Set Bonavista as default location
Current ConditionsSat Mar 28, 15 at 1:30 PM NDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:50 AM
Sunset: 7:25 PM
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Periods of light snow
Snow at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Sat Mar 28, 15 at 11:00 AM NDT Sat Mar 28, 15 at 11:00 AM NDT
Cloudy. Periods of light snow beginning this afternoon. Temperature falling to plus 1 this afternoon except temperature steady near zero along the coast. UV index 3 or moderate.
Periods of light snow changing to snow at times heavy this evening. Amount 15 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas overnight. Wind becoming north 30 km/h gusting to 50 near midnight. Low minus 3.
Snow ending in the afternoon then mainly cloudy. Amount 5 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the morning. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 20 gusting to 40 in the afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 3.
|Snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud|
2° | -7°
36° | 19°
2° | -5°
36° | 23°
2° | -3°
36° | 27°
1° | -3°
34° | 27°
3° | -5°
37° | 23°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Updated Future Shop stores closed across Canada, some to become Best Buy
- Dozens of Future Shop stores have been closed across Canada, its parent company Best Buy Canada Ltd. announced Saturday.
- New RNC respond to separate reports of assaults in St. John's area
- Members of the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary responded to two reports of domestic disturbance in St. John's on Friday.
- Province leaving Hopedale high and dry: AngajukKâk Jimmy Tuttauk
- An ongoing water emergency in Hopedale has many residents relying on bottled water to meet their basic needs — and the community's AngajukKâk says the Newfoundland and Labrador government isn't doing enough to help.
- Teen facing assault charges after incident at St. John's school
- The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary were called to a school in the central area of St. John's Friday morning after receiving complaints of an assault.
- In Newfoundland and Labrador, where fishery has been focus, literacy rates lag
- Newfoundland and Labrador trails much of Canada when it comes to literacy, largely because of our historical connection to the fishery and other labour-intensive industries, rather than a focus on formal learning.