Rain Tapering to Showers Tonight..More Rounds This Weekend...March 28th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A Pacific frontal system is pushing onshore today bringing rounds of steady rain to the south coast. Already 7-15 mm has fallen through the overnight period
- We will likely get a break from the steady rain early this afternoon as the system tracks east, but low clouds and rounds of showers will continue through to tonight (and a rumble of thunder or hail not out of the question!)
- Temps will struggle to get up to the double digits today behind the system but overnight lows shouldn't drop by more than a couple degrees
- Although the fronts will have tracked east for tomorrow, the actual centre of the low pressure system continues to spin off the west coast through the weekend bringing more unsettled weather
- We may catch a break Sunday night (much-needed at that point) and there is a chance we will see the sun before it goes down
- Clear skies and warm temps Monday & Tuesday
Winter Keeps on Keeping On...
- While the Maritimes are enjoying(?) digging out today in mild temperatures.. and will get up to the double digits tomorrow, there is another shot of snow on the way
- Rain will fall with the warm air today &tomorrow for the east coast but a new system will spread snow across the region for Sunday
- At this point looks like freezing rain could be an issue for the Maritimes with some areas getting another 5+cm
- Meanwhile most of Canada remains covered in snow, as temperatures remain below seasonal through the end of March
- Some good news for southern Ontario - some double digits temps and sun on tap this weekend! But rain/snow mixing still plagues the forecast
- Most of the Prairies blow seasonal this weekend with rounds of ligt snow
Special weather statement already in place ahead of Sunday's messy weather. Follow @CBCWeather for the latest
New Search Area Indian Ocean Weather
- While the new search area means general improvement to dominant wind and wave speed, still tracking unsettled weather over the next few days
- Today, conditions are generally fair as far as waves and winds but there will be increasing clouds in the area ahead of an approaching system..
- Looks like there is a chance of a storm to skirt through the area for search hours on Sunday (tomorrow local time) that could bring moderate swells and higher winds along with lower clouds and showers