Rounds of Heavy Rain Today For Southern BC...July 23rd
- A low pressure system is sliding inland from the coast of Washington ushering in rounds of moisture today for most of southern BC.
- Special weather statements and t-storm watches are in place for the southern half of the province
- Showers have already moved across Vancouver this morning and they will continue to fall on and off today..the heaviest of the rain will fall tonight though with embedded t-storms possible
- There is a chance that rainfall warnings may be issued for parts of the south coast later today if it looks like the heavy rain will fall in a very short period of time
- Generally we are talking a 20-30 mm evening but again some locations might see over 40 mm with the t-storms
- Meanwhile the interior of BC is looking to get rounds of t-storms sliding up from the south starting this afternoon..local amounts could exceed 25-50 mm in just a short period of time and localized flooding is possible along with gusty winds and lightning
After the Storm..Back to Hot & Dry
- Rain will linger tomorrow morning for Vancouver but skies could start clearing out as early as the afternoon
- Temps will also begin to recover after a cool next couple of days with afternoon highs in the high teens..
- Lots of sunshine back for the end of the week, through the weekend and into next week