Rain Today, But Sunny Breaks Tomorrow...April 3rd
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A Pacific frontal system is sliding inland today bringing a full day of light rain to Vancouver
- The cold front of the system should pass by this evening meaning rain will taper to spotty showers by tonight, but gusty winds will move in behind
- Showers will continue for Friday morning but it looks like we will see some clearing by tomorrow afternoon! Enjoy a nice evening if you can because another Pacific front will move in for Saturday afternoon..
- Good news though for Sunday, chances are getting between for a mix of sun and cloud (and just a few lingering showers)
- Temps will be a touch on the cool side at 10-11 degrees for YVR in the afternoons through to Saturday but then.....
- Big warming trend for early next week! Could be talking mid to high teens for parts of the south coast (with showers) by mid-week
Canadian Weather Woes (And Delights) in Pictures:
Marine Ferries Finally Free in Cape Breton
- Two Marine Atlantic ferries with 800 passengers on board freed themselves from ice today after being trapped off the coast of Cape Breton overnight.
- Winds have pushed heavy ice from the Cabot Strait onto shore in Cape Breton, and it could be a couple of days before winds ease and conditions improve.
nova-scotia/marine-atlantic- ferries-free-of-thick-ice- back-in-port-1.2596606
Massive Snowbanks Make for Great Video
- Hilareous video of a St John's family tryong to get through their front door. 'Jumping Jesus' video has gone viral: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/
newfoundland-labrador/jumping- jesus-snowbound-video-prompts- worldwide-laughs-1.2596691
- Snow Banks in parts of Newfoundland, Northern Ontario & Manitoba are between 1-4 meters!!
Tornado Threat Tonight in the US
- The tornado threat ramps up from Texas to Missouri today with reports (and video) of golf ball size hail out of Kansas already today
- We are getting into Summer Severe weather season both north and south of the border Up From Texas to Missouri Thursday
Same Storm For Ontario Bringing Snow, Rain, Ice & T storms
- A special weather statement is already in place for ON & QC: more heavy snow (15-20cm!)and high winds to NW Ontario and significant rain to southern Ontario starting tonight
- Many regions will also get freezing rain tonight on the boundary between the warm & cold air
- Isolated thunderstorms are likely to affect some regions tonight and tomorrow with low visibility due to driving rain and possible freezing rain (rough eve and am commutes for GTA)