Set Placentia as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 18, 14 at 8:30 AM NST
Sunrise: 7:48 AM
Sunset: 4:17 PM
SE 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Chance of showers or drizzle
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 18, 14 at 5:30 AM NST Thu Dec 18, 14 at 5:30 AM NST
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle this morning. Periods of rain beginning this afternoon. Amount 5 mm. Fog patches developing this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 then increasing to 40 gusting to 60 near noon. High 6.
Periods of rain. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Fog patches. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southwest 40 gusting to 60 before morning. Temperature steady near 6.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind southwest 50 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 near noon. Temperature steady near plus 5.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Chance of showers|
1° | -2°
34° | 28°
1° | -7°
34° | 19°
1° | -6°
34° | 21°
4° | -4°
39° | 25°
5° | 2°
41° | 36°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New St. John's Morning Show 'lowed mummers in. Hear what happened audio
- The St. John's Morning Show has the the debut of of brand-new version of the Mummers Song.
- New Brookfield Plains development too big, say residents video
- Residents in a neighbourhood that borders St. John's and Mount Pearl say they're willing to compromise with a developer who wants to build in the area.
- New Two Cormorant helicopters make emergency landings within month
- Two search and rescue helicopters declared emergencies while in the air since November.
- Husky decision 'disappointing,' but Nalcor, NOIA still optimistic
- The announcement Wednesday that Husky Energy would be deferring the final investment decision for its West White Rose oilfield extension project comes at a time when oil prices have hit five-year low, but people in the offshore say the project is still bound to move ahead.
- Sex workers given voice with red umbrella protest video
- A group in St. John's used red umbrellas on Wednesday to protest Canada's new prostitution bill.