North Mountain (Cape Breton), NS
Set North Mountain (Cape Breton) as default location
Current ConditionsWed Dec 11, 13 at 11:00 AM AST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 7:38 AM
Sunset: 4:14 PM
WNW 37 km/h
Flurries at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Wed Dec 11, 13 at 11:00 AM AST Wed Dec 11, 13 at 11:00 AM AST
Flurries and local snow squalls. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Local blowing snow. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near minus 5.
Flurries at times heavy. Local amount 5 cm except 10 cm over the Highlands. Local blowing snow. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 7.
Flurries. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Local blowing snow. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near minus 8.
|Flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Snow||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-7° | -10°
19° | 14°
2° | -8°
36° | 18°
-1° | -1°
30° | 30°
-5° | -6°
23° | 21°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Scott Jones says he was attacked for being gay video
- In one of his first interviews since the attack, Scott Jones says he thinks he was targeted because he is one of the few openly gay men in New Glasgow, N.S.
- Rehtaeh Parsons prompted hospital review expected today
- An independent expert appointed by the Nova Scotia government to review mental health programs and policies at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax in the aftermath of the Rehtaeh Parsons case is to release her report today.
- Updated Canada Post to phase out urban home mail delivery video
- Canada Post is phasing out door-to-door delivery of regular mail to urban residents and increasing the cost of stamps in a major move to try to reduce significant, regular losses.
- Icy roads cause traffic woes for Nova Scotia drivers
- Icy roads are being blamed for a number of crashes on the 100-series highways in Nova Scotia this morning.
- Man in wheelchair struck by vehicle in Halifax crosswalk
- Another person has been hit in a marked crosswalk in the Halifax area, marking the eighth such incident since the beginning of December.