Set Placentia as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 14, 16 at 7:30 PM NST
Feels like: -13
Feels like: 9
Sunrise: 7:14 AM
Sunset: 5:26 PM
NNE 13 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 14, 16 at 4:00 PM NST Sun Feb 14, 16 at 4:00 PM NST
Mainly cloudy. Periods of snow beginning this evening and ending overnight. Local amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 after midnight. Low minus 10.
Flurries and snow squalls. Local blowing snow. Local amount 5 cm in snow squalls. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 60 increasing to 50 gusting to 80 near noon. High minus 5.
Flurries ending overnight then partly cloudy. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Local amount 2 cm. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 before morning. Temperature steady near minus 5.
|Flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of rain||Chance of rain showers or flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Going bankrupt a bitter pill for N.L. worker in wake of oil price collapse
- Jamie Parsons appeared to have it all a year ago: a job in the oilsands earning $140,000 and a strong sense of pride and self-respect. The oil crash ripped it all away.
- New She flies high: At 90, N.L's first female pilot looks back audio
- Nearly 69 years after she took flight for the first time, Newfoundland and Labrador’s first female pilot is looking back on her accomplishments.
- Sweat, nausea and tears: a Gros Morne Mountain proposal
- Tony Leitao wanted to propose to his girlfriend in a dramatic fashion. And drama, he got.
- Cold weather brings Hydro power watch to Avalon customers
- Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is notifying customers on the Avalon that there is a short-term power watch in effect for the next 24 to 48 hours as cold temperatures are expected to move into the island.
- Unforgettable: The jazz stylings of Abra Whitney and Bill Brennan video
- Abra Whitney and Bill Brennan performed jazz classics for listeners on CBC Radio's Crosstalk on Friday.