Halifax (Shearwater), NS
Set Halifax (Shearwater) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 09, 15 at 5:00 AM ADT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:21 AM
Sunset: 6:42 PM
NW 1 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Oct 09, 15 at 5:00 AM ADT Fri Oct 09, 15 at 5:00 AM ADT
Increasing cloudiness. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this afternoon. High 15. UV index 3 or moderate.
Cloudy. Rain beginning late this evening. Amount 10 mm. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 after midnight. Low 9.
Periods of rain ending early in the morning then clearing. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 10.
|Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Periods of rain||Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New Traffic tie-ups predicted during Sydney paving Friday
- The Public Works Department of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality is warning of traffic issues Friday when it begins a paving job on Argyle Street.
- New Canada's poor overlooked as federal parties woo middle-class voters
- Federal political parties are pandering to the middle class in this election and ignoring the plight of people living every day in poverty, a Halifax public housing resident said Thursday.
- McNabs Island hiker wanders off trail; helicopter called in
- An elderly man was being airlifted Thursday night from McNabs Island after getting lost.
- Stolen Charles Darwin book to be returned to Halifax university
- U.S. Homeland Security and Canada's RCMP got together in New York for the handover of a rare book stolen from Mount Saint Vincent University's library, a first edition of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species.
- 6 things you need to know if there's a minority government audio
- A minority government is becoming a more likely scenario, polls suggest, as Canadians get ready to vote Oct. 19.