Set Placentia as default location
Current ConditionsFri Mar 06, 15 at 6:30 PM NST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 6:38 AM
Sunset: 5:57 PM
W 32 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 PM NST Fri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 PM NST
Clear early this evening then partly cloudy with flurries beginning this evening. Blowing snow over exposed areas late this evening and after midnight. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming west 20 overnight. Low minus 12.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 near noon. High minus 4.
Flurries. Amount 2 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near minus 4.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-1° | -7°
30° | 19°
-3° | -6°
27° | 21°
0° | -8°
32° | 18°
-2° | -4°
28° | 25°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Justice for Cliffie: T-shirts causing friction in Raymond Stacey murder case
- The family of a man who was murdered in Mount Pearl in January say they will continue wearing T-shirts to court that show a photo of his face and a message that reads: "Justice for Cliffie."
- First polar bear hunt unforgettable for Labrador woman
- Sherri Wolfrey of Rigolet had no problems taking pictures of the first polar bear she has ever seen, but when the Labrador woman raised her rifle to kill the massive carnivore, she just couldn't do it.
- ExxonMobil's NAFTA win over oil R&D called 'corporate bullying'
- Ottawa has been ordered to pay ExxonMobil and another oil company $17.3 million, following a complaint that the companies were required to spend money in Newfoundland and Labrador on research and development.
- New Ryan Snoddon: Bitter cold temps, wind chills - and puddles?
- The CBC's Ryan Snoddon says while it's freezing outside and the snow is melting, those puddles you see around town are normal.
- NDP candidates feeling good heading into the homestretch
- Two of the three candidates vying for the leadership of the New Democratic Party of Newfoundland and Labrador say Saturday's convention in St. John's will serve as a much-needed springboard heading into an upcoming provincial general election.