Halifax (Shearwater), NS
Set Halifax (Shearwater) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 AM AST
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 6:44 AM
Sunset: 6:07 PM
NNW 14 km/h
Pressure: 102.3 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 06, 15 at 5:00 AM AST Fri Mar 06, 15 at 5:00 AM AST
Clearing early this morning. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light near noon. High minus 6. Cold wind chill minus 25 this morning. UV index 3 or moderate.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 10.
Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries late in the morning and in the afternoon. Clearing in the evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High zero.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-2° | -6°
28° | 21°
-1° | -9°
30° | 16°
0° | -5°
32° | 23°
6° | -1°
43° | 30°
2° | -2°
36° | 28°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Convergys call centre closing date pushed ahead to August
- The Convergys call centre in New Glasgow is closing sooner than planned.
- Halifax man desperate for bone marrow transplant from brother in Gaza
- A Halifax man desperate for a life saving bone marrow transplant is pleading with the Canadian government to help his brother, who is a match, leave Gaza so he might be saved.
- Cape Breton University community calls for free post-secondary tuition
- Leaders at Cape Breton University want to spur a national discussion about free education.
- P.K. Subban surprises Truro teen with meet after Canadiens game
- A 14-year-old boy from Truro, N.S., got the surprise of a lifetime when he got to meet his hockey hero, NHL defenceman P.K. Subban, after a recent Montreal Canadiens home game.
- Nova Scotia to amend bill on sexual assault, removing time limits on civil suits
- Victims of sexual assault in Nova Scotia would be able to launch civil lawsuits regardless of when the assault took place under changes to the law promised Thursday by the province's justice minister.