Set Kugaaruk as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 10:00 AM MDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 1:59 AM
Sunset: 10:13 PM
ESE 9 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 24. UV index 4 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light overnight. Low 12.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the morning. A few showers beginning near noon and ending early in the evening. Clearing in the evening. Wind becoming west 20 km/h near noon. Temperature falling to 6 in the afternoon.
|A few showers||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Cloudy||Cloudy||Cloudy|
13° | 5°
55° | 41°
11° | 10°
52° | 50°
9° | 7°
48° | 45°
10° | 6°
50° | 43°
10° | 5°
50° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Highway 3 residents asked to evacuate to Yellowknife
- The Government of the Northwest Territories is asking people living along Highway 3 between Yellowknife and kilometre 300 (just past Boundary Creek) to voluntarily evacuate to Yellowknife.
- Photos Fire in the sky: 'Apocalypse' thunderstorm rolls into Yellowknife
- Smoke followed by thunderclouds brought nightfall early to Yellowknife Wednesday. People took to social media to post photos of the skies described as everything from "eerie" to "the apocalypse."
- Canadian North plane makes emergency landing in Taloyoak
- A Canadian North Dash-8 aircraft travelling to Taloyoak, Nunavut, from Kugaaruk on Monday had to declare an emergency when one of its two engines failed.
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias fined $1K for refusing breathalyzer
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias was fined $1,000 Wednesday and banned from driving for a year for refusing to provide a breathalyzer sample to police.
- Avalon's exploration camp converted to base for fire crews
- This week, Avalon's Nechalacho exploration site is more than a mining operation. It's also a fire base camp to fight a nearby forest fire.