North Mountain (Cape Breton), NS
Set North Mountain (Cape Breton) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 29, 14 at 12:00 AM ADT
Sunrise: 6:17 AM
Sunset: 7:49 PM
ESE 17 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 28, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Thu Aug 28, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this evening. Showers beginning this evening. Risk of thundershowers this evening. Local amount 30 mm. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 overnight. Low 14.
Showers ending in the afternoon then clearing. Amount 5 mm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. High 18. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light overnight. Low 10 except 6 inland.
|Showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
24° | 14°
75° | 57°
23° | 16°
73° | 61°
23° | 13°
73° | 55°
25° | 17°
77° | 63°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- N.S. fracking moratorium should continue, panel recommends
- An independent panel is recommending that hydraulic fracturing not be allowed in Nova Scotia until there is more research and a way is found to give local communities a say in the process.
- Coyote problem declining in parts of Nova Scotia
- Some farmers in Nova Scotia are crediting a coyote cull for the declining number of attacks during the past few years,
- School boards install cameras to catch drivers passing buses
- School boards across the province are installing cameras to catch drivers breaking the law by passing school buses that have pulled over to let students on or off the bus.
- Nova Scotia, Alberta to recognize apprentices' qualifications
- Alberta and Nova Scotia want to give apprentices a chance to work in either province without having to take new exams to become certified.
- Background check violations at N.S. daycares 'staggering'
- The Nova Scotia government is cracking down on child-care centres without updated background checks on staff members.