Set Bonavista as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 17, 14 at 1:30 PM NDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:09 AM
Sunset: 7:55 PM
NW 21 km/h
Pressure: 103.6 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 17, 14 at 11:00 AM NDT Thu Apr 17, 14 at 11:00 AM NDT
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High plus 4. UV index 5 or moderate.
A few clouds. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low minus 8 except minus 15 in low lying inland areas.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. High 7.
|Mainly sunny||Snow or rain||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Flurries or rain showers|
2° | -6°
36° | 21°
0° | -6°
32° | 21°
3° | -7°
37° | 19°
4° | -2°
39° | 28°
4° | -1°
39° | 30°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Updated Washout closes section of Northern Peninsula highway
- Motorists travelling on Newfoundland's Northern Peninsula were getting nowhere fast Thursday after a washout closed a section of the highway.
- Bill Barry withdraws from Tory leadership race
- Corner Brook businessman Bill Barry has taken his name out of the running for Newfoundland and Labrador's PC leadership, virtually ensuring Frank Coleman will become the province's next premier.
- New FashioNL: Spring colours
- The CBC's Paula Gale strolled through downtown St. John's last week looking for signs of the season. Select your favourite photos in our regular fun feature.
- New Easter weekend snowfall looms for most of Newfoundland
- Special weather statements have been issued for much of Newfoundland over the Easter weekend as a low pressure system is expected to bring a spring snowfall to the island.
- Search resumes in Deer Park area for missing fisherman
- Three ground search and rescue teams, including a helicopter and two hovercraft, are searching for an overdue fisherman who has been missing from the Deer Park area off the Salmonier Line.