Halifax (Shearwater), NS
Set Halifax (Shearwater) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 31, 14 at 7:00 PM ADT
Sunrise: 7:50 AM
Sunset: 6:06 PM
NE 6 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Oct 31, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Fri Oct 31, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy this evening. 60 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h overnight. Low plus 5.
Cloudy. Rain beginning early in the morning. Amount 15 mm. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 40 gusting to 70 near noon. High 8.
Periods of rain. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near 8.
|Rain||Periods of rain||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers|
6° | 3°
43° | 37°
10° | 0°
50° | 32°
10° | 5°
50° | 41°
12° | 7°
54° | 45°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Bryony House lottery deadline passes; fails to meet sales goals
- Despite being granted an extension to try to sell more tickets, the Bryony House Dare to Dream lottery has ended with far fewer tickets sold than hoped.
- FORECAST Bundle up for chilly Halloween in the Maritimes
- CBC meteorologist Kalin Mitchell says Mother Nature has a treat of a forecast for us tonight, then she brings the trick for the weekend.
- New Deer on Quinpool Road backs up traffic in Halifax video
- Traffic was backed up on Quinpool Road in Halifax on Friday afternoon after a deer, which may have been in the back of a pickup truck, died near Connaught Avenue.
- Health authority merger structure unveiled in Nova Scotia
- The Nova Scotia government has unveiled the new, leaner health structure it plans to launch on April 1 — a provincial health authority with significantly fewer top bureaucrats.
- Chronicle Herald issues layoff notices to 20 newsroom staff
- One of the last remaining independently owned newspapers in Canada issued layoff notices to 20 unionized newsroom staff on Friday.