Unsettled Week Ahead..April 15th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- After a nice start to the day for the south coast, a new system is approaching from the west that's already helping to break down our lovely high pressure ridge
- A few isolated showers have already shown up for the south coast with steadier rain to move in tonight and through much of Wednesday and into Thursday
- Temperatures will also feel a little cooler over the next couple of days with afternoon highs around 11/12 degrees
- At this point looks like we get a bit of a break on Friday before a mix of showers/clouds/sun returns for the weekend
Arctic Cold Front Brings Winter Back to Ontario
- Temperatures in Toronto dropped 23 degrees in about as many hours thanks to a sharp arctic airmass
- The front also brought a light dusting of snow to parts of the GTA and you can bet social media was full of before and afters of the Summer/Winter battle that was fought through the night
- Many daily temp records were broken yesterday across southern ON & southern QC yesterday
Flood Watch Update:
- The cold front that dropped temps in Ontario is now doing the same in Quebec today.. but also bringing a fresh round of soaking rain to areas already dealing with flooding
- Rain will change to snow today for Montreal and the eastern townships could see as much as 40 mm of new precip
- The City of Sherbrooke in southern Quebec has issued a flood alert as parts of the St. Francois River have surpassed 20 feet already. Preventive evacuation orders have also been issued for about 15 homes in a section of the city.
- Some flooding along Laval's waterfront has also been reported and residents are taking further precautions with water levels in the Mille-Îles River, Rivière des Prairies and Lac des Deux Montagnes expected to rise.
- The recent rainfall has meant flood warnings have been extended for many of southern Ontario's waterways: http://www.grandriver.ca/
- River Watch is in effect for NB which means water levels could rise throughout New Brunswick's river system
- Video of farmer rescuing calf in icy waters
new-brunswick/farmer-rescues- calf-struggling-in-icy-flood- waters-1.2611081
Landslide destroys cottages in Quebec's Laurentian region
- A landslide has swept away two cottages on Lapierre Street in the Quebec municipality of Lac-des-Seize-Îles earlier today
- Four boathouses were also carried away by the slide, that was likely caused by snow melt.
- The homes of at least four people have been evacuated from the area, but there are no reports of injuries
com/news/articles/landslide- destroys-cottages-in-quebecs- laurentian-region/25352/
Video of Lunar Eclipse Last Night
- 3 more chances in next 18 months if you missed it..but you won't get Mars in there as well
technology/total-lunar- eclipse-last-night-was-the- 1st-of-4-1.2610637