Halifax (Shearwater), NS
Set Halifax (Shearwater) as default location
Current ConditionsSat Mar 08, 14 at 3:00 AM AST
Feels like: -1
Feels like: 30
Sunrise: 6:40 AM
Sunset: 6:10 PM
E 3 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
A few showers or drizzle
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 07, 14 at 4:00 PM AST Fri Mar 07, 14 at 4:00 PM AST
Clear. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Fog patches developing overnight. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Low minus 3 except minus 8 inland.
Cloudy. A few rain showers or periods of drizzle beginning late in the morning. Risk of freezing drizzle early in the morning. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming northwest 20 in the afternoon. High plus 3.
Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries early in the evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low minus 8.
|A few showers or drizzle||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Cloudy||Cloudy||Snow|
-3° | -11°
27° | 12°
2° | -6°
36° | 21°
-4° | -8°
25° | 18°
-2° | -6°
28° | 21°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Disabled RCMP vets strike benefits deal with Ottawa
- The lead plaintiff in the case says the benefits of the agreement apply beyond the 1,000 class members whose disability payments were clawed back.
- Nova Star ferry will employ few Nova Scotians
- Nova Scotia is spending $21 million to get the Yarmouth ferry re-started, but that doesn’t guarantee any Nova Scotia jobs on the ship.
- Pictou leaders plan recovery from Michelin cuts
- A team of community leaders is being assembled in Pictou County, N.S., to respond to the fallout of job cuts at the Michelin tire plant.
- Shipbuilding memo shows more delays, cost overruns video
- An internal government memo obtained by CBC News shows that all four parts of the government's huge shipbuilding program are either over budget, behind schedule, or both.
- Molotov cocktails thrown at shale gas protests nets charges
- A 20-year-old man from Eskasoni, N.S., is facing charges for allegedly throwing Molotov cocktails at RCMP during the shale gas protests in Rexton, N.B.