North Mountain (Cape Breton), NS
Set North Mountain (Cape Breton) as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 27, 15 at 4:00 AM AST
Data from Environment Canada is not available Data from Environment Canada is not available
A few clouds
Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 PM AST Mon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 PM AST
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness overnight. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 before morning. Low minus 11.
Cloudy. Snow at times heavy beginning in the morning. Snow mixed with ice pellets late in the afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 15 cm. Blowing snow. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 70 becoming east 60 gusting to 90 except gusting to 130 from Margaree Harbour to Bay St. Lawrence late in the afternoon. High plus 1.
A few flurries or ice pellets changing to periods of rain near midnight. Risk of freezing rain in the evening. Snow and ice pellet amount 2 to 4 cm. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Blowing snow in the evening. Wind east 60 km/h gusting to 90 except gusting to 130 from Margaree Harbour to Bay St. Lawrence in the evening. Wind becoming southeast 30 gusting to 50 after midnight. Temperature rising to plus 4 by morning.
|Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets||Showers||Sunny||Cloudy||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries|
-3° | -7°
27° | 19°
-2° | -7°
28° | 19°
-1° | -2°
30° | 28°
-8° | -10°
18° | 14°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- FORECAST Nova Scotia blizzard to bring heavy snow, strong winds
- Here's what you can expect as an intense winter weather in the form of snow, ice pellets and high winds pushes into Nova Scotia tomorrow.
- N.S.'s first big storm of 2015 brings panic for #stormchips
- Emergency measures officials may want to consider an update on their standard storm stock-up list.
- Shelburne 'pleasantly surprised' by enigmatic offer
- An unusual offer has come to the town of Shelburne, but the mayor isn’t asking too many questions.
- Energy East Pipeline draws Halifax protest
- A group opposed to the development of the Energy East Pipeline is calling on the National Energy Board to open up meetings about the project to the public, an idea the federal regulator says it is considering.
- Alton Natural Gas project faces noises complaints
- A couple living near a planned natural gas storage facility want it shut down before it even opens.