunset: 5:11 PM
ENE 81 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 27, 15 at 5:00 AM AST Tue Jan 27, 15 at 5:00 AM AST
Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets changing to ice pellets or freezing rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 40 to 50 cm. Blowing snow. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 increasing to 60 gusting to 90 except gusting to 110 along parts of the coast late this morning and this afternoon. High zero.
Ice pellets or freezing rain changing to rain showers early this evening and ending after midnight then cloudy. Rainfall amount 2 to 4 mm. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Wind becoming south 30 gusting to 50 after midnight. Temperature rising to plus 4 this evening then steady.
Cloudy. A few flurries beginning near noon. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 in the morning then becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 in the afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 5 in the afternoon.
|A few flurries||Sunny||Cloudy||Periods of snow or rain||Sunny||Flurries|
-3° | -11°
27° | 12°
1° | -7°
34° | 19°
3° | -3°
37° | 27°
-9° | -9°
16° | 16°
-7° | -11°
19° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Live Maritimes storm: Schools closed, flights cancelled as blizzard bears down video
- Blizzard warnings have been issued for almost every county in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick as a winter storm bears down on the Maritimes.
- Photos Blizzard blasts the Maritimes
- A blizzard is dumping snow and stirring up strong winds today, with blizzard warnings in place for almost every county in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.
- Ryan Millet, Dalhousie student in Facebook scandal, will return to disciplinary hearing
- The lawyer for a Dalhousie University dentistry student says his client has agreed to return to a disciplinary hearing investigating his role in a Facebook page that contained sexually violent content aimed at his classmates.
- New Souls Harbour wins $100K Aviva grant for new kitchen
- A food bank in Halifax is about to get a serious makeover after winning a $100,000 grant from the Aviva Community Fund.
- Former St. Andrew's Anglican Church in Lawrencetown for sale
- The former St. Andrew’s Anglican Church in Lawrencetown, a registered municipal heritage property built in the 1840s, is up for sale for $22,000.