Set Calgary as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 19, 17 at 9:00 AM MST
Sunrise: 8:30 AM
Sunset: 5:05 PM
N 2 km/h
Pressure: 99.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 19, 17 at 5:00 AM MST Thu Jan 19, 17 at 5:00 AM MST
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. High 6.
Partly cloudy. Low minus 5.
A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 3.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Analysis Could the oilsands really be phased out? Here are the possibilities video
- The prime minister's comments on phasing out the oilsands caused a political tempest in Alberta, but not much of a ripple in the business community. Because phasing out the oilsands would be really hard, very expensive and bad for the economy.
- Opinion Arlene Dickinson on Kevin O'Leary's entry into Conservative leadership race video
- 'He’s the business community’s worst spokesperson. Why? Because he represents capitalism in its very worst form — a soulless system that bases decisions solely on dollars and cents, profit and margin.' Arlene Dickinson on Kevin O'Leary and his entry into the Conservative leadership race.
- Ontario displaces Alberta in new vehicle sales per capita
- Albertans have historically spent more — by far — on new cars and trucks than people in any other province but the per-capita title now belongs to Ontarians, according to the latest sales data from Statistics Canada.
- Douglas Garland's triple murder trial hears investigators collected teeth, bone and bloody bedding
- Two teeth, bloody footprints, children's pyjamas, a lock with drill marks in it and bloodstained bedding — these were just some of the items photographed and sent for testing by a Calgary officer during the investigation into the deaths of a five-year-old boy and his grandparents. Const. Derek Alexon from the forensic crime scene unit testified on Wednesday at Douglas Garland's triple murder trial.
- Langevin Bridge to be renamed Reconciliation Bridge in spirit of 'truth and healing'
- An iconic Calgary bridge is set to be renamed as part of the city's reconciliation efforts with Canada's Indigenous peoples.