Halifax (Shearwater), NS
Set Halifax (Shearwater) as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 16, 14 at 7:00 PM ADT
Sunrise: 6:29 AM
Sunset: 7:59 PM
NW 28 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 16, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Wed Apr 16, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Clearing early this evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 5.
Sunny. Wind north 20 km/h becoming east 20 in the afternoon. High 7 except plus 2 along parts of the coast. UV index 6 or high.
Clear. Wind east 20 km/h. Low minus 4.
|Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Showers|
8° | 0°
46° | 32°
11° | -2°
52° | 28°
10° | -1°
50° | 30°
8° | 3°
46° | 37°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New 464 teachers still eligible to complete banned DVD course
- Despite the provincial government’s decision to no longer qualify teachers for automatic pay increases when they complete DVD courses from Drake University, 464 teachers are still eligible for the courses and subsequent pay raise.
- Halifax's auditor general slams city sick leave programs
- Halifax’s auditor general is criticizing how sick leave is managed at the city and says in a new report that the benefit is being treated as an entitlement and form of compensation by some employees.
- Updated Possible North Preston gang ties probed in sex assault case
- The case of two 18-year-old’s accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl and holding her in a North Preston basement for two days could be linked to a notorious gang.
- Video Mudslide closes part of road near Margaree Forks video
- A mudslide in Margaree Forks, Cape Breton, has covered a road with mud and debris, closing one lane.
- Provinces join forces to measure distress of cancer patients
- Three provinces in Atlantic Canada are joining forces to measure the distress of cancer patients.