Set New-Wes-Valley as default location
Current ConditionsMon Mar 02, 15 at 7:30 PM NST
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 6:46 AM
Sunset: 5:47 PM
SE 61 km/h
Pressure: 99.0 kPa
Snow at times heavy or rain
Periods of snow and blowing snow
Summary(Celsius) Mon Mar 02, 15 at 4:00 PM NST Mon Mar 02, 15 at 4:00 PM NST
Snow at times heavy changing to rain or drizzle late this evening then to a few flurries after midnight. Snowfall amount 10 to 20 cm. Rainfall amount 2 mm. Blowing snow this evening and before morning. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 70 becoming southwest 40 gusting to 70 overnight. Temperature rising to plus 1 this evening then falling.
Periods of snow and blowing snow ending early in the afternoon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Amount 5 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the afternoon. Wind southwest 40 km/h gusting to 70 becoming west 70 gusting to 100 in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 5 in the morning then steady.
Partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the evening. Wind west 70 km/h gusting to 100 diminishing to 40 gusting to 70 in the evening. Low minus 16. Cold wind chill minus 29.
|Periods of snow and blowing snow||Chance of flurries||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
0° | -5°
32° | 23°
-10° | -15°
14° | 5°
-8° | -18°
18° | -0°
-5° | -12°
23° | 10°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Brier 2015: Brad Gushue, Mark Nichols reunite for curling title
- Brad Gushue's pursuit of his first Canadian men's curling title on his 12th attempt has been strengthened with the return of Mark Nichols.
- Stop calling 911 just to make sure it works: Vince MacKenzie
- Newfoundland and Labrador's new 911 system was launched this weekend, but the fire services president says people need to stop calling the emergency line just to make sure it works.
- Hunting 'primary factor' in decline of Red Wine caribou, says Dan Crummell
- Environment and Conservation Minister Dan Crummell says illegal hunting is a "primary factor" why the Red Wine Mountain caribou herd has been reduced to critical numbers in recent years.
- Adam Young got stung: Venomous scorpion attacks St. John's man during flight
- A St. John's man who was travelling in South America got the fright of his life last Friday, when he was stung by a scorpion on an airplane.
- Raymonds chefs using local ingredients to produce sausages video
- Two chefs at a high end restaurant in downtown St. John's are producing a selection of pork sausages made entirely from ingredients sourced in Newfoundland and Labrador.