- Analysis Corruption, AIDS, inequality. The South Africa Nelson Mandela left behind
- In honouring Nelson Mandela, the world paid tribute to a truly great man, Gerald Caplan writes. But Mandela's legacy also includes a South Africa where corruption and inequality are endemic, and that has not lived up to his ideals.
- Updated Mandela 'fake' interpreter Thamsanqa Jantjie: I was hallucinating video
- The man accused of faking sign interpretation while standing alongside world leaders like U.S. President Barack Obama at Nelson Mandela's memorial service said Thursday he hallucinated that angels were entering the stadium, suffers from schizophrenia and has been violent in the past.
- Thai protesters cut power to PM's office
- Protesters announced they cut off electricity to the Thai prime minister's office compound on Thursday and demanded that police abandon the premises, piling fresh pressure on the government amid a political crisis that has dragged on for weeks.
- Putin defends Russia's conservative values, chides West
- Russian President Vladimir Putin uses his state-of-the-nation address to defend conservative values, referring obliquely to his government's anti-gay stance as he chided the West for treating "good and evil" equally.
- New Nelson Mandela mourners queue for 2nd day in Pretoria
- Mourners filed past the body of Nelson Mandela on a sunny afternoon in South Africa's capital of Pretoria today, as the former president's remains lay in state for the second of three days.