Set Placentia as default location
Current ConditionsFri Apr 18, 14 at 11:30 PM NDT
Sunrise: 6:13 AM
Sunset: 7:58 PM
Pressure: 103.2 kPa
Snow or rain
Summary(Celsius) Fri Apr 18, 14 at 4:00 PM NDT Fri Apr 18, 14 at 4:00 PM NDT
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness near midnight then snow beginning before morning. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 early this evening. Low minus 4.
Snow or ice pellets changing to rain or drizzle near noon. Risk of freezing rain late in the morning. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Rainfall amount 2 mm. Fog patches in the afternoon. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light in the morning. High plus 2.
Rain or drizzle ending in the evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the evening. Low minus 1.
|Snow or rain||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of showers|
4° | -7°
39° | 19°
7° | -4°
45° | 25°
6° | -1°
43° | 30°
7° | 1°
45° | 34°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Frank Coleman defends anti-abortion views as private
- Frank Coleman, the Corner Brook businessman who is poised to become Newfoundland and Labrador's next premier, defended on Friday his participation in anti-abortion rallies at a local hospital.
- Gushue | When a byelection's meaning extends beyond voting day
- Cathy Bennett's win in Virginia Waters marks the first time since the 1990s that the Liberals won a vote in St. John's, and could be a harbinger of a significant shift, writes John Gushue
- Trans-Labrador Highway upgrades needed now, family says
- Construction on the Trans-Labrador Highway isn't happening soon enough, according to some residents who are frustrated with the unpaved road south of Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
- Illegal hunting investigation nets 3 convictions
- Three men have been convicted of poaching wildlife in eastern and central parts of the province.
- WAM Picks: Music sessions for day strollers and night crawlers
- Every week, WAM Host Jamie Fitzpatrick chooses music, theatre, festivals and events to fill your social schedule.