Dempster (Highway), YT
Set Dempster (Highway) as default location
Data from Environment Canada is not available
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 27, 15 at 4:00 PM PST Tue Jan 27, 15 at 4:00 PM PST
Clear. Low minus 32 except minus 41 in low lying areas.
Sunny. High minus 27 except minus 35 in low lying areas.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 25. Cold wind chill minus 34. Risk of frostbite.
-25° | -27°
-13° | -17°
-19° | -25°
-2° | -13°
-24° | -27°
-11° | -17°
-23° | -27°
-9° | -17°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Christy's weather: Highs near -40 for Old Crow, Dawson City
- CBC North meteorologist Christy Climenhaga has your forecast for Wednesday, Jan. 28.
- Wolverine mine shutdown not a shock to industry insiders
- Yukon Chamber of Mines says mine closure highlights need to lower operating costs in North.
- Survey: Whitehorse residents want green spaces over heavy industry
- An online survey done over the past few months indicates people are happy to live in Whitehorse and prefer natural spaces over industry, even if it means fewer jobs.
- Frac sand drilling plans in North Arm, including popular beach, raise concerns
- The Yellowknives Dene First Nation, the North Slave Métis Alliance and the Tlicho government have all expressed concerns with Husky Oil Operation's plan to drill west of Yellowknife for silica, a type of sand used during the process of hydraulic fracturing.
- Boa constrictors in Yellowknife seeking permanent homes
- At least five snakes in Yellowknife are in search of permanent homes, leaving the Great Slave Animal Hospital at 'exotic pet capacity.'